Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

A friend tried ordering a BC today and the last page to submit credit card payment information it says " please try again at a later time" and if you hit Back button, it takes you to the beginning and clears out all the entered information. Anyone else experience this using a CC recently?
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slow-N-Rusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and just getting back into VWs after a couple of decades. I requested the birth certificate for my '64 beetle a couple of months ago and just got it back.

I'm curious if anyone can shed light on what this could mean:

Manufactured in: Belgium
Country of Destination: France
Special Configuration: M350 Equipment for USA

So I'm in the USA and the car did have US equipment. The certificate has a blank delivery date and no information as to where the car was delivered in the US. I'm trying to figure how the car ended up in the US with US equipment if it was destined for France?

Also, my certificate only lists "M350 Equipment for USA". Do they no longer provide a break down of what is included in the option numbers?

Thanks all.

Volksheime, I had the same problem when I tried to submit an order in early August. I ended up having to pay by Paypal to get the order to go through.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Maybe a Tourist Delivery car?
I'm not sure about the made in Belgium part but delivered to France with USA equipment could very well be a Tourist delivery car picked up in France, driven around on vacation, then sent back to the USA afterward.

It's weird they didn't give the breakdown for 350 but I see a big list here on the site
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/mcodest1.php
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slow-N-Rusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Thanks, Everett. That makes sense about it possibly being a tourist delivery.

Also thanks for that list. I'm guessing that applies to multiple years due to some of the stuff listed but it's a good starting point.

Thanks again.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Slow-N-Rusty wrote:
Thanks, Everett. That makes sense about it possibly being a tourist delivery.

Also thanks for that list. I'm guessing that applies to multiple years due to some of the stuff listed but it's a good starting point.

Yes, the lists often include things that may only apply to later years.

I'm more familiar with Bus but they have some lists that includes things like a 12v system or back up lights, even when they things started in 1967
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I have a situation where I have a 50 split but the chassis was mistakenly hauled off to the scrap yard, so the VIN is history. All I have is the body, which still has the original body number in tact. I suspect this car to be a Hoffman so I am curious, can you get a birth cert with just the body number??

Its body# 132748 so its an Aug 50 Deluxe.

Thanks guys.

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I’ve tried to order a BC for my 66, but I can’t seem to find the right site. All links I find end up on a non functioning page.
What’s the actual link? Anyone has it?

Thanks in advance.
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Stockholm VW wrote:
I’ve tried to order a BC for my 66, but I can’t seem to find the right site. All links I find end up on a non functioning page.

Thanks in advance.

Go back a couple pages, you will see it on 50.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/zertifikat.html

View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Schwing wrote:
Stockholm VW wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Go back a couple pages, you will see it on 50.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/zertifikat.html

Thanks, Schwing,
Got the BC ordered. That was expensive! 🤪
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Good deal glad you could order Cool

I think I answered my own question regarding the VIN. Its marked as "required" so I think I can't do it unless I have the VIN.

simon varley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I tried this today, but the only options to add an address were either for Europe or the USA. I sent an email but in the meantime has anyone here outside Europe or the US ordered a Certificate recently, and if so how did you do it?
ibldrc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Has anyone ever gotten one back that was just plain wrong?
I submitted a request for my '66 1600TL Fastback, and the certificate says I have a '65 1500 Sedan.... but the color was correct.

Just as an info only note, they delivered it in less than 3 weeks from order date.
'67 Squareback

2003 Jetta "Variant" TDI
2008 Passat Wagon 2.0

1500 Build thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7904818&highlight=#7904818
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

simon varley wrote:
I tried this today, but the only options to add an address were either for Europe or the USA. I sent an email but in the meantime has anyone here outside Europe or the US ordered a Certificate recently, and if so how did you do it?

I just found the same problem Simon - I'll be interested to hear what you discover.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
simon varley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

In the end I used my family's address in the UK and I'll get them to forward it. I used PayPal instead of credit Card so the billing address didn't seem to matter. not really ideal but at least I had the opportunity.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

simon varley wrote:
In the end I used my family's address in the UK and I'll get them to forward it. I used PayPal instead of credit Card so the billing address didn't seem to matter. not really ideal but at least I had the opportunity.

I thought I'd that but really wanted my Australian address in it before I import the car. I suspect it is down to the postal service- the Bundespost doesn't seem to offer shipping to Australia right now.

Cheers. Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
simon varley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

mmm. we have family in Germany too and still receive letter posts from them. Maybe parcel post is delayed because of reduced flights, and they have removed the option from the site? hopefully they will resolve it for you.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Interesting. If I buy anything in Germany (other than a big box of stuff from T3HQ) I'm told it cannot be shipped to Australia so I ship it to the UK instead and get it forwarded on. I'll see if they respond to my enquiry about why it isn't an option. I'm happy to ship it somewhere else but have this address on the certificate....
MikeO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Curious if anyone has ever ordered one of these for a later model VW? I know that's probably a question more for VWVortex versus here, but wanted to ask here first. I'd like to order one for my MkIV R32, but would love to see what may be included/excluded versus older VW models. I'm starting to view my R as more of a car to preserve for the future (while still enjoying today), so having something like this would be cool, as my car pretty original. It's a bummer that they don't include engine/transmission SN's (the CoA for my 912 lists these), but I guess an email saying "it's original" is better than nothing.

Thanks,

Mike
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Update in ordering from Australia:
I emailed them via the link on the BIrth Certificate ordering page and got this reply:

You are welcome to place your order by E-Mail. For this, we need the following information:

Ordered product (Certificate/ Data Sheets / Bundle):
Document language (German / English):
Chassis number:
Engine number (if existing):
Modell name:
Billing- and delivery address:

Please confirm the following:
Your information is correct and corresponds to the existing vehicle documents. You are the legal owner of the vehicle you are requesting.

You can choose between two payment options. Prepayment by bank transfer and prepayment by credit card. If you want to pay by bank transfer, we will be happy to send you the necessary bank details. If you decide to pay by credit card, please send us the following information:

Credit card type: (MasterCard, Visa, AmEx):
Credit card number:
Good thru:

We will debit the amount from your credit card within a few days of receiving your order. Note: Please do not send us your check-digit! This information is not required for your payment.

The free shipping delivery time can take up to six weeks by mail.

I emailed my details and have had a confirmation order number by return. They did say it will take some time to arrive.

Dave
kinzebac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I just ordered mine up for my 71 SB. I am hoping turnaround times are still pretty quick.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 52 of 61

Jump to: