Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Kit Car Resources
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Priceofhistoys.com is up and running 100% . I have also redirected and moved over the content from vwkitcars.com , added a forum, and classified section for kit cars.
Mpzoom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Hey guys I'm new! Reply with quote

Hey, I just purchased a 1966 beetle. Interested in the Porsche speedster kit. However my question is do you have to do anything special involving the DMV, once the kit is finished?

Thanks
JustBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ca. it'll need to be registered as a Specialty Constructed Vehicle.

If you go through the regular channels you'll have to have it smogged to modern day stats of the year it is completed and registration applied for! #Bad Talk

However, if you apply for one of the 500 available each year "SB100" variances, it'll be smogged to the year of whatever the car represents. It's a process involving a few inspections (brake & light, CHP, CA smog referree) but well worth not having to ever smog it again!

There are quite a few threads on Thesamba that address this.
Dauntless
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustBuggy wrote:
In Ca. it'll need to be registered as a Specialty Constructed Vehicle.
If you go through the regular channels you'll have to have it smogged to modern day stats of the year it is completed and registration applied for! #Bad Talk

However, if you apply for one of the 500 available each year "SB100" variances, it'll be smogged to the year of whatever the car represents. It's a process involving a few inspections (brake & light, CHP, CA smog referree) but well worth not having to ever smog it again!

There are quite a few threads on Thesamba that address this.

For adding a body kit to an existing car? No it won't. The SCV process is for kit or scratch-built cars that use some stock or modified car components, such as the drive train. You are free to modify the body, interior, exterior, etc., of a registered and titled existing car to you heart's content without having to go through anyone. So long as you don't alter the smog equipment you don't have to do any inspections at all. For pre-76 cars no smog inspection is required anyway, so for all practical purposes you can do what you like to a '66.

The modified car does have to retain the VIN/identification numbers, though. And make sure you don't violate laws about lights, license plates, exhaust, etc. Have fun!

PS - sorry about resurrecting a 2-month old thread, but I thought this misinformation needed addressing
sjmrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Bradley GT & GTII Reply with quote

You may want to add the Bradley GT and GTII ti the list.
Here are a couple useful links;
http://www.bradleygt.org/
http://www.bradleygt2.com/index.php
bizzarrinirossa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34FraserNash wrote:
Due to popular demand, I will add a dune-buggy parts supplier, but many of their offerings will be of use to kit-car builders if they have a high performance-type kit like a Riot, McLela, Manta Montage, Marauder VW-powered Can-Am car, Crosby Formula Fun or Pelland:

http://www.appletreeauto.com/

Buggy parts, high-performance/lightweight stuff, reasonable prices and a free catalog. User-friendly website.

Can anyone help me? It was mentioned about different kit car manufacturers like McLela. I'm also interested in other manufacturers of 90's: Kaylor ,Faesing Motors ,Atlanta 9014 ,Classic International and I want to buy a brochures or info packs.
JustBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a few brochures, parts, and even a construction manual for my Laser 917. All of these I've found doing Google.com searches and all of them were acquired from Ebay.com purchases. That includes my car!
bizzarrinirossa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustBuggy wrote:
I've found a few brochures, parts, and even a construction manual for my Laser 917. All of these I've found doing Google.com searches and all of them were acquired from Ebay.com purchases. That includes my car!

What do you have for sale? I am interested in Laser info pack by Quint and Wolf 917 by Denevy.
I also had to buy a lot on ebay but unfortunately many manufacturers still not found, and most of 90's.
JustBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything that I found is something that I want to keep with my car.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

Hey Everyone. In addition to priceofhistoys.com I wanted to share our new website www.fiberclassics.org. We have a fully functioning handcrafted vehicle registry that we would love for all "Vintage" kit car owners to sign up on.

Thanks!
Belgarion32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

Hi all, sorry to revive the thread but I bought a book last year called "Petersen's Complete Volkswagen" it's a third edition and looks to have been copyrighted in 1973. Now to the important bit:
The book shows documentation of the Invader GT kit which appears to have semblance to a Porsche. I read through your resources but I didn't see anything on it unless it's under a different name, does anyone have any information on this kit?
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

Hi there.

The Invader GT looks NOTHING like a Porsche but there is plenty of info on the internet about them. Here is a bit http://fiberclassics.org/autokit-industries/
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

Belgarion32 wrote:
...the Invader GT kit which appears to have semblance to a Porsche.

kitcarguy wrote:
The Invader GT looks NOTHING like a Porsche...

Maybe a 904? Kinda' Sorta'? Think

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

I mean I guess if you splash bleach in your eyes and need to squint and you have blurry vision.....
BUGTHUG
Samba's Rented Mule

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

Anything about Kelmark’s?

1963 15 window bus
1966 VW bug
1966 21 window micro bus
1969 Dune Buggy
1965 VW bug
1974 VW bug
1972 Kelmark, VW drive line
1948 Chevrolet Hearse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

A lot of these links are DOA.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

legotech7 wrote:
A lot of these links are DOA.....

Yes, it happens.

I do see a few dead links in the first post of the thread here but not sure if that's permanent or not.
If someone knows for sure that a website/company is dead and gone, let me know and I can removed the link(s).
Or if they have a new website/link I can do an update.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flyin' blonde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kit Car Resources Reply with quote

I was cleaning out my spare bedroom this weekend and found my collection of old Kit Car magazines, mostly from the '90's. Kind of cool to reminisce. I also found a factory brochure for a Cimbria and I have one for the Vokaro too. Also found my brother's collection of car plans he got from Popular Mechanics, mostly from Quincy-Linn industries. These were plans for building your own cars, one is called the Tri-Magnum, there's a VW-based camper-thing, and some sort of small diesel powered car. Someday I'd like to find a home for all of these, but I'm waiting to make sure they go to someplace that doesn't disappear in a year or two.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: