Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hateful people
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lupeibarra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Hateful people Reply with quote

Why is it that a lot of people selling stuff or cars here sound really hateful. Twisted Evil Dont waste my time,bla,bla. Dont you have to ask questions about what you are buying?? see it? test drive it? How does the potential customer know he is getting what he is paying for? I Saw a bug or two that i was interested in, but after reading all the bs ,i looked further ahead and i ended up with two very nice bugs from more relaxed sellers. i asked the questions and they gave me the answers.Where is the big deal? Im always looking to see whats outthere, but when i see hateful adds i dont even take them in consideration.....Just a tought...regards....Lupe.
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of use get tired of being stroked.
Questions, questions, prices, prices, prices, and then nothing.

It get tiring, when you are trying to make a couple dollars off what you have to sell.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people are "tire kickers" and after a while sellers get tired of it.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to wonder about these grouchy sellers, until I tried to sell one of my cars. I had one potential buyer send me no less than 30 e-mails and at least 10 phone calls asking the same questions over and over again, and there were a number of others who would call or e-mail and ask questions that were clearly spelled out in the original ad.
After a week of being beat up by these idiots, I finally got a real offer from a real buyer and sold the car, but the idiotic questions continued for days after the car was sold. Even after the ad was pulled down, the dopes that already had my e-mail and phone number kept pushing and pushing.
I won't post one of those 'don't waste my time' ads myself, but I really understand why they get to that point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tirekicker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Laughing

(16:45:42) Russ_Wolfe: TK, you are like a Maytag washer
(16:46:44) tirekicker: and what's a maytag washer?
(16:47:35) Russ_Wolfe: If you are not agitating, you are not working right
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tirekicker wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Laughing

too funny

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupe, if you truly want to understand why folks post bluntly when they place an add, place one yourself... I don't know how some of the fine folks here sell items on a regular basis... I've attempted to help folks out before that needed parts, now I'm not a seller just a guy that tried to help folks out, and became frustrated to no end... It's even worse when you are just trying to do a good deed... never matters how cheap something is, vw folks constantly try to lowball you... I saw a guy asking for an item, offered them a new item(they asked for used, to "save money") for what they were willing to pay, then a deal was made(about 40% cheaper than buying the item from a vendor, and included shipping) only to have the fellow paypal me *less* money than agreed, saying that's all they could do... I refunded the payment and said "no thanks"... I have lots of stuff, on a regular basis, that I get rid of.. I tend to give it to folks(sometimes paying shipping myself, and asking them to "pass it on") or throw it away, because it's just not worth the hassle of dealing with the stereotypical "cheap ass broke vw folk"...

try listing something, you'll see... Wink

GEX has. Just sayin
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<<<<<<<<<<

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, Neil, you are insensitive, not hateful.... Laughing

GEX has. Just sayin
--mego
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was going to be about "chat". Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than getting annoyed by nitpickers, another reason is if you have hot shit to sell, you dont need to be nice, real folks will come with cash and it will sell itself regardless of what you say in the ad.

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
lupeibarra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, . i guess i just dont deal with a lot of people, after reading all of your coments i can see why it can be annoying. Im always looking for stuff in the samba, but as you can see at my post numbers, i go in only when i really need to.I can see your points of view and i can only imagine the frustration. Confused
werksberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:
Some of use get tired of being stroked.
Questions, questions, prices, prices, prices, and then nothing.

It get tiring, when you are trying to make a couple dollars off what you have to sell.

GOD, that's the truth.....or how much is the shipping costs......they are listed in the ads....but I don't need it shipped that fast, so how much is the shipping costs.....$10 for USPS Priority plus you get a bonus set of ABS dash grille inserts ($10 value) and sellers can't do the cheap shipping unless we stand in line at the PO and we don't have the time to waste........ Customer yet again, so how much is my shipping cost...... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But if change your mind buying something, just MAN UP & tell the seller you are no long interested so they are not wondering WTF happen to them.....

Follow my new products on my Facebook Werks Berg
Click the below ADs link for products & feedback.
Search "werksberg" on Photobucket for products photos & Please remember to buy "American made products!"

Last edited by werksberg on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no shortage of stupidity on the side of both buyers & sellers.

Buy & sell long enough and you will discover that. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OTO X58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' buy a damn thing from sellers who post those kinds of ads. As soon as I read a little bit of attitude, I hit Back and flip through the classifieds some more. There's plenty of shit for sale out there, and you can find what you're looking for from someone else. And I've never seen the rarest of the rare stuff advertised with attitude.

And I have sold plenty of stuff online, and I have been met with dipshit buyers more than enough times. But still, I just figure that if i want to sell some stuff online, I am ready for all the weirdos to blow up my email with stupid questions. It's just part of the routine. Any seller should expect that kind of annoyance. So I post my ads with respect, and try to be as clear as possible.

RIP HBB 10.10.84 - 12.25.09
1958 Ragtop Bug Build - Subaru Swap!
1957 Gazelle Beige Ghia FOR SALE
1957 Dove Blue Kombi field find
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like every other month I get an email from somebody who requests specific information - sometimes forcing me to unbury a heavy part, weigh it, figure packaging and shipping and I get back to them as quickly as I can ....

.... and then never hear from them. Not even a "Thanks, I'll let you know."

We should almost consider keeping a background list of these people. Anybody who shows up more than five times gets listed publicly in the "buyer and seller feedback" forum.

Too harsh?

Laughing
lupeibarra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never posted anything for sale, but if i never do, i think im going to follow Thomas exemple, however, now i see both sides and i nwill keep it in mind when i buy or sell something Smile Smile
satterley_sr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate those guys ( can't call them buyers) who say "I'll take your item" You respond with "send me a money order or paypal" then nothing ,WTF. Also had another one where I quoted a really good price including shipping for a bunch of bearings, the guy guy chiseled me down $25 I agreed then nothing. I was very surprised by this person who is on here quite a bit giving advise.

Okay my rant is done.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one I don't get. I had an item for sale for about $500. I get a reply from someone asking shipping. It was $25. Now I'm thinking that if you're asking for the shipping, that means you're ok with spending 5 Bennys. But apparantly the $25 was a deal breaker. I guess he was expecting shipping to be $10-15???

I have a question for all the eBay sellers here. Many of my auctions generate questions. Usually shipping costs for overseas. Of all the auctions I've listed and all the questions asked, not one single question asker has ever placed a bid. Has anyone else noticed this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slowtwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not only buyers that are flakes, i've been running into a few sellers that are suspect. Last two "almost" transactions went south on me. I would ask for total cost on a part, wait 3 days for an answer. They would respond with a total. I then ask for their paypal/payment address, so i can send them cash, next thing I get is that they sold it locally Sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: