Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My Baja bug runs really bad
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferris_bueller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: My Baja bug runs really bad Reply with quote

Hello all I am wondering how to make my 62 baja bug run better. To start out I need to feather the engine a ton and I was wondering if this was normal or if I should check something. Also I need to park it so the rear end is always uphill because if I don't fuel and oil drain into the 1&2 valve cases where it refuses to start. Also wondering if that is normal due to the age or if i should replace something. Any advice or tips help. Thanks!
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: My Baja bug runs really bad Reply with quote

Start with a carb rebuild, and a tune-up, knowing that you might end up rebuilding the engine.

With the engine off and in neutral, grab the engine pulley and push it forwards and then pull it towards you vigorously. Do you hear a "clunk"?
ferris_bueller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: My Baja bug runs really bad Reply with quote

Well I recently got a new carb so I hope that isn't the issue. With the pulley thing when ever I start it there is a series of clunks as if there is something rattling around the engine and you can hear it during idle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: