Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhonfpachon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

I have recived my certificate, but the Country of Destination says: "Europe Tourists"
Anyone knows how I can find the country in where my Vw were delivered when new?
Thanks !

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I am not familiar with that entry but I wonder if it means they picked it up at the Factory as a "Tourist Delivery" vehicle
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

yes, it is meant like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jhonfpachon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I am not familiar with that entry but I wonder if it means they picked it up at the Factory as a "Tourist Delivery" vehicle

That Could be, but the Delivery Service have some cities for the delivery around all Europe, not only Wolfsburg.. or there is some clue to know that this case was delivered in The Factory?

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

The Other Tourist Delivery vehicles I have seen often had the delivery country listed but I don't know if the letters are always consistent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered a birth certificate for my 1959 Dbl Cab on Feb 28, 2018.

It arrived today, July 12, 2018. So looks like they’re running about a 6-month lead time. Not too bad considering I waited nearly a year back in 2016
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Stovebolt6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Went to order a birth certificate today, found this...
...is the museum still providing this service? how do I order?
Family: 1962 356, 1970 914, 86 930 Turbo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowBeetleSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

My parents threw out the Birth Certificate that I had ordered back in 2012 so I desperately want to order another one. I really hope they can get this service up and running again soon.

A lot of data about my Beetle (color, destination, production date, extras) are listed as "could not be identified" on my birth certificate. Has anyone ordered more than once and been able to get more detailed information listed?

I really wish my certificate listed Texas Yellow, destination Los Angeles, sunroof etc. because I know for fact those are the specs and it's kinda lame to have a birth certificate that says "could not be identified" all over it.

1972 Super 1302S
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Jo-vws wrote:
Surprise :
My beetle is from Sweden. And at the Wolfsburg Museum, they said me someone could maybe have the original copy of the 1st order.

So, I contact him, and, 3 days later, so... today (!), I received a copy of the "micro-film" which indicate how have buy the beetle, where, with all serial numbers, extras chosen, color, (...) and date of the 1st registration in Sweden !
Wonderfull ! I think "he" is on "thesamba" (not sure), but if you want the mail address, don't hesite to contact me and I will send you by MP. (I think it's not correct for him to write it directly here)

If someone have a swedish VW, I realy advise to do it ! It is a simple but a beautifull document.

That is a lovely document. I have birth certificates for all my VWs, but would love to have the actual order sheet. I'm assuming this is what they are looking at to make up the certificate when you order it? Or is this something specific to Sweden?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

That is specific for sweden's VW importeur Scania Vabis
skylerdidit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Stovebolt6 wrote:

I just went today to order mine and also got that same message. Sad
1964 Notchback
1966 Bug
1969 Bay Window Bus
Wheelererw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I realize I do not have the build and left factory dates. but I it is really nice to have the original window sticker from my 1974 Sun Bug, that I am starting to call half bad.

Here is a pic of the car and the reason it is half bad is because the drivers half has not been washed yet.

It does need a quite a lot of work but it is a very good start.

vee dub dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

skylerdidit wrote:
Stovebolt6 wrote:

I just went today to order mine and also got that same message. Sad

Same, its been this way for about 3 months or more at this point i think..

Fresh Air VW Car Club - Pittsburgh, PA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c_wilburn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

The site is still claiming to be down for "technical reasons". I hope it doesn't mean they were sick of doing this and chucked the data. I have sent an email to one of the only actual addresses I could find, hoping to hear something back.
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ordered mine on April 28 and received it August 10. Just over 4 months.

What I wanted to confirm is it still has the original paint, Rallye Yellow. But, it doesn't appear that Rallye Yellow was an option for the Standard Beetle in 1974, only for the Super Beetle.

I also have the original Window sticker as I see many other people do as well.
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Rats. I need to know if the engine in my car is numbers matching. This matters a lot on Bring a Trailer. I want to try and auction my car off again next summer.

Don
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

drgerry wrote:

What I wanted to confirm is it still has the original paint, Rallye Yellow. But, it doesn't appear that Rallye Yellow was an option for the Standard Beetle in 1974, only for the Super Beetle.

**PROBLEM**

My VIN is 1142588908. They came back telling me it is a Super Beetle, and it's NOT.

Where can I find a reliable VIN checker for old VW's?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

drgerry wrote:
drgerry wrote:

**PROBLEM**

My VIN is 1142588908. They came back telling me it is a Super Beetle, and it's NOT.

Where can I find a reliable VIN checker for old VW's?

Tell them to correct it. Super Beetle start with 13 in the VIN #
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I've been in conversation with them and they're claiming they cannot make any changes because that's what their "records" show.

Here's my last email to them today:

Please help me here, I’m just having a hard time understanding that if the VIN starts with “114”, and those numbers indicate a Model 111 – Year 1974, how can the cross reference to the records be wrong for one VIN and not for all VINs starting with 114? Especially when a 1974 Super Beetle VIN would begin with “134” . . . . I just don’t understand . . . .

Is it possible that someone simply transposed the data when researching this vehicle?
drgerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Well . . . . I ether just wasted $109 on a piece of paper, or . . . . . . . this increases the value due to the discrepancy. Like a coin that comes out of the mint with a flaw . . . . .

What do you think?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 45 of 61

Jump to: