Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=811872

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=811872

Not a bad price if it includes installation.

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^

just found it funny that he said "obsolete" in one ad and shows photos of new ones, for less money in another ad Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2374566

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Here's an '82 Westy with no engine, shredded seats and seam rust for only $12K

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/710020469687761
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

What the hell happened to those seats!? Shocked
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

VWs ill-fated test with corduroy, or shreduroy... It's odd that their other interior fabrics look great after 30 years but this fabric was dramatically less durable...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=536086

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Hey Jim, that's not corduroy in the '82 on Facebook. If you lookk closely you can see the weave.

Corduroy was '86 and '87 only: you know, like in my van...
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

My '85 had brown corduroy. My Dalmatian at the time tore it up trying to make it "softer."

She tried that routine with EuroVan but that interior stood up to it.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

oasis wrote:
My '85 had brown corduroy. My Dalmatian at the time tore it up trying to make it "softer."

She tried that routine with EuroVan but that interior stood up to it.
Ah yes , what the Dal wants, the Dal gets.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Ours assaults couch pillows and then throws them.... Bad Pillow, Bad.... Razz Razz
Luckily he has NO interest in climbing on any of the Vanagon seats, he's just claimed the center as his, nothing to do with the Rear Bench Seat at all.
Pray Pray
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
Ah yes , what the Dal wants, the Dal gets.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Laughing

That's so funny / true.

Funny thing is that Dal owned the front seat when driving, and she would go to sleep throughout the drive. If left in Vanagon, she guarded it from the center seats (eventually, same condition).

Our current Dal is a nervous Nelly when driving. He patrols all over whatever vehicle he's in unless he's tired, but he never "softens" the car seats.
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Oh, c'mon now...how deep goes the insanity? There is nothing special about this Syncro that makes it worth even half that price.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2476542
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

That is the exact Syncro I want. But uh, that price is not the exact price I want to pay. But if that's the price, I think I have about $47k left to get my van in order. Lol.
sphet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Maybe this Syncro fits your price range? $65,000 canadian:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/vancouver-1991-vw-westfalia-syncro/7331498661.html
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This is 69.50 right?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2477322
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
This is 69.50 right?

$695? I'm speechless. A used throttle body is about $30. I've had trouble giving away plemnums and runners for free. I'm not super sure used rubber boots and Home Depot hose clamps carry a value of $665, but I haven't been watching the market on them lately.
Honestly, if the seller meant $69.50, I think they are still overpriced.

But I hope it sells. I have a ton of dirty old hose clamps in the garage I want to cash in on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
This is 69.50 right?

The item is $6.95, but shipping is $688...

Rolling Eyes

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Blakesinclair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This is the second time I’ve seen this ad pop up.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-72-vw-westfila-bus/7335843489.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davlance01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Called a junkyard for a 094 transaxle.

Used unknown condition...

$950

That's OK, the special wrench is $100 and the bearings are $32.

I'll pass.

Do these people just make prices up as they go or what?

We need a sticky titled: how to price your parts so they actually sell.

Lesson 1: your part is worth less than the machine that built it.
Lesson 2: no part is rare...they sold these vans all over the world.
Lesson 3: your not going to make a living selling your van one piece at a time.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
Hey Jim, that's not corduroy in the '82 on Facebook. If you lookk closely you can see the weave.

Sorry you had the corduroy, hopefully it's worn better than most.

Hmm, it's still amazing how different fabrics wear. The Westy GL fabrics wear like iron. This is what I'm referring to...

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Jake de Villiers wrote:

Sorry you had the corduroy, hopefully it's worn better than most.

Hmm, it's still amazing how different fabrics wear. The Westy GL fabrics wear like iron. This is what I'm referring to...

A couple of pieces of my corduroy are still okay but the front seats are shredded.
I know what you mean about the velour. My '84 has the blue and black houndstooth and it looks great!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 126 of 137

Jump to: