Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Performance Chassis for T1
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwnewb88 wrote:
oh technicalities Embarassed I meant an early swing axel bug with a beam front end

why eliminate the later standards?

GEX has. Just sayin
vwnewb88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i see you like playing devils advocate Twisted Evil , so just for you we'll include those too
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwnewb88 wrote:
Ok i see you like playing devils advocate Twisted Evil , so just for you we'll include those too

nah, just playing around... Laughing

GEX has. Just sayin
vwnewb88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good these forums could use some light hearted humor
MikeBock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmmmm....... Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
MikeBock wrote:
The guy down the street has a Ferrari.....after I buy one of these performance chassis and put a huge motor in it I may just have to pay a visit Wink

I would encorage you to keep it on the track (that way you have writen proof you kicked a$$). But hey if the guy is giving you static, you gotta do what you gotta do....... Wink

Buy the way it would be super cool to get video of this happening for all the ney sayers on here......

Ok......good idea. Let's do it. I have the camera Wink

"There's no such thing as bolt-on"

My 57 Ragtop and 65 Sunroof
http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt270/Timbockhold/
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the kit weld-on or bold on?
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrispaterson82 wrote:
Is the kit weld-on or bold on?

Both, Our front end is a self fixturing weld on unit.... It bolts up to the stock location and then there are a few okaces that need to be welded to get the strenth that it needs to do what it does.....

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigwhit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont suppose that this could fit, or be moded to fit a Type 3 frame? The same way that a Type 1 beam is put on a Type 3, can this be put on? Doubt it, but wanted to ask anyways.
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you answered coolrydes... Can you use a swing axle trans with it? I'd like to keep a type 1 trans in it (for financial reasons) but do I need to go out and get an IRS trans?
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigwhit wrote:
I dont suppose that this could fit, or be moded to fit a Type 3 frame? The same way that a Type 1 beam is put on a Type 3, can this be put on? Doubt it, but wanted to ask anyways.

Yes it could be fit if a type one beam style bulkhead was installed first. we could also possibly install a factory installed on on your pan is we had it here in the jig.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrispaterson82 wrote:
I'm not sure you answered coolrydes... Can you use a swing axle trans with it? I'd like to keep a type 1 trans in it (for financial reasons) but do I need to go out and get an IRS trans?

Chris,
Our chassis can be used with a standard type one trans. It can also be set up with just the front end if you want to run a swing axle, however to get all the performance out of our chassis it is recomended you do front and rear with an IRS trans.... Otherwise your front end will far out handle the rear...... Ever heard of over steer???

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Kevin, You've convinced me! Ima start saving. I'll hit you up in a year Smile
Kelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=291681

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

For those on a SMALLER budget. I'm sure he could build a full size chassis as well.
I hate people. Are you people? I hate you.

Just trying to remember classic Samba quotes from the 'Days of Yore'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelley wrote:

For those on a SMALLER budget. I'm sure he could build a full size chassis as well.

Do you even realize what forum your in???? THis is the PERFORMANCE forum, not the manx/dune buggy forum.

I'm sure if all you are after is price then why even waist your time putting that chassis under your car if you going to use all Stock parts????

For $2015 you get a chassis with no other parts (beam, rear arms, shocks, etc...) Oh ya and it will be a special construction title, and NO PERFORMANCE!!

Our chassis is for the person that want the car to handle. Our chassis come complete with shocks, springs, rear trailing arms, front a-arms, rack and pinion, tie rods, front and rear sway bars, balljoints, hiems, bushings, adjusters, and even brakes if you opt. for them.

That chassis and ours are not even in the same class or even school...

Please understand this is a performance thing......

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Kelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
Do you even realize what forum your in???? THis is the PERFORMANCE forum, not the manx/dune buggy forum.

Yes, I know. I've been here practically everyday since 2003.

Kelley wrote:

coolrydes wrote:
I'm sure if all you are after is price then why even waist ( It's "waste" ) your time putting that chassis under your car if you going to use all Stock parts????

I merely pointed it out as an alternative,,, don't get your panties all wadded up. You have to remember, that everybody on The Samba comes in the Performance forum, because there are a wide range of 'performance' topics here, from the mild to the wild. Your's is up near the wild end of things. I'm sure you're aware that you can make a stocker "perform". Most cases, if not all, a tube chassis replacing a stocker will perform better.

coolrydes wrote:
For $2015 you get a chassis with no other parts (beam, rear arms, shocks, etc...) Oh ya and it will be a special construction title, and NO PERFORMANCE!!

That's awesome. I mean it, that's really nice.

coolrydes wrote:
Our chassis is for the person that want the car to handle. Our chassis come complete with shocks, springs, rear trailing arms, front a-arms, rack and pinion, tie rods, front and rear sway bars, balljoints, hiems, bushings, adjusters, and even brakes if you opt. for them.

I didn't post it as a comparison, I know they're two different chassis. Relax,,, I didn't take food out of your mouth,,, those that want yours, will pay for it, or budget for it. Those that have a smaller budget, like I mentioned earlier, may not. Then again, they might get it anyway if they want to. Look at chrispaterson82,,,, he's sold on it. He said he'll hit you up in a year for it.

Hey, I like your chassis,,, post up more video when you get a chance.
I hate people. Are you people? I hate you.

Just trying to remember classic Samba quotes from the 'Days of Yore'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelley wrote:
coolrydes wrote:

Yes, I know. I've been here practically everyday since 2003.

Kelley wrote:

coolrydes wrote:
I'm sure if all you are after is price then why even waist ( It's "waste" ) your time putting that chassis under your car if you going to use all Stock parts????

I merely pointed it out as an alternative,,, don't get your panties all wadded up. You have to remember, that everybody on The Samba comes in the Performance forum, because there are a wide range of 'performance' topics here, from the mild to the wild. Your's is up near the wild end of things. I'm sure you're aware that you can make a stocker "perform". Most cases, if not all, a tube chassis replacing a stocker will perform better.

coolrydes wrote:

That's awesome. I mean it, that's really nice.

coolrydes wrote:

I didn't post it as a comparison, I know they're two different chassis. Relax,,, I didn't take food out of your mouth,,, those that want yours, will pay for it, or budget for it. Those that have a smaller budget, like I mentioned earlier, may not. Then again, they might get it anyway if they want to. Look at chrispaterson82,,,, he's sold on it. He said he'll hit you up in a year for it.

Hey, I like your chassis,,, post up more video when you get a chance.

Kelley,
Calm down brother... I was just givin you some crap. I don't want anyone to get the missunderstanding that the chassis you posted up in anyway compairs to ours. I'm not trying to say that ours is all high and mighty, it is that you are posting something up that is like compairing apples to bannanas.....
That chassis is meant for buggies that have no strenth in thier bodies. You'll never need all that under a bug, that is what the heater channels do. Besides I don't think it will fit a bog body tight enough to not leak.

As far as a stocker performing, we know exactly how much we can make a stocker perform. You see before engineering our chassis we tried to modify a stock chassis to make it handle as best as possible, and the best we could pull out of a stock chassis on a latteral skid pad was .56 "Gs" that is just over half a "G" or equal to half its body weight. Also other handling like oversteer, understeer, braking, and panic manuvers were at best un predictable. That is why we spent more then a year perfecting what we came out with. I know its not basement bargin price, but like people always say "you get what you pay for".

Now take a breath with me and relax brother. If you've been coming on here this long then you know how things can get out of control....
Smile

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
MikeBock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
Kelley wrote:

I'm sure if all you are after is price then why even waist your time putting that chassis under your car if you going to use all Stock parts????

Please understand this is a performance thing......

Hey Kevin, so when are we going to see the T1 complete.......Bug-In 35 in Fontana? Can't wait to check it out. Do you think it's really going to pull close to a G with the additional weight/height compared to one of your Manx's on the S2 Chassis?

"There's no such thing as bolt-on"

My 57 Ragtop and 65 Sunroof
http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt270/Timbockhold/
58 Plastic Tub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it, Kevin.

There's another thread in the "Performance" section, titled, "Where will the hobby be in 10 years?". IMHO, what you've done with this chassis points us in the direction we should all be thinking of going.

There will always be a place for full-on 100 point restorations, and there's still enough parts around to make correct restorations a viable part of the hobby. But this is the "Performance" section of the forum, which is unfortunately means everything from "hey, I'd like to bolt on some Kadrons, but don't know how", to stuff like this.

It's a mixed bag of people here, and a lot of what you've been getting is the $1.95 retro-grouch crowd, who are just sure that a swing-axle Beetle ought to handle "good enough for anybody". Less than $7K for a fully adjustable, modern suspension able to pull over 1G in a BEETLE is nothing short of miraculous. Doing it for a chassis that hasn't been produced for this market in 30 years is a HUGE advancement for the hobby.

Everybody says they want quality parts. Here's some quality parts. Not everybody needs or wants what Kevin's selling. That's fine, but when your supply of Asian-made urethane bushings that may or may not fit your beam (just "pick through the stack, 'till you get ones that are tight in the tube") drys up, it'd be nice to know that somebody out there is making something that is worth a shot of powder.

I'm pretty deep into my speedster. If it had a pan under it (it doesn't), I'd be saving my pennies for this kind of stuff. Don't want to? Then don't- but lighten up on a guy who's trying drag the hobby out of the dark little corner we find ourselves in.

The price is great for what it is.
Mint Jams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering the full chassis set up with IRS trans. The sad thing is I purchased from rancho a pro-street swing axle trans last Sept. It was to go with the new engine (2007cc) I am intending to built.

Is it possible for all suspension parts to be painted black instead of some parts being in grey/silver? ..... I'm planning a sleeper and black disguises the demon well. Can you do a RHD set-up?

Is there a power assited steering system to go with the R&P rack? ..... it will be great addition especially for daily drivers mainly in the city. What luxury and power? ...... this is more then mouth watering.

Will be in touch with you soon Kevin.
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff! Good to see someone doing something "out of the box". If I ever redo the bottom of the speedster I'll be giving you a call.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 75

Jump to: