Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shower in T3 Dehler Profi
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conq DP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Shower in T3 Dehler Profi Reply with quote

Hi all!

I`m from Moscow, Russia. I have Dehler Profi, here it is Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

with an interior looks like this official photo:

and it hasn`t shower there... Sad
But recently I found at www.dehler-profi.de another official photos with shower inside the bus!! Shocked Shocked

Like this:

Embarassed
or this:

Where can I buy this shower set (plastic with sink or maybe, tank for water, I`m sorry, I don`t know)?? And how can I install it in my VW?
Please, help me! Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them occasionally on German ebay.

http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=dehler+profi&_...;_osacat=0

You'll just have to search them out.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does your van cost in Russia? Are they all finished like the pictures you posted? That's a busy little van!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GMByers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cong DP,

The Dehler-profi was never imported into the US.

Below is a German website for the Dehler-profi.
http://www.dehler-profi.de/

Also check http://www.vwbusland.de/ The club is having their annual treffen 11-13.06.2010

I actually attended this same Dehler-profi camping event a few years back in my 02 Eurovan. Even though I was not in a profi, they still let me join their camping.

Gary
Conq DP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 all:
Thank for your answers Wink

2 Gary:
I`m afraid, I couldn`t get to this meeting Sad I`m too far...

Simba'sWestyWings wrote:
How much does your van cost in Russia? Are they all finished like the pictures you posted? That's a busy little van!

It is unique bus in Moscow, but I bought it rather cheap - it costs 70.000 russian roubles, it is near 2.400 US dollar
I want to make it camper van, not busy Smile

levi wrote:
I see them occasionally on German ebay.

http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=dehler+profi&_...;_osacat=0

You'll just have to search them out.

Thanks!

Maybe, somebody sells this shower in this or another sites? I couldn`t find... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry "busy" as in a LOT of stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Conq DP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simba'sWestyWings wrote:
sorry "busy" as in a LOT of stuff!

When I bough it, there are not a lot of stuff in the bus interior Sad
There are little cooker, a sink, two sofa-beds, shelf over the beds, little fridge, camper awning and solar battery...

And also I want a shower there Smile
droogvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Profi's are cool and I love those double pane windows. I remember one came up for sale on here a couple years back in I thiink Minnesota. Is it possible that he's the first Vanagon owner on the forum from Russia? Welcome to the madness and please post progress on your van!
DehlerPEB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Dehler Profi T3 Reply with quote

OK,

There have been a couple of different interiour options for the Dehler Profi T3. Based on the fact that they are "Build to Order", so every one of these cars is somehow unique.

A) Shower:
Not all of them have the shower, based on the fact that some owneres decided that a 2nd sink would make more sense. Also, that is quite often good for you, because that normally means less rust in the car...... (To shower in the car is possible, but as always: Water in the car needs to get out, and if you have a not noticed leak the water goes its way ...)

B) Inserting a Shower into the car:
I would recommend against it. First, the rust issue. 2nd, if you have a shower, then you will have a small side-window instead of the large sidewindow without the shower. So, either you completely close the window (--> issue with air circulation, wet air inside ..) or you go through the hazzle to also get a small window or remodel the car to work around this.

Next issue there is, that quite often the shower units that go up for sale have some broken / damaged parts. That is not only prone for the shower units, more for the complete interiour. That is build out of plastics, and the parts that make this plastics flexible dissolve over the years, makeing the parts easy to break or be fragile. Reworking and restoration of these material is doable but cumbersome ...

Also, the picture you posted shows the shower of a 2+2 model. This is visible due to the fact that the door opens to the right -- the normal T3 had the opening to the left.

With all that added hazzle, I'd suggest that you enjoy the "tea kitchen" option. What of course would be an additional option is that you (somehow) get the warm water option that had also a possible option to be ordered). These units are also available from marina suppliers for boats. They either operate on 220V, 12V or by using the engine water to heat up the 10 to 15 liters of water up to 60 degree Celsius. With a modification on the tea sink (the cupboard right behind the drivers seat) you could then get a longer hose and take the shower directly in front of the sliding door. Advantages. Showering outside means no wet air inside Smile

I've re-fitted my 2+2 with a longer hose to shower outside. Means also that my car (interiour) can still be warm inside but not with wet air. So, after Skiing, you take a short showerr outside and get back into the warm, cozy car .... marvelous!!

C) Interiour:
Some of the cars have been only equiped with a "Business Setup", that means the even did not have the 2-stove cooking option. Instead they head there a really huge space for the dishes, (plates, cups ..etc)

In 19901991, the last of the cars where build with 150 Blue-Stars and 50 Whitestars as a basis. They had a slightly different floorplan for the build,

If you have any question on the background / about these cars, feel free to email me. I li'm from Germany and have driven a 1986 Dehler Profi T3 (2.2 Subi Powerplant, LPG Conversion etc. etc .. unfortunately R.I.P after a roll-over) and now have / own a 1991 Dehler T3 Whitestar 2+2.

Regards

peb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drglaubnix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CongDP,

welcome to the Dehler-Owners.
A shower-booth is very hard to get, but anyway you don't want to shower in the Bus,
it is too much humidity, as the VW-busses tend to produce rust all by themselves.
Here is mine (the first pic, no sh..) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehler_Mobilbau

take care
95 PS WBX MV
Build number 1156
Conq DP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

droogvan wrote:
Those Profi's are cool and I love those double pane windows. I remember one came up for sale on here a couple years back in I thiink Minnesota. Is it possible that he's the first Vanagon owner on the forum from Russia? Welcome to the madness and please post progress on your van!

Thanks!
I`m only owner Dehler in Moscow, and I think only Russian Vanagon owner on the forum Smile

2 DehlerPEB

Thank you for great answer Wink
Quote:
some owneres decided that a 2nd sink would make more sense

I`m not in their number exactly Very Happy It`s enough to me one sink, no more
I `m not sorry about wndow... I prefer it shower.
Quote:

Next issue there is, that quite often the shower units that go up for sale have some broken / damaged parts.

I hope, I can find good parts. If they are broken, I can order to make new of plastic, it is not very expensive
Quote:
So, after Skiing, you take a short showerr outside and get back into the warm, cozy car .... marvelous!!

Maybe... But it seems to me, that T2 Westfalia with wood-stuff interior is cosier and warmer than T3 plastic interior. But I couldn`t find T2 camper for sale in Russia...
Quote:

Some of the cars have been only equiped with a "Business Setup", that means the even did not have the 2-stove cooking option. Instead they head there a really huge space for the dishes, (plates, cups ..etc)

Really? I didn`t know it... Why to have huge space for the dishes if haven`t got a stove?? I can`t understand it.
Have you got photos of yours Dehelers? I will be glad to see it

Regards

drglaubnix wrote:
VW-busses tend to produce rust all by themselves

I`m disagree with you. Even in Russia, with our wet and severe climate, T3 buses aren`t produce much rust, if people take care of him.
Conq DP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conq DP wrote:
droogvan wrote:

Thanks!
I`m only owner Dehler in Moscow, and I think only Russian Vanagon owner on the forum Smile

2 DehlerPEB

Thank you for great answer Wink
Quote:
some owneres decided that a 2nd sink would make more sense

I`m not in their number exactly Very Happy It`s enough to me one sink, no more
I `m not sorry about wndow... I prefer it shower.
Quote:

Next issue there is, that quite often the shower units that go up for sale have some broken / damaged parts.

I hope, I can find good parts. If they are broken, I can order to make new of plastic, it is not very expensive
Quote:
So, after Skiing, you take a short showerr outside and get back into the warm, cozy car .... marvelous!!

Maybe... But it seems to me, that T2 Westfalia with wood-stuff interior is cosier and warmer than T3 plastic interior. But I couldn`t find T2 camper for sale in Russia...
Quote:

Really? I didn`t know it... Why to have huge space for the dishes if you haven`t got a stove?? I can`t understand it.
Have you got photos of yours Dehelers? I will be glad to see it

Regards

drglaubnix wrote:
VW-busses tend to produce rust all by themselves

I`m disagree with you. Even in Russia, with our wet and severe climate, T3 buses aren`t produce much rust, if people take care of him.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cong: do they not use salt on your winter roads? I know that cold, severe cold does not rust as quickly, here in Canada and I think northern parts of USA lots of salt is used on our winter roads. In fact Toronto uses a Brine solution pre forecasted snow storms. I wish it wasn't so but its a fact that is not going away in my lifetime.

Glad you are speaking up in here.
westyventures
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMByers wrote:

The Dehler-profi was never imported into the US.

Below is a German website for the Dehler-profi.
http://www.dehler-profi.de/

There were six officially imported into the USA in 1984. I owned one of them for a short time. Mine had the shower unit, very cleverly built interior although the choice of materials wasn't the best for long-term durability. The sink and stove folded away into the side cabinet. Small top-loaded cooler. Rear seat was shifted back a foot from where the normal van seat is, allowing for more floor space, with a removable center seat that folded out to be half of the bed or could be configured as an 'L' or turned around backwards. There was a small table with folding sides that could be used as a card table with built-in cupholders or folded out as a full sized table. Small video screen in the front storage area. Small propane tank and gas heater were nestled above the transmission in a special panel, the area of sheetmetal cut out to accept this. Graywater and freshwater tanks below. 3-foot square sliding skylight! Very cool van. It's now somewhere in the PNW. I located three of the remaining campers while I had mine - one in MN, one in a junkyard in Euegen OR, and another for sale in Oregon. I have a bunch of photos of mine if anyone would like to see them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Crughy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=942566

This one was imported in Canada a couple of years ago.

It's about to get sold if every thing works.

You can see some pics.

Nice other beast here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=937832

JP
levi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that "nice other beast" is just the dehler top, on a westy. I agree that it's a nice beast though. Sure would be nice if that nice beast was sitting in my drive.
gonna see life my way

https://youtu.be/cSrL0BXsO40
ManneBk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conq DP wrote:

Hi Conq, if thats a fact, i got some parts to rebuild for you.

I do own a dehler profi from '83 and got some broken parts. i can supply the original

greetings Manne
fastwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these weren't so rare I'd be all over one
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fastwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these weren't so rare I'd be all over one
drglaubnix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Shower in T3 Dehler Profi Reply with quote

Hi Cong,
there is a front bumper here

<http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-T2-T3-Bus-Stosstange-vorne-Multivan-Whitestar-Dehler-/170488881765?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item27b1ede265>

Have fun
95 PS WBX MV
Build number 1156
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: