Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

American Pickers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

A good friend of mine was flying back from Iowa weeks back, when Mike and Frank were headed here to Arkansas for the episode of the Split buses purchased for like $30k (I still haven't seen the episode)

Though Mike wasn't there, Bill (my buddy) sat next to Frank the fight from Iowa to Little Rock as he was coming back from visiting the in-laws. 3 seats with an empty seat between the two of them. Bill said it was impossible to talk to Frank, which I kind of get, but at the same time find it hard to believe as Bill is the most laid back, southern gent hippie you can be.

I get the limelight and people endlessly heckling ya, but Bill was jus trying to be polite. The entire flight back, nothing shared but a forced smile and some awkwardness.

I also heard the buzz of these buses about 5 months prior to the Pickers showing up. Guy came into a friend's shop, which Bob said he was "too old and broke for Split projects". I made a mention to the guy who was relaying the information to Bob, who looked at me like, "who the hell are you kid?!"

I still enjoy the show. But hate what it's done to the antiquity market. Everyone here thinks since it's old it's gold.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
A good friend of mine was flying back from Iowa weeks back, when Mike and Frank were headed here to Arkansas for the episode of the Split buses purchased for like $30k (I still haven't seen the episode)

Though Mike wasn't there, Bill (my buddy) sat next to Frank the fight from Iowa to Little Rock as he was coming back from visiting the in-laws. 3 seats with an empty seat between the two of them. Bill said it was impossible to talk to Frank, which I kind of get, but at the same time find it hard to believe as Bill is the most laid back, southern gent hippie you can be.

I get the limelight and people endlessly heckling ya, but Bill was jus trying to be polite. The entire flight back, nothing shared but a forced smile and some awkwardness.

I also heard the buzz of these buses about 5 months prior to the Pickers showing up. Guy came into a friend's shop, which Bob said he was "too old and broke for Split projects". I made a mention to the guy who was relaying the information to Bob, who looked at me like, "who the hell are you kid?!"

I still enjoy the show. But hate what it's done to the antiquity market. Everyone here thinks since it's old it's gold.

I'm in Bentonville but from LR originally. Like a previous poster I do not get pay TV- can you fill me in on the story here? Where they were heading to buy the buses and when did the episode air?

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

SB001, like I said I haven’t actually caught the Aires episode. When I was at Bob’s shop in NLR a few months back, the owner was talking about some old Split buses. Double doors, 23 window, etc...
Frank was flying in to air the episode. So the coordination obviously took place before “pulling up in the van and handing them a flyer”. Memory serves , episode aired maybe a month ago, maybe 6 weeks?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
SB001, like I said I haven’t actually caught the Aires episode. When I was at Bob’s shop in NLR a few months back, the owner was talking about some old Split buses. Double doors, 23 window, etc...
Frank was flying in to air the episode. So the coordination obviously took place before “pulling up in the van and handing them a flyer”. Memory serves , episode aired maybe a month ago, maybe 6 weeks?

I'll look for the episode, thanks.
Good ole Mr. Myers- can't believe he's still around. He worked on our 69 autostick many times over the decades.

1600 SP engine
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Just watched the episode- nice finds. They pick up a 23 window, double door, and 11 window Kombi.
It would be nice however if the producers cared enough to get the name of the county correct... Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1600 SP engine
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Polaski?!? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oh man. Brilliant.

Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Few Cool images from reruns...
Bosch radio:

May West:

Another Bosch sign:

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Ass-clown shills for the oil and gas industry..just another fake "reality" show. Anyone who actually buys and sells for a living quickly recognizes that they pass over high dollar items to "dig out" an oil and gas industry sign. Their false pedigree inflates the price of patina type Bus's.

No wonder they won't talk to the public.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Ass-clown shills for the oil and gas industry.

WTF?
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Manfred58sc wrote:
Ass-clown shills for the oil and gas industry.

WTF?

Ronnie McDonnie is the clown Exclamation Laughing

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:

Last edited by Evil Clown on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

I like the show, I know people that they have bought from. Just because you see what they buy on the show does not mean that's all they purchased. Lol We all do the same damn thing...buy cars and parts as cheap as we can for projects, so we can sell for as much as possible later down the road.
I cant go hunting for parts and cars as much as I'd like, so this show fills the void. As far as running up prices...take a look in the classifieds. We are doing that to ourselves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

I ran into an old friend a few weeks ago. He lives in a small town on the very wet coast of Washington. The pickers visited recently and bought a few things from him, including a Hanomag RV/camper thing. Apparently the episode will air in the next few weeks sometime.

Guy's name is Norm. Big dude. Great guy.
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I ran into an old friend a few weeks ago. He lives in a small town on the very wet coast of Washington. The pickers visited recently and bought a few things from him, including a Hanomag RV/camper thing. Apparently the episode will air in the next few weeks sometime.

Guy's name is Norm. Big dude. Great guy.

Last night ep...23 built...
Here's Norm with Pickerz

Mike bought it for 7k

It has a 4 cyl., diesel w/ max
speed of 52 MPH

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Wolfe, and part of his collection
in Columbia, TN

These are from CBS Sunday Morning,
air date 02/02/20

It looks like this stuff will be displayed
in the old Ford building as a museum

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

I saw that interview. It was really enjoyable, and nice to hear the history of how Mike got into doing what he does.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

I wonder if the Von Dutch is in that room?

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

I think the Von is in Iowa...
Pickers pic from WW2:

Never knew troopers had mini bikes Surprised

Forgot the name of this bike...
Something Standard:

Edit: Brian fart Smile It's from Reading PA

Quote:

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Evil Clown wrote:

Pickers pic from WW2:

Never knew troopers had mini bikes Surprised

Indian Papoose?
(collapsible----parachuted to troops)
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

Paratroopers folding motorcycle
https://youtu.be/C9cRUxPh8mE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big Bull Shooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: American Pickers Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/C9cRUxPh8mE
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Jump to:
Page 55 of 56

Jump to: