Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'58/'59 Beetle Discussion
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexg40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Here is a few recent photos of mine - Built 16th October 1957 with all matching numbers and panels, imported from Sweeden last year but I couldnt help myself and decided to hit it with the lowering stick..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

flyboy161
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Try beetlekey in the classifieds
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1908334
I bought material from him for my '58

The 1964...Diamond in the rough
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612776

My 1958 Morocco Bug-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611483
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

nice! any good sources for red/brown material??
58 swr-cnb 15 window
60 ghia 12v. 36hp WW okrasa
72 hightop adventurewagon
80 9-seater vanagon aircooled 2.0 FI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

This looks like a light bronze car. A diamond grey car would have had a red interior, so picture this in red with brown basket weave.

Don
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

does anyone have a good picture of what a Canadian standard interior would look like for a diamond grey beetle?
My birth certificate doesn't show interior color, and the car was gutted when i got it. Also, any good sources for the material?
Thanks, Conrad
58 swr-cnb 15 window
60 ghia 12v. 36hp WW okrasa
72 hightop adventurewagon
80 9-seater vanagon aircooled 2.0 FI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

iamdonquixote wrote:
question:
will a stewart warner gas heater for a 61-64' bug work on 58'-59' ? Anyone have pictures of various gas heater installs on their 58-59?

thanks

Well almost anything can be made to work. EG installing a type 4 engine in a beetle is real easy by cutting some of the rear body off.

Plus like radios, the S&W heater were for the most part a dealer installed accessory. So a VW that was traded back into a dealer sometimes got accessories added at that time to sweeten the used car deal. That way someone that could not afford a new VW with no frills, could get a used VW with the big buck options they desired. Also once someone paid off their VW, the next month they had that chunk of extra money that they could then go to the dealer to get the option/s installed. We have an early 1960s all transistor radio instructions for installing in an oval window beetle due to this affect.

Take a gander thru the "Heaters and Air Conditioning" that you can access thru the Technical button above on the right. Especially the 1960 manual.

We have a 1959 beetle that seems to be pretty original, that has an Eberspacher heater that was probably dealer installed.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Darrin900 wrote:
So silver white/deep blue it is. They only used fjord blue in 59 correct? I donít have a birth certificate yet but I think the car is Capri. Thanks stale air

No prob, and yeah fjord is 59 only.

Wanted: Original VW Accessory front hood script

1958 L245 Type 113
1961 L87 Type 117
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RichOakley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Same car, late 1970s..

1957 RHD Pitt-Moto Type 2 Camper
1959 RHD Beetle
1966 RHD Type 3 Fastback
1976 RHD Sun Beetle
RichOakley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Same car in 1966...

1959 RHD Beetle
1966 RHD Type 3 Fastback
1976 RHD Sun Beetle
RichOakley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

1959 RHD Beetle
1966 RHD Type 3 Fastback
1976 RHD Sun Beetle
RichOakley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Garnet

1959 RHD Beetle
1966 RHD Type 3 Fastback
1976 RHD Sun Beetle
Darrin900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

So silver white/deep blue it is. They only used fjord blue in 59 correct? I donít have a birth certificate yet but I think the car is Capri. Thanks stale air
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Darrin900 wrote:
Looking for wheel colors for a 1958 Capri blue beetle. Ww says L82 silver white and L336 deep blue. Does that sound right? Iíve read L87 pearl white also. Also any help on formulas for those colors would be great thank you

Yup, those are the correct colors for Capri.
Sorry cant help ya on the formulas though.

Wanted: Original VW Accessory front hood script

1958 L245 Type 113
1961 L87 Type 117
Darrin900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Looking for wheel colors for a 1958 Capri blue beetle. Ww says L82 silver white and L336 deep blue. Does that sound right? Iíve read L87 pearl white also. Also any help on formulas for those colors would be great thank you
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

question:
will a stewart warner gas heater for a 61-64' bug work on 58'-59' ? Anyone have pictures of various gas heater installs on their 58-59?

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

57 Zwitter? wrote:
I just started working on a 58 Vert I bought from a neighbor in 2001. It was parked in his garage since 1970 until a snow storm caused the garage roof to collapse. Luckily the bug only got a dent on the cowl by one of the wipers. It was originally a black car and the interior seems to be red and gray when you look at the door panels, however it has gray seats??? It this correct? This is a car that has been in this family since 1960 or so and it all original. But the red on the correct star pattern door panels puzzles me. Any thoughts?

Dealer may have mixed and matched. Look at the Wolfsburg west color charts for 58/59. Standards had grey seats in 58.
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

I just started working on a 58 Vert I bought from a neighbor in 2001. It was parked in his garage since 1970 until a snow storm caused the garage roof to collapse. Luckily the bug only got a dent on the cowl by one of the wipers. It was originally a black car and the interior seems to be red and gray when you look at the door panels, however it has gray seats??? It this correct? This is a car that has been in this family since 1960 or so and it all original. But the red on the correct star pattern door panels puzzles me. Any thoughts?
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

hsosa1,

Can you post some photos of your Garnet Red car?

Regards,

hsosa1 wrote:
graybum wrote:
Hi everyone!

Does anyone here know where I might be able to source a replacement sunroof cover for a '59 Garnet Red Ragtop?

I contacted Wolfsburg West who said they had nothing to match the original, and suggested I try Lenny Copp. So I sent Lenny an email a few weeks back, but as yet no reply.

Not a great picture, but the best I can find to show the colour:

Any help appreciated!

Wow i got a garnet red too . There is no match

WANTED: DEET EICHEL (Modesto, CA), license plate frames and other Deet Eichel related items.

Wanted: Original VW
hsosa1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

I got a 59 garnet red rag too!
myvolks1 wrote:
Wow! I also have a Garnet Red car. Would it be possible to see more pictures of your car. Is this a semaphore car?

Regards,

graybum wrote:
Hi everyone!

Does anyone here know where I might be able to source a replacement sunroof cover for a '59 Garnet Red Ragtop?

I contacted Wolfsburg West who said they had nothing to match the original, and suggested I try Lenny Copp. So I sent Lenny an email a few weeks back, but as yet no reply.

Any help appreciated!

Just Cruzin Sur Califas VW Car Club est♤1998
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: '58/'59 Beetle Discussion Reply with quote

Wow! I also have a Garnet Red car. Would it be possible to see more pictures of your car. Is this a semaphore car?

Regards,

graybum wrote:
Hi everyone!

Any help appreciated!

WANTED: DEET EICHEL (Modesto, CA), license plate frames and other Deet Eichel related items.

Wanted: Original VW
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 128

Jump to: