Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

cylinder 1 not firing!
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
audp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: cylinder 1 not firing! Reply with quote

hi guys, have a brand new 1914cc with 44hpmx duals(i know the shi.. everyone talks about these carbs but since thats what i have) my number #1 cylinder wont fire, checked everything from valves to spark, cleaned the carb blew every passage on the carb whith carb clean, checked plug, cable, rotor, cap, every single thing. The symptoms of the carb were that on the #1 side it gets cold and like sweats, i then cover the stack with my hand and i do feel sucking, and my hand gets al soaked up in gas, pulled the plug to see and it was wet in gas to. The other 3 cylinder fire up just right, like i mention it seems to be the carb, how can i fix this problem with the carb?? Rolling Eyes
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check that your coil is giving a spark to the distributor and then on thru the wires and sparkplugs? Ignition is simple if you are using a 009/010/etc, coil and standard set up with plugs and wires. Do it systematically. Battery-->Coil-->Distributor-->Wires-->Plugs. Your sparkplugs gapped and in working order? From the sound of it you have spark on the other plugs. Switch plugs from a different cylinder. Finally, when you pull #1 plug, does it have fuel on it? Go slow. With HPMX theres a trend going that you need to do extra adjustments to make em work out of the box. Floats need to be checked, passages may need blown out, if you havent used the carb in a while; you might need to pull all the screws and devarnish em. Let us know what other symptoms you find.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
audp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i did checked everything you listed, like i said i did clean the carb, checked float level, firing order is correct too, and yes when i pulled out my plug it was wet, i am out of clues Confused
connella08
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to make it clear, you did try to pull th plug and ground it to make sure you have spark at the electrode right? if not that indicates a bad plug, plug wire, or distributor cap.
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your plugs are wet, your not getting a spark. Check your entire ignition system step by step again. Your missing something.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
audp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conella, yes try that and yes thre was spark
thanks
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For crying out loud, you plugged the intake w/ your hand and you are surprised you got fuel in your hands? That is what happens when you apply choke. Stop that too...all you are doing is giving the engine fuel-wash.

HOw do you know #1 is not firing? Is the exhaust pipe cold? Don't assume you have a cold cylinders if you are not sure the exhaust is hot or not.

A hot exhaust pipe will tell you if you have a good cylinder. Put your finger right after the exhaust flange by the head. Don't cook your hand.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: