Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorba2.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Sent payment October 7, received it March 3rd. Came before my birthday like I hoped! 6 months like they told me. The interior color is odd because the info online says that Mosaic platinum is the option on the convertible models? The car is currently Yukon Yellow and has an incorrect black interior kit so it will all get redone eventually. (Previous owners repainted it twice)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
matzmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I got the certificate for my Syncro Joker last year after 4 months, but it was a total mess.
Options missing (which are mentioned in the VW dealer System!)
M-Codes definitely wrong encoded.
I got a corrected one, but this is still not 100% perfect.

Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hello There,

I received the BC for my '64 along with the confirmation letter for her original 40hp engine, I'm so stoked I feel silly. The numbers on the transaxle are in the correct range, from the tech page, and I believe it's original as well. The BC took 5 months to receive and it shows M358 US unknown option, M is for Mystery. Seat covers have been changed, but the door cards and mats may be original. Body exterior and wheels have a poor respray in a color close to L87.

Cheers!
Mike

grizzlya5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the difference between a birth certificate and a data sheet?
Will the birth certificate have the paint and trim colors?
Shade9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I am sorry if the answer to the original question is already posted here...but I don't see it.
And the question is- what is the difference between the certificate and the data sheet? Does it give you the same information?
Because...I really can avoid the certificate if they both say the same thing...

Thanks,
Ed
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

The (birth-) certificate provides data as day of production, day and place of first delivery, paint and upholstery, additional options…. If you provide them also your engine number, they will confirm whether the engine number corresponds to the chassis number.
The data sheet provides also the production and delivery date, mainly all technical data, most only needed for registration issues or for people wanting all data about their VW they can get. But in the data sheet, information to paint, upholstery and options are missing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

MY RECORD GUYS!
I recieved my Certificate and Datasheet about it takes two weeks even with DHL post time!
I send request at 23.09.16, recieved DHL Express packet 06.10.16.
Little secret - Spam all email addresses (below Certificate you can see significants, I send them, 10-12 recipients every day) of VW Museum with help to hurry up personal (Museum has only 2 persons who work with Archive diafilms), I said with Roswitha Hendel`s chief Tina B. and she helps me.
Than I sent to Roswitha Hendel and Tina the beautiful bouquet of flowers with a note and words of big thanks from Russia with Love!

Feel free to Contact with chief of VW archive department

[email protected]
Tina Berthold
Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen
Dieselstraße 35
38446 Wolfsburg
Germany
Phone +49 (5361) 84 86 171
Telefax +49 (5361) 52 01 0

My cefts:

and promotion prospects of 1984 year for West Germany customers:

pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

1. Tina Berthold is NOT a chief, not from the VW Museum and not from the Archive at VW. She is a colleague from Ms Hendel and works at the AutoMuseum. Also, she is not working there at the moment, she did take a pause for some time.
2. The personal from the museum does not own the Archive. The Archive is at VW. The museum does its request for each certificate at the Archive and also has to pay for it.
3. The museum has only low personal for the certificates, they have absolutely no time for responding requests that are not important or not about certificates or short questions about details. They are short handed and need their time for preparing the certificates. Due to this, they have 5 months delivery time at the moment.
4. Each request f.e. as "where is my certificate" slows them down working on the certificates, because they have to answer it.

You may feel free to contact them, but please keep in mind they need their time to work (perhaps on your certificate you are waiting for).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
antonb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

pastellgreen wrote:
1. Tina Berthold is NOT a chief, not from the VW Museum and not from the Archive at VW. She is a colleague from Ms Hendel and works at the AutoMuseum. Also, she is not working there at the moment, she did take a pause for some time.
2. The personal from the museum does not own the Archive. The Archive is at VW. The museum does its request for each certificate at the Archive and also has to pay for it.
3. The museum has only low personal for the certificates, they have absolutely no time for responding requests that are not important or not about certificates or short questions about details. They are short handed and need their time for preparing the certificates. Due to this, they have 5 months delivery time at the moment.
4. Each request f.e. as "where is my certificate" slows them down working on the certificates, because they have to answer it.

You may feel free to contact them, but please keep in mind they need their time to work (perhaps on your certificate you are waiting for).

This is lyrics, If you want to get it quickly - you can Wink My practice is showed it.
Procedure how u can do it - I wrote higher in this thread.
The main here is human attitude to people

Cheerz! Wink
lagrassa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Just sent in my request for my 64 Sunroof Coupe. The site now says it can take up to 6 months. Hopefully, it will be sooner.
54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Sent my request in February '17 (see previous page this thread) and received it today, but sadly no engine number listed. I have owned this 1954 oval since 1983 and I live 29 miles from the dealer where it was delivered, Competition Motors VW Porsche Hollywood, Ca (the same dealership where James Dean bought his 1955 Porsche spider.)

I have the original motor (should have supplied it to verify) and the color is Iceland green.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

54smurf wrote:
Sent my request in February '17 (see previous page this thread) and received it today, but sadly no engine number listed. I have owned this 1954 oval since 1983 and I live 29 miles from the dealer where it was delivered, Competition Motors VW Porsche Hollywood, Ca (the same dealership where James Dean bought his 1955 Porsche spider.)

I have the original motor (should have supplied it to verify) and the color is Iceland green.

You may be able to contact them after the fact to confirm the engine #
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiF82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered data sheet 23/6 arrived 8/7
So happy that arrived that quick
Very Happy
Larry S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what country of destination is on the birth certificate? It says SAO "AZ Sewer" I need help identifying please!
Thanks,
Larry

1958 euro ragtop
1957 oval ragtop
family cars we had over the years
Sum Fun
Radical Rod
51 standard
53 Zwitter rag
66 Ghia Vert
65 squareback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

SAO "AZ Sewer"

I have not heard of that delivery location but after some Googling I am wondering if it means the port in:
Sao Paulo, Brazil

SAO being Sao Paulo
AZ being Brazil
Not sure about Sewer

This could be way off base though.

I wonder if you can email them and ask for a clarification?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Larry S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Everett,
Thank you for the information, I had concluded the same as you but not sure how my car could have made it from Sao Paulo Brazil to Kansas in the US, stranger things have happened though. I did get a business card in my packet so I will email them and see if I can find out more info. I will let you know.
Thanks,

Larry
1958 euro ragtop
1957 oval ragtop
family cars we had over the years
Sum Fun
Radical Rod
51 standard
53 Zwitter rag
66 Ghia Vert
65 squareback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I agree that would be strange.
Maybe someone else will know or please post an update if you can get any further information from the VW museum personnel.

On that subject: My Double Cab was delivered to Florida and somehow ended up in Washington state <10 years after it was sold new. I have wondered how that happened before and did someone drive a Double Cab cross-country in the 60s? Were they moving and hauling all their belongings? I think every VW has some interesting stories in its past.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

We sent request for our 57 Ghia back in March 2016, then acquired 59 convertible in Oct 16 and ordered certificate shortly there after. Then got 63 sunroof in May of 2017. We had sent off for the first two and never received them. We knew there was a long wait but that was ridiculous. However, we ordered the 63 certificate and found an email address for Ms. Hendel, so I wrote and inquired about the two previous requests. Was my face red when she wrote back that we had never paid for them. I remember when I ordered them, there was some problem with the website and I thought I had lost the confirmation email. I quickly sent off two more payments. (now the exchange is up to $103 apiece, nice hit times 3 to my credit card) Anyway I received all three the other day. They were ordered June 29 and postmarked July 4. Wow! what a turnaround. I guess they had the info all ready and were waiting for payment. I didn't send flowers, but sent her a nice note of thanks. Interesting that my sunroof is actually a sunroof, not a graft. the convertible was originally sent to the Philippines and the Ghia was bought by a US tourist in Germany.
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered mine today.

1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible
Blunova
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered Birth Certificate Today for 66 Fastback.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 42 of 61

Jump to: