Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJs73Vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

NoDents wrote:
Ordered mine today.

1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible

If you could report your reception of it, it would help clarify current turn around time.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TJs73Vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Blunova wrote:
Ordered Birth Certificate Today for 66 Fastback.

Two different requests on the same day. If you both could report your reception of it, it would really show us a good picture of their turn around.

I ask this because i wish i could order one for the car I'm selling. But i need it gone long before 6 mos. passes.

I'll order for my next vw immediately. I wish i knew about these sooner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
54smurf wrote:
Sent my request in February '17 (see previous page this thread) and received it today, but sadly no engine number listed. I have owned this 1954 oval since 1983 and I live 29 miles from the dealer where it was delivered, Competition Motors VW Porsche Hollywood, Ca (the same dealership where James Dean bought his 1955 Porsche spider.)

I have the original motor (should have supplied it to verify) and the color is Iceland green.

You may be able to contact them after the fact to confirm the engine #

Thanks for the tip.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered mine March 11, 2017 and it arrived July 26, 2017, so 4 1/2 months wait for me. I was disappointed that it only says special color, can not be identified. When I look up the paint code listed on my M code plate to the list on this site it says Postal yellow and I know that is correct as I have stripped most of the layers of paint down to the original. If The samba knows SK 648 is Postal yellow why does the VW factory not know this? I also think they have the upholstery color wrong, I think all the Commercial VW trucks only came with Grey seats the year mine was built.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
I ordered mine March 11, 2017 and it arrived July 26, 2017, so 4 1/2 months wait for me. I was disappointed that it only says special color, can not be identified. When I look up the paint code listed on my M code plate to the list on this site it says Postal yellow and I know that is correct as I have stripped most of the layers of paint down to the original. If The samba knows SK 648 is Postal yellow why does the VW factory not know this? I also think they have the upholstery color wrong, I think all the Commercial VW trucks only came with Grey seats the year mine was built.

I didn't know that buses came with 36hp engines for the 1960 model year...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:

It was the "Bastard 40" but it was still rated as 36hp.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered for my Type 34 on March 13th and received it on July 29th. So about 20 weeks.
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
Wayne.bass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi guys,I'm looking for info ,I'm trying to date my bus as the dvla in the uk have it as a December 1977,I checked on the listing in samba.com and it seems it's earlier than that ,I'm trying to narrow it down to an exact month and year ,,the first 3 numbers are 267 which goes up to August of 1977,but seems to include 1976 ,the last 4 digits are 5091,,can anybody help,thanks in advance ,wayne
havenot001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I will be taking the Volkswagen factory tour and seeing the museum in October 2017. I’m leaving from California and staying with my son who lives in Austria. He has booked to tour and made the accommodations in Wolfsburg.

The Question is:
Has anyone picked up the certificates-and-data-sheet well in Wolfsburg?

Thanks
Chris
BMAN130
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

wonder if they'd give it to u the same day

maybe a cash price?
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

On the certificate for my 71 vert, they could not identify an option (was for a tonneau cover), so I wrote back to them and pointed out that the option was for a tonneau cover. They confirmed that and reissued me a certificate that now showed the option correctly. No extra charge. So, may be worth writing to them and pointing out the correct color for that special color code.

Byas
Jayham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Probably has been answered but what additional information is on the data sheet that is not on the certificate.

Is it worth getting both or just one. The website really is sparse on further information.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Pretty sure the data sheet is just for if you are registering the car.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Jayham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Pretty sure the data sheet is just for if you are registering the car.

Gotcha thanks, I ordered one see what happens 5 months from now.
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Mr. Mike wrote:

The data sheet confirms or denies if the engine in your vehicle is the original.

Cheers!
Mike
Abbey1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Looks Awesome! but I dont know if i can bring myself to drop $100+ for a cool little piece of paper. maybe if I decide to sell it one day.
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered mine on July 14th. Got it in the mail today, my 62nd birthday.

Woo Hoo!

Dancing
AircooledBackcorner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi, just discovered this forum/topic. I ordered a certificate and datasheet for my '71 Beetle Convertible on the 22nd of november. I'll keep you posted on the delivery time.
Steven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

How did you place the order for you birth certificate?

did you call or go on line or ?

Thank you
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

See the first post in this thread for information
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 61

Jump to: