Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine pics
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr8cobbler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2 on the exhaust. Looks like a dual canon rig without the HP loss. Might be a few "yanks" here that could figure that out too, after seeing it done of course.... Wink

Being a cheap old fart is just a front for my actual lack of money. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66 Shorty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That IS a Bad ass looking motor/exhaust set-up!!!

Lots of good pics/ideas in this thread. Just wondering, how many of you guys are running lower type 3 "Cool tins" on their motors instead of the regular type 1 lower tins? Any Ill affects? I have read good things about using them, but, I have also been told to use all original type 1 tins on a Buggy...

Thanks!

'60's Spatz Buggy body on '74 Chassis (Budget Build)
'69 Bug (Baja-to-be partial daily)
'10 Silverado (My daily)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggy Disaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my engine. Alot of chrome at first, but added in some red/orange parts to make it look better.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As it sits now

Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Looking for ideas as well. A lot to the links are dead, I’m guessing due to photobuckets money grubbing greed. Can anyone update pics?

And love that exhaust. I may have to commission someone here to do something similar.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Heres Mine I recently put on my sportster, bead blasted tins and rattle can paint
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

I like the creative use of copper tubing and flashing. A little hint of steam punk?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Yea Alittle steam punk-ish, like the idea also moon shine still, wanted to use coiled copper for the road draft tube just got lazy on that part. I have a little tin bucket I may put at the end of the tube with a plastic black rat. The copper line for the vacuum advance came off a A/C coil. hard to find copper that small.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Try a hobby shop for copper tubing.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

If your from the Jacksonville area, youll have to come to the dune buggy at Amelia Island if you dont already know about it. I didnt go last year went to another one that same weekend but I plan on going in 2018.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

vponder wrote:
If your from the Jacksonville area, youll have to come to the dune buggy at Amelia Island if you dont already know about it. I didnt go last year went to another one that same weekend but I plan on going in 2018.

I'm actually in Orlando, so a bit longer of a drive. Ive been threatening to hook up the tow bar so I may be up for it next year.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Im from just above Tallahassee so its not bad of a haul , just have to get up at O dark 30 to go. Going to Saint Augustine next Saturday for a show there trip is two fold daughter is in College there so we'll get to see her to.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

Any idea of the weekend this coming year?
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Engine pics Reply with quote

For Amelia Island its been the last weekend in May .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: