Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirehtööri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
Tirehtööri wrote:
What are the common price range for syncro's now days in states?

Anything that is halfway decent is now over $10k and well sorted tintops are going over $15k.

So selling hard and straight panel hightop syncro with 2 differential locks, with healthy engine and undercarriage for 10$k, is pretty decent amount to ask for?
And with 1500$ to 3000$ for shipping, that would be still way under 15$k?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tirehtööri wrote:
RainierSyncro wrote:
Tirehtööri wrote:
What are the common price range for syncro's now days in states?

Anything that is halfway decent is now over $10k and well sorted tintops are going over $15k.

So selling hard and straight panel hightop syncro with 2 differential locks, with healthy engine and undercarriage for 10$k, is pretty decent amount to ask for? And with 1500$ to 3000$ for shipping, that would be still way under 15$k?

Yes, that's not too bad.
However, one of these other threads would be a better place to ask these questions.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Also keep in mind that most buyers are unwilling to deal with shipping a van from Europe-it's a lot of paperwork- and buying a van sight-unseen, so a lower offering price is needed.
Good luck!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
Also keep in mind that most buyers are unwilling to deal with shipping a van from Europe-it's a lot of paperwork- and buying a van sight-unseen, so a lower offering price is needed.
Good luck!

Contact Busman to do the calling, test drive, dealing, transfer of funds, hauling, paperwork and dropping off at the port. Pretty painless if you get a customs broker to handle the paperwork on this side of the Atlantic also. Smile
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
MsTaboo wrote:
Good luck!

Contact Busman to do the calling, test drive, dealing, transfer of funds, hauling, paperwork and dropping off at the port. Pretty painless if you get a customs broker to handle the paperwork on this side of the Atlantic also. Smile

I've already done two imports from Europe, no more. Well, maybe one more, been looking at Golf Country Syncros Laughing

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
Well, maybe one more, been looking at Golf Country Syncros Laughing

Those things are an awesome concept, though I must say, in 8 years living here, I've only seen a handful driving around....
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Huh.
Interesting timing.
I just saw one of those golf country syncro's on c/list in so.cal. about a month ago.
I think jalopnik did a little blurb on it.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
Tirehtööri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

What is the price range for those Golf country syncros? Here in Finland they sell them 1500$ - 2500$ and they are solid and roadworthy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Classifieds Feedback
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

A tintop Syncro for $45k? You're in Syncro Westy territory at that price. Good luck trying to hit the grand slam home run.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2016624
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$40k for a 2wd Westy (w/ new trans (LSD) and new motor 2.5L Sub)
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6166405303.html

whoosh...Summer is coming
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$900 for a set of stock steel rims with (edit: Four not ford, thanks campism) ford ranger tires Rolling Eyes
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/pts/6140962773.html

ad:
Four Ranger R101 Thunderer tires on 14 inch rims in amazing shape. They were the original rims on an 82 westfalia camper van. 250 per tire or 900 for all four obo.

Last edited by dsdunbar on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
$900 for a set of stock steel rims with ford ranger tires :roll:
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/pts/6140962773.html

ad:
Four Ranger R101 Thunderer tires on 14 inch rims in amazing shape. They were the original rims on an 82 westfalia camper van. 250 per tire or 900 for all four obo.

Not FORD, but FOUR (count 'em, 4) Ranger brand tires. At least they're 8PR and a 102 rating that's good enough for a Westy, although that price is a bit steep.
kennyw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I like this one
https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/6170379096.html

I never heard anyone use fuel efficient and vanagon in the same sentence before and I don't think I ever called a Vanagon a minivan.... And then when you read it they claim its a '75 with 13k miles and power windows/locks a dealer alarm... oh wait could it be the 2008 RAV4 that they are describing which is what is in the details off to the right??? And not photos either I really want to see a 75 Vanagon with power everything and only 13K miles.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ya, no. Some one needs to get this ad reported.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

that's been making the roounds in the SE craiglists for weeks. I've reported it.
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
A tintop Syncro for $45k? You're in Syncro Westy territory at that price. Good luck trying to hit the grand slam home run.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2016624

He must have heard you. Price now 35k. That is a nice van.
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/6185777332.html
Quote:
I have two jump seats kept in pristine condition. They are rear-facing, quick-release jump seats that can be placed behind the driver and passenger seats. Their original trays are included as well.

2 for $2,000
1 for $1,000

They do look nice, but Shocked Laughing
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just when I thought $95k was a high ask for a Syncro Westy,

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2048395

this one pops up with a $105k ask.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2066687

So these are going to become so expensive that one will have to trailer their Syncro to the campground?!
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I recently bought a starter for my 84 from an Autozone. Terminal bolt was way too short, had to swap the old solenoid from my old one. This was on a Saturday after 8pm (headed out early the next day) so I will give them credit for being open until 10pm on a weekend.

Another emergency weekend repair on my Syncro. Front axle popped out out outer CV and buggered the shaft during a sharp turn. Called the FLAPS (Napa) just to see. YES! Full axle in stock. About 5" too short though. Went to second Napa location thinking it was a fluke. Nope, both of those axles were too short too. Hey, AutoZone has one! Drive over, open the box to make sure. Same short axle too. Should have just started with GW or VC and waited for shipping as the van was still drivable once the axle was removed.

The F in FLAPS no longer means "favorite" to me.

-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I know, I know, opinions and noses...

But this looks like quite a compilation of bad choices...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6183479906.html

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
I know, I know, opinions and noses...

But this looks like quite a compilation of bad choices...

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/6183479906.html

Huh. I don't like the naugahyde brown on the seats but that burnt orange tent is a great colour! The installation's not very good, though...
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 89 of 137

Jump to: