Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bostig Zetec aux battery location option
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Bostig Zetec aux battery location option Reply with quote

In deciding to give the Zetec conversion a go I was motivated in part by the desire to expand my battery capacity without using ANY inside space. After seeing a few conversions it seemed like there would be enough room to add a battery to the engine compartment. At first I was only hoping to move the main/starting battery to free up the front seat battery compartments for aux battery use. After getting a standard Group 41 or Group 48 to fit next to the engine with ease it occurred to me the better choice would be to add a much larger deep cycle type to the engine compartment so that is what I plan to do next. Here are some photos showing what I did the first time around.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mark
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work you crazyzetecvanman...
I was just thinking about putting a spare battery under the drivers seat but i like this better. I would rather keep the secret storage.
Thanks for the post.
climberjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanman,

Thanks for the extra writeup, pix, and making this idea it's own thread so it's easier to find. The Bostig is looking better all the time!

-CJ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: