Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A photo of a '64 walk thru passenger seat please
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rene p. l.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: A photo of a '64 walk thru passenger seat please Reply with quote

I did a search and found nothing... I'm missing the passenger seat for my current project, a '64 walk thru. Can someone can post a photo of this seat please. Because the seat i currently have didn't fit, the frame of the bottom part is straight and both parts (bottom and backrest) are together...

Any ways to be sure that the seat I will look for will be the right one?

I think the seat should be in two parts like this one
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Krustybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like what you have are bay window seats. Here's the frames from my 66. I think they're the same for 64. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

[/img]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 64 and 66 are the same shape
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rene p. l.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: A photo of a '64 walk thru passenger seat please Reply with quote

rene p. l. wrote:
I did a search and found nothing... I'm missing the passenger seat for my current project, a '64 walk thru.

Thanks

I had the same issue with my '65. Took me 6 months to find a seat I could afford.
weststock69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey René...

weill dat spliiite bee rouling dis summer??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tu sais qui Wink

|o\*/o|
rene p. l.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no.... too much to do.
Alaskan Adventurer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A photo of a '64 walk thru passenger seat please Reply with quote

[quote="Lair"]
rene p. l. wrote:
I did a search and found nothing... I'm missing the passenger seat for my current project, a '64 walk thru.

Thanks

I had the same issue with my '65. Took me 6 months to find a seat I could afford.[/quote

Took me two years to find two sets. they only show up when a walk thru gets cut up and that dont happen very often anymore
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend just picked up a 64 walkthru but the pass side seat is too wide. On the 64 and on my 66 the 2 holes for the seat back are 12 inches apart but on the seat back that came with the 64 the 2 studs sticking out the top back of the seat are 16 inches apart. Any idea what year this seat is supposed to be for?
bugcollections
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: seats Reply with quote

Ev is correct. The 64-67 seats are the same for walk throughs to the best of my knowledge (that's the frames that are the same, not the upholstery). I just went through the process of trying to find a back rest for a 65 walkthrough. Took me 6 months of calling every one and every used parts supplier that I could think of. One of the leading used bus parts dealers told me he hadn't seen one in a while and had a customer who looked for one for two years and finally found one that he had to pay $300 for. I finally did have a bus buddy that came through for me and found one. Traded him $125-$150 worth of bus parts for it. So, good luck in finding one. I also ran an ad on the Samba for a long time trying to find one with no responses.

I didn't want to link them on here, but if you do a search on my photos in the gallery under bugcollections I have several photos on there of restoring a set of walk throughs for a 65. You may find one useful.
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the correct passenger seat back listed for 75 bucks if you still need it. Send me a PM.
bugcollections
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: seat Reply with quote

Well, I found one, but at that price somebody better grab it.
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tubdub wrote:
A friend just picked up a 64 walkthru but the pass side seat is too wide. On the 64 and on my 66 the 2 holes for the seat back are 12 inches apart but on the seat back that came with the 64 the 2 studs sticking out the top back of the seat are 16 inches apart. Any idea what year this seat is supposed to be for?

anyone have an idea?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: