Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
Squidfish wrote:
4Gears4Tires wrote:
For $46,000 I'd expect the engine bay to be detailed as well.

It's crazy to think that not even ten years ago, that would be a $4,600 van.
Current selling price should be $15k IMO.

10 years ago a few cars started rocketing up in price. Look at this e30 m3. 10 years ago $18k would have been a good buy. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-99/ This e30 m3 would have been $12k https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-26/ 10 years ago I bought e30s for $500-800 all day long, a few friends even found m3s for the low thousands.

The auto market is crazy right now. There are enough people that work in the IT field with decent incomes ($100k+ per person), double income no kids/not yet kids, grew up with a nostalgia of the 80s, and value authenticity of experience above all else.

Owning a Vanagon certainly is an experience.

Off the Vanagon topic but:
This is weird since I grew up in the 80s/90s and I remember BMWs being the biggest piles of crap that constantly needed repairs.
My dad had a used BMW in the early 90s and I swear it was being fixed all the time.
A bunch of people at my work (1990s IT field) had them too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Maybe you're remembering oil changes. Laughing I wish Vanagons had the unreliability of 80s BMW.

I don't even want to imagine how much more Vanagons would be worth if they could run 300k miles without an issue and seeing 600k would be neat, but not surprising.
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

Owning a Vanagon certainly is an experience.

bad experiences are still experiences Cool

BiWerks Design, LLC
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

color change paint jobs are such a bitch, right?
Ohh and this beaut is ~$39k
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/tucson-1990-vw-vanagon-westfalia/7223810693.html
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I actually really like the way that looks. Black rockers and then black on all the transitions. I'm surprised they didn't paint the back deck though. I mean, what's one more area?
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
I actually really like the way that looks. Black rockers and then black on all the transitions. I'm surprised they didn't paint the back deck though. I mean, what's one more area?

The blue is a wrap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
revolution337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2426546

price seems very optimistic.
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

revolution337 wrote:

Very optimistic is an understatement. $25k for an very average at best '80 Vangaon?

I will say that the mention of new wiper blades makes my head hurt. Much like saying it has a new headlight bulb. Or 1/2 a tank of gas. That adds nothing to the selling features of the Van. Your $12 purchase you installed in the Napa parking lot does not increase the value $12,000.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
charleslabri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
revolution337 wrote:

Very optimistic is an understatement. $25k for an very average at best '80 Vangaon?

I will say that the mention of new wiper blades makes my head hurt. Much like saying it has a new headlight bulb. Or 1/2 a tank of gas. That adds nothing to the selling features of the Van. Your $12 purchase you installed in the Napa parking lot does not increase the value $12,000.

"updated the shifter"
owner adds a new screw in shifter knob from amazon.cn

My Build Thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=730525&highlight=
garf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Good day I'm looking for a company that sell TDI pump duse engine kit that come with modify engine cover I have seen it before but cant remember there name
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

garf wrote:
Good day I'm looking for a company that sell TDI pump duse engine kit that come with modify engine cover I have seen it before but cant remember there name

Boxeer VW Logo
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

garf wrote:

http://www.foreignautosupply.com/engine-and-drive-...solutions/

No engine lid modification needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
garf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

The company I'm talking about sell other VW engine and transmission and performance parts and there kit the stand at about 15 degree with there own modify lid and its not Boxeer or the other company in Maine
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

There used to be Overland / Eurospec but they went out of business a few years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
garf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks for the info
kassim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hi there, for the last year I hace been trying to find one of those plastic hubcaps for my 85 Vanagon with no luck, so I though I'd ask you for help. I've seen the add

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2148971

But they never replied to my messages. Any help in my search would be appreciated.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^ Do you need it shipped to Madrid? I have a couple laying around here (USA)
but overseas shipping probably not worth it. There has to be some closer to you...

<shrug>

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
kassim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yeah, they have to be shipped to Madrid, but it should not cost that much and I'd pay for it. If they are sent person to person maybe I don't have to pay taxes as they are used parts. The problem is how much it would bother you. Anyway, there is no chance of getting them outside the US (I bought my Vanagon there are shipped it here).
kassim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

... and I only need one (I don't know why I started talking about them, in plural).
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

kassim wrote:
Yeah, they have to be shipped to Madrid, but it should not cost that much and I'd pay for it.

In case you don't know, it will probably cost $25 or so for shipping.
This may not be too much but just so you know since the part is only $10-$15.

I sent him a direct email asking him to contact you if he still has them for sale.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 120 of 137

Jump to: