Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Not real sure if this is a good deal or what... $4500 for a 91 carat, with a few issues, and wants to have cash in hand, and meet at the police department... "clean title"

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1991-volkswagen-vanagon-carat/6261778354.html

You'd think a guy with a "fleet" would know it wasn't a Carat.
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Not real sure if this is a good deal or what... $4500 for a 91 carat, with a few issues, and wants to have cash in hand, and meet at the police department... "clean title"

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1991-volkswagen-vanagon-carat/6261778354.html

Terrible pics. Looks like bondo in the fron steps and who knows what's hiding behind the open slider.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/6305138695.html

$400 for crap seats
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

And now it's here on the Classifieds.. go figure.

Take note: I saw this one on CL about a year ago, if I am remembering it as well as I think. Seems likely the person who got it then is now ready to let it go.
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$27,000 for a 2wd Doka? Sure it looks like it's in good condition, but seems like a stretch and not even a lot of detail given to justify price.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/volkswagen-transporter/6304593095.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
1987 VW Transporter excellent condition
4speed manual

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:
$27,000 for a 2wd Doka? Sure it looks like it's in good condition, but seems like a stretch and not even a lot of detail given to justify price.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/volkswagen-transporter/6304593095.html

Quote:
1987 VW Transporter excellent condition
4speed manual

I think that van was going for ~$7500 5 years ago.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2100570

Something really wrong with this guy... not only does he post a fake thread on purchasing a van but did not know it was a hacked syncro but give me a break $450 for an instrument cluster? Maybe in 20 years when there are none left. Look at his other ads, he basically doubles the already high end of the market price. Nice try dude
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$200 for a middle slider window? Didn't he check the going rate in the classifieds? Most are going for well under $100. He could sell his partial Syncro Westy for a $100k.
espo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

He took your kind words to heart and has a NEW listing for you:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2100637
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

You can ask whatever you want.
You'd think at that price he'd include shipping.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2100570

Something really wrong with this guy... not only does he post a fake thread on purchasing a van but did not know it was a hacked syncro but give me a break $450 for an instrument cluster? Maybe in 20 years when there are none left. Look at his other ads, he basically doubles the already high end of the market price. Nice try dude

Keep in mind that this dude is a douche: he claims he didn't know why the Vanagon he bought had the gas filler in the D pillar:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=687233&highlight=

Trolls have to troll, they're powerless in the struggle to resist.

p.s. It smells like another insyncro fake n00b.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I always wondered how to come up with something funny to say about a French Guy Joke... does this fit the category? $49K Problem is, I don't know if that is a deal or if its not.. Lets have some fun on the French Joker thing ?!?!? BTW, what is that strange grill on the slider?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2089841

levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I like the way he says that the wear and tear just adds to the authenticity.

My van has a LOT of authenticity.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

if that's so, then my van has soo much authenticity it falls off sometimes while I drive.

share the love. I always say.. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tencentlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

levi wrote:
I like the way he says that the wear and tear just adds to the authenticity.

My van has a LOT of authenticity.

My van is so authentic, it's unreal!

Please don't PM here, I will not reply.

Experience is kryptonite to doctrine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
docj78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

45k CAD for a tin top syncro? You've got to be kidding me! Suby conversion lowers the value IMHO, especially when you're trying to use "full restoration" as a selling point. And of course, no interior pics. Weed hasn't been officially legalized in Canada yet, has it? Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2106221
Bman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just needing to get some over pricing off my chest. Recent user had this 1990 Tintop for sale, obvious flipper, had no records of previous owner or work done. He listed it for $7,500:

my disclaimer: I did buy it from the guy; excellent compression.

ANyway, I go check it out, definitely needs new brakes, pedal goes soft at times, sloppy shifting and Odin only knows whats up with the wheel bearings and other unforeseen things.

I tell him its not worth $7.5K, he says nno its a 10K...."i sell em all the time."

anyway I got it for 4.5 and a trade

Sure enough once home I've got to put 2K into it to get it to that 7.5K value.

What is the 7.5K value for a tintop?
-good brakes
-record of maintenance
-good bearings
-front heater works
-straight rust free body
-good tires, or at least decent last ya another 2 years
-strong engine
-solid shifting trans axle

For me 10K:
-newer shocks
-front end bushing replaced
-stock interior

I'm happy with the deal, just needed to vent a little about the implied value he was trying to sell me.

2WD Doka build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503578&highlight=
FaceHook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T3-DokaSinka/129026087217120?ref=hl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I cant get used to the idea that 10k tintops are a thing.
Seems like just a few years ago where if it did not have a pop top, it was worth no more than an aerostar.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tobias Duncan wrote:
I cant get used to the idea that 10k tintops are a thing.
Seems like just a few years ago where if it did not have a pop top, it was worth no more than an aerostar.

Word. I paid $400 for my last tin top one year ago. Plain jane 87 super clean but boring. So far have $1300 in to it. Late model carats etc... i can see going for 5-8 large maybe 10 if really nice with everything sorted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

People are priced out of campers and buying tintops instead. Then after they dump money into them and decide to sell, they want their investment back. I've seen several on the market for a long time.
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/d/vanagon-westfalia-parts/6328620603.html

100 dollars for the RMW step thats 80 on their website. I guess thats 20 dollars worth of non slip padding.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 91 of 137

Jump to: