Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear script
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolerthanelvis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sventinker wrote:
Quote:
It looks similar to the size of the VOLKSWAGEN emblem on later Buses but I believe that has 4 prongs.

see that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for I didn't know that emblem had four prongs. like I said above I will measure the holes when I can but as it is surely a dealership logo I can assume there all going to be different so matching one up will be difficult . Thanks again for the input

Is the rear script on a SC or DC the same, with 4 prongs? My SC has been painted sometime in the last 20 years or so and I only see two holes above the decklid. Do I need to start chipping the paint off to find the other two holes?
SV2s member #420
'68 Westy

"Do or do not, there is no try."
-Silent Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
Found in the 68-79 Camper section of the Gallery:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And this was found in the 55-67 Bus-Deluxe section:

So this is Baywindow?

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Busryder wrote:
Found in the 68-79 Camper section of the Gallery:

So this is Baywindow?

That's your call man... all I know is that you can't just go run out and swap that one out for a different one, purposefully gapped or not Confused .

This makes me think of the other thread;http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=394850 those damn Baywindow snobs, they think they're so hard. Freakin' VOLKSWAGEN Gangsters. Rolling Eyes

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
galexander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on my son's '63 SC rebuild, and was wondering how does the script actually attach to the hinge plate? The VOLKSWAGEN script I have has 4 studs and there are 4 holes in the hinge plate, but there is no back access to put clips on like the front VW emblem.
Was there some sort of insert that goes into the holes?
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galexander wrote:
Working on my son's '63 SC rebuild, and was wondering how does the script actually attach to the hinge plate? The VOLKSWAGEN script I have has 4 studs and there are 4 holes in the hinge plate, but there is no back access to put clips on like the front VW emblem.
Was there some sort of insert that goes into the holes?
thanks
It IS held on by 4 minute clips pushed onto those studs, from the backside. It's tight, but there is access from the back... (or at least there is supposed to be). If not, someones been in there messin' things up. I have a '63. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pig-pen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

quick question...

does any one make a repro 1500 emblem? google is not being kind to me.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

pig-pen wrote:
quick question...

does any one make a repro 1500 emblem? google is not being kind to me.

Not so far. We have some NOS 1600 scripts left.
Troytempest69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

Has anyone tried using the Porsche 356 1500 or 1600 badges? Assuming they’re the same size (not got any dimensions) it looks like the number ‘1’ is the main visible difference. Looks like the Porsche badges come in gold, chrome and 1500 or 1600 versions.
djholland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

How have people actually pushed the clips onto the studs on the rear of the "VOLKSWAGEN". I can get my finger in and touch the stud but cannot get the clip on. The studs are about 1.5 inches in and the hole is not much bigger than the diameter of my finger. I tried taping the clip to the end of my finger as well as a small socket with masking tape. No luck so far.
BonTonRoulet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

djholland wrote:
How have people actually pushed the clips onto the studs on the rear of the "VOLKSWAGEN". I can get my finger in and touch the stud but cannot get the clip on. The studs are about 1.5 inches in and the hole is not much bigger than the diameter of my finger. I tried taping the clip to the end of my finger as well as a small socket with masking tape. No luck so far.

How about....... take a paint stirring stick, drill a hole through the stick near the end of it that is slightly larger than the diameter of the stud, add just a dab of gasket maker silicone/sticky stuff to the stick at the hole to temporarily hold the clip to the stick, then insert the stick with the clip into place and either push or lever with the stick to push the clip on the stud.

Or.....and I kind of like this one better......find a new unused pop rivet that is slightly less than the diameter of clip/stud, tie a piece of fishing line to the head of the pop rivet and another piece of fishing line to the base of the rivet, slip the clip over the line tied to the head of the rivet, slide the clip down to the base of the rivet, add a dab of sticky stuff to the clip, fish the line tied to the head of the rivet in through the decklid from the back side, pull the line and the rivet through the hole in the decklid thus aligning the clip with the hole, then use the other end of the line tied to the base of the rivet to pull the rivet back through the hole leaving the clip stuck to the backside of the decklid. Now put your finger on the clip and push the stud through and into position on the clip.
djholland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Rear script Reply with quote

BonTonRoulet wrote:
djholland wrote:

How about....... take a paint stirring stick, drill a hole through the stick near the end of it that is slightly larger than the diameter of the stud, add just a dab of gasket maker silicone/sticky stuff to the stick at the hole to temporarily hold the clip to the stick, then insert the stick with the clip into place and either push or lever with the stick to push the clip on the stud.

Or.....and I kind of like this one better......find a new unused pop rivet that is slightly less than the diameter of clip/stud, tie a piece of fishing line to the head of the pop rivet and another piece of fishing line to the base of the rivet, slip the clip over the line tied to the head of the rivet, slide the clip down to the base of the rivet, add a dab of sticky stuff to the clip, fish the line tied to the head of the rivet in through the decklid from the back side, pull the line and the rivet through the hole in the decklid thus aligning the clip with the hole, then use the other end of the line tied to the base of the rivet to pull the rivet back through the hole leaving the clip stuck to the backside of the decklid. Now put your finger on the clip and push the stud through and into position on the clip.

Thanks BonTonRoulet

Your first suggestion is similar to what I tried (except for the drilling a hole in my finger part). I think masking tape wasn't a good enough sticky substance, so I may try this again (maybe with a dowel with a hole drilled in it).

I like your second suggestion. I'll try this later this week when I get a chance.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: