Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: coolrydes
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 05, 2020
View user's profile   View user's ads
Author Message
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Horrific service and lack of response Reply with quote

fozzymark wrote:
APRIL , 2014 I ordered the stiffy / kafer bar ,sway bar ,and flop stop from kevin @ mendola we had a reasonable conversation regarding the install and uses of the suspension upgrades , took 2 + weeks to ship my parts now I do live in fl but the mail is here ground in 4-5 days priority = 3 so , receive the parts no instructions for any install were included after multiple phone and e-mail responses I was sent 4 pictures off the site and 1/2 page of connection links as instructions ,
I am not unfamiliar with mechanical issues , but this is a bit sparse . MAY,2014 after installing the mounting tabs according to the (instructions) none of the bars would line up with the upper shock brackets took multiple photos and immediately attempted contact to alleviate this issue 6 days later first response back asking what type car / chassis this is on , now this is a custom trike with welded braces and accessories on a 71 type 1 irs rear but the suspension geometry remains stock... so after sending more photos I was told that my suspension was type 3 imagine my surprise . and that the CORRECT brackets would be sent , JUNE, 2014 after multiple phone and emails was told that first I had to send back the WRONG brackets before they would send out the CORRECT brackets so I posted them and even did the courtesy of sending the tracking # ( wich had never been done for me ) 2 weeks later receive the second brackets immediately attempted install and NOTHING LINES UP for the brackets more photos and even movie of the install and I immediately sent the WRONG brackets back again ......JULY 29, 2014 entire month e-mail and phone attempts at contact have failed kevin will not return any phone call or e-mail from me regarding this issue , so this being a public forum maybe this will finally get a response , no hiding the facts no denial of responsibility FACT I paid for a product that I have not received ,FACT kevin l zagar does not respond .


Mr. Mark butz

I have tried to help you out many times, however over the last few months I have been training new guys, and working out in the shop myself. I do not have someone to answer the phone calls for me, So I rely on people leaving messages. Due to our time difference (you being 3 hours ahead) I have unable to call you when I finally come into my office at the end of the day (usually around 9pm your time or later). I have corresponded with you via email and long phone conversations trying to work out the problems with your trike. At first you sent me pictures from angles that made it look like the upper shock brackets we originally sent you were wrong. We then sent you another style set that you eventually tried to install, they were worse then the first set and you sent us a video that was about as helpful as the bad angle photos. We were able to finally figure out over a phone conversation that the first ones that were sent with the kit were correct. You then sent the second set back as a refused package so that you would not have to pay shipping I'm guessing. I can tell from your write up that you would like to make this look like we were just ignoring you or taking a long time to help you. When in fact I tell everyone when I talk to them our normal lead time is around 5-7 working days to ship an order form the time it is placed. So we can understand where your two weeks is right in line with the way things work currently. You need to also take into account how long from the time a customer receives their parts to the time they actually go to install it varies customer to customer. I've had customers that install the same day and others that take over a year to finally install a part.

As far as parts not lining up lets please make sure the readers understand that your trike has a rear subframe from the torsions back from a type one that has been welded into a tube structure and this can make a 30 year old subframe move considerably. Thus causing things to not line up. We make these parts in a jig, however the reason for the turn buckle type parts is because we know that even in a stock beetle that has not been welded on, the shock towers and frame horns have moved all over the place, that is why they are turn buckles to make them adjustable (another thing I explained to you).

As far as the wrong brackets being sent back, I also told you that as we do not just send out more parts to people, as we know from previous times that people forget to send the others ones back and then were out the cost of the "wrong" and the additional shipping.

As far as instructions, not only do we normally send them with the products, but we also have them posted on our website in the tech section.

As far as the reshipment of the first set of brackets they are on their in the next day or so. Again at our cost of shipping even given the FACT that we were not at FAULT.

So if you can not make it fit, please package up all the parts and return them to us in new condition, and we will be happy to refund your money minus all of the additional shipping we had to do for you.

By the way you only left 2 messages and one email that I am aware of regarding your

"JULY 29, 2014 entire month e-mail and phone attempts at contact have failed kevin will not return any phone call or e-mail from me regarding this issue"

Like the saying goes there are two sides to every story. This was mine while I ate my lunch.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fozzymark
Samba Member


Joined: January 23, 2008
Posts: 22
Location: st. petersburg florida
fozzymark is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the tales we tell to try and cya .... returned home today from a 2 week trip in Europe to find another upper bracket set has finally arrived still no upper shock bolts as mentioned in the add and repeatedly asked for and the pieces that were sent were not painted or powder-coated simply raw steel bead blasted not a quality product .
Kevin, I have copies of all e-mail pertaining to this issue including all the photos and movies that were sent to you. the angles of the shots were not the issue or if they were you never until now mentioned this fact or I would have furnished as many shots / angles as needed / requested and the day that I worry about $5.48 cents to ship a package has not nor will it ever arrive. This is my hobby not my profession I am a very comfortably retired multiple business owner and as such I know bad service .
now having done business with people all over this globe your statement about time management is simply disappointing , your inability to address a subject unless called to the carpet of public forum has been shown .

now then let us address the issues shall we ?

(rear subframe from the torsions back from a type one that has been welded into a tube structure and this can make a 30 year old subframe move considerably. Thus causing things to not line up. We make these parts in a jig, however the reason for the turn buckle type parts is because we know that even in a stock beetle that has not been welded on, the shock towers and frame horns have moved all over the place, that is why they are turn buckles to make them adjustable (another thing I explained to you). )

the welding that was done on the torsion tube and horns did not change the stock geometry as measured against a friends very expensive body off restored beetle by more than 1/2 " so the fact that the adjustable turnbuckles adjusted all the way out ... still missed connecting by more than 2 " in short ...problem . now in the conversations that we have had I told you that I did not care about the cost of the item just wanted a product that worked .
And as for instructions there were none included in shipping and the downloaded instructions from the site show different pictures and bad camera angles .

these are all facts . not made of see through concepts .

in a phone conversation well before this posting I distinctly remember you saying that the welding on the upper shock mount bracket was suspect towards warping said bracket and misaligning the setup and had hoped that this was the problem with the first set of brackets .

And as for contact attempts 2 calls a week for a month and multiple e-mails, I have copies of all sent e-mail the fact that your replies do not contain the original message does not change the sent message and replying this last time from your phone simply illustrates an earlier problem .

Now I will not be waiting a year to attempt to install the latest brackets this will be done 8/13/2014 .

(So if you can not make it fit, please package up all the parts and return them to us in new condition, and we will be happy to refund your money minus all of the additional shipping we had to do for you)

And if they do not fit do not worry I will not
even allow you to adjust my (refund) by the amount of shipping and handling costs I will simply put it in the garbage ...

the whole kit costs less than my last meal out .

in short the whole multi-month struggle to simply get what was supposedly a bolt-in product to work has left a sour taste in my pallet .
_________________
Play Happy
Mark

~ History does not always repeat itself. Sometimes it just yells, "Can't you remember anything I told you?" and lets fly with a club. ~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzymark wrote:
Oh the tales we tell to try and cya .... returned home today from a 2 week trip in Europe to find another upper bracket set has finally arrived still no upper shock bolts as mentioned in the add and repeatedly asked for and the pieces that were sent were not painted or powder-coated simply raw steel bead blasted not a quality product .
Kevin, I have copies of all e-mail pertaining to this issue including all the photos and movies that were sent to you. the angles of the shots were not the issue or if they were you never until now mentioned this fact or I would have furnished as many shots / angles as needed / requested and the day that I worry about $5.48 cents to ship a package has not nor will it ever arrive. This is my hobby not my profession I am a very comfortably retired multiple business owner and as such I know bad service .
now having done business with people all over this globe your statement about time management is simply disappointing , your inability to address a subject unless called to the carpet of public forum has been shown .

now then let us address the issues shall we ?

(rear subframe from the torsions back from a type one that has been welded into a tube structure and this can make a 30 year old subframe move considerably. Thus causing things to not line up. We make these parts in a jig, however the reason for the turn buckle type parts is because we know that even in a stock beetle that has not been welded on, the shock towers and frame horns have moved all over the place, that is why they are turn buckles to make them adjustable (another thing I explained to you). )

the welding that was done on the torsion tube and horns did not change the stock geometry as measured against a friends very expensive body off restored beetle by more than 1/2 " so the fact that the adjustable turnbuckles adjusted all the way out ... still missed connecting by more than 2 " in short ...problem . now in the conversations that we have had I told you that I did not care about the cost of the item just wanted a product that worked .
And as for instructions there were none included in shipping and the downloaded instructions from the site show different pictures and bad camera angles .

these are all facts . not made of see through concepts .

in a phone conversation well before this posting I distinctly remember you saying that the welding on the upper shock mount bracket was suspect towards warping said bracket and misaligning the setup and had hoped that this was the problem with the first set of brackets .

And as for contact attempts 2 calls a week for a month and multiple e-mails, I have copies of all sent e-mail the fact that your replies do not contain the original message does not change the sent message and replying this last time from your phone simply illustrates an earlier problem .

Now I will not be waiting a year to attempt to install the latest brackets this will be done 8/13/2014 .

(So if you can not make it fit, please package up all the parts and return them to us in new condition, and we will be happy to refund your money minus all of the additional shipping we had to do for you)

And if they do not fit do not worry I will not
even allow you to adjust my (refund) by the amount of shipping and handling costs I will simply put it in the garbage ...

the whole kit costs less than my last meal out .

in short the whole multi-month struggle to simply get what was supposedly a bolt-in product to work has left a sour taste in my pallet .


Mark,

While you boast of your wealth, and ability to assemble and build things including a few companies, you still seam to lack some common since. Everyone who know me and what I am willing to do for them, knows I will bend over backwards when treated with the same respect as I give. This also includes the negative respect which I am guessing you are attempting here in your rambling. I will not take the low road of nasty comments like you seam to enjoy.

We've have sold hundreds of these kits and never had anyone have problems like your having (something else I explained to you on the phone). Most everyone has been able to install their kits without even having to call me, but when they do I do my very best to help them through what ever questions they have.

Since I am un-able to help you through your issues and have done as much as I can, the last thing I will offer is a refund minus shipping for the parts if returned in new condition. If you choose not to it is up to you.

Me and my team wish you the best of luck with your project trike and would like to tell you that you are always welcome to contact us in the future if you require any additional advise.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fyrefast
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2008
Posts: 68

fyrefast is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: parts don't fit and poor customer service Reply with quote

I'm not happy with my Mendeola experience. Bought the spring plate retainers, nice parts, but never received the allen bolts to mount them. Bought the "stiffy" kafer bar for my 56 bug. First time I was sent the wrong shock tower brackets. Returned them, at my cost, and received the "correct" brackets, which are pressed to non-matching angles from right side to left side. Also, eyelet brackets for bars to frame horns aren't pressed to an acute enough angle. Front bars are too long to mount to brackets if brackets are installed according to instructions and website pics. Emailed Kevin with problems and pics, no response for 2 weeks. Emailed again and he answered that my problems are "normal" due to shock towers moving with age and that there is "spring back" in the brackets after pressing. He gave me specific instructions on how to install the kit and bend the brackets into shape using the bars and clevises. The procedure was not possible to do on the car, the laws of physics would not allow it. I mocked up the kit, according to his explicit instructions, the best way it could be done and took the time to take detailed photos which were emailed to Kevin with very detailed explanations about the issues. That was a month ago. I have received no reply. So, realizing I wasn't going to get any help form Kevin, I have made several modifications to the parts, thru trial and error and have adapted the kit to work with the car. I don't recommend this kit. But, if you do choose to buy it, please know that it is "100% bolt-on" only in the sense that it doesn't require welding. It doesn't just bolt-up to the car. Be prepared to bend, cut, drill, and grind the supplied brackets to make them work. Also know that you may have to remove and relocate the brake line T bracket which is on the left framehorn and that you will have to alter the trans carrier for clearance of the rear eyelet brackets. And, you can either cut the body to open the access hole for the top shock mounts or further cut down the shock tower brackets to fit thru the stock hole. None of this is mentioned in the advertising. The good news is that because of this and other recent experiences with VW parts suppliers, my fabrication skills are improving. Now I need to learn to weld so I can start building my own parts, parts that fit.
_________________
59 ragtop stocker - stolen by dirtbags
68 ghia resto-custom - sold to Lenny
63 ragtop resto-custom - sold to Richard
56 ragtop resto-custom - under construction
07 modded GTI - daily
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Fyrefast

While I am very sorry for your issues, I did not see a second email from you or I would have gladly responded.

As I explained in detail, from our experience we have noticed each car is a little different is how the frame horns and shock towers have moved and fatigued through the life of the car. I am really sorry that you had so many issues. Also if the bolts were not in the box when you got it you should have told us, we would gladly have replaced them. If you would like to email me the total cost of the shipping and bolts you had to purchase, I will send you the funds to cover them.

In the future please try a little harder to contact us and we will do everything we can to correct the problem or simply refund your money and take the parts back.

Life is too short.
Kevin "CoolRydes" Zagar
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
u171
Samba Member


Joined: November 23, 2009
Posts: 3
Location: France
u171 is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Warning, very bad seller!
I bought 3 month ago mendeola parts. Today i have nothing and no news after 2 e-mails.
It's a very bad seller !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

U171, must be a reference to a German submarine.

We have been in constant contact with you. We have proof that you have already received 2 of the four packages shipped to you to fill your order. You opted for the lowest cost way to ship and thus there was a problem with your shipment. We agree that your order was originally delayed due to an inventory issue. We have offered a full refund if you wanted to return the portion of your order that you had already received, you declined as your customer wanted to complete the order. We can post proof of delivery and copies of our correspondence.

You have threatened to give us bad feedback in our emails in the past and now this. If you think trying to torpedo us is a good choice, you are wrong. We have a testimonial forum on our website from many customers that are very happy with the service and quality of our products. We work very hard to manufacture high quality products and even harder at our customer service and support.

At this point you have two choices. 1) you can return the products you have already received for a full refund. All items must be in the same new condition as they were when received.
2) you will retract your comments on here and anywhere else you may have posted followed by a public statement of retraction. We will then be more then happy to re-ship the items that US POSTAL service returned to us by mistake.

While we understand that we are not perfect, we have done everything within our control to give you the best service possible.

Sincerely the team at CoolRydes Customs
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 1209
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
U171, must be a reference to a German submarine.


You have threatened to give us bad feedback in our emails in the past and now this. If you think trying to torpedo us is a good choice, you are wrong.


2) you will retract your comments on here and anywhere else you may have posted followed by a public statement of retraction. We will Shocked then Shocked be more then happy to re-ship the items that US POSTAL service returned to us by mistake.

While we understand that we are not perfect, we have done everything within our control to give you the best service possible.

Sincerely the team at CoolRydes Customs


So your holding the product the guy paid for hostage because someone is unhappy they haven't received what they paid for?

that's some top notch service Rolling Eyes

I would imagine you wouldn't have the problem of someone posting negatively IF YOU ACTUALLY MADE SURE THEY GOT WHAT THEY PAID YOU FOR

right up there with the spring plate guy.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 1209
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
1) you can return the products you have already received for a full refund. All items must be in the same new condition as they were when received.

While we understand that we are not perfect, we have done everything within our control to give you the best service possible.

Sincerely the team at CoolRydes Customs


WTF, telling the guy to send part of his order back FROM FRANCE! and have to pay all that shipping in a hope that you'll refund??

You gonna hold his "refund" hostage too if he doesn't retract his feedback??


Sad part is I've been saving up my pennies to purchase one of your suspensions. Starting to feel my toy fund will be better spent elsewhere. The kind of responces I'm seeing you give to buyer's issues chase me away from risking my funds now....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

So vw innovator,

You would allow someone to slander your company name for no reason. We have been working with the guy from France and now he post up negative feedback because he can not fully understand correctly.

Let me ask you what you would do I our shoes? Remember once we send his final parts again at cost to us, we will have no recourse
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member


Joined: May 28, 2008
Posts: 3620
Location: Five Cities, CA
easy e is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Shipping screw up, right?
Label screw up?
Post Office screw up? (You said they returned them by mistake)

If the former, sounds like you screwed up on two of four labels & should get it back on it's way to him. Since two of the packages made it, sounds like you had the right address.

If the latter, the postal service should be sending it again.
Either way... not the buyer's problem.

Since the buyer apparently provided correct shipping info, it's not on him.
Sounds like if using the most expensive... or least expensive, shipping method, would have resulted in the same thing... returned for some sort of mistake.

Send him his stuff... even if it's the Post Office's fault & they won't do the right thing.

You can't control his complaining & trying to manipulate him is preposterous.
Do the right thing (promptly) & graciously request he remove undesired text.

Crap like this is what drives potential customers away. Suck it up this time, then decide that you are not too busy for people...communication (email/phone) are key to you selling your wares. Neglect them and this patten will continue... potential customers (like me) will read this thread & just decide it's not worth it. Testimonials on a web page you control (can edit/delete) aren't worth a fraction of this thread.
_________________
aka: Evan
Spreadsheet for Bus RPM, based on gearing & tire size (Excel format)
Searchable, click-navigable 1958 Bus Parts List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rana391
Samba Member


Joined: August 24, 2011
Posts: 10
Location: Australia
rana391 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

Kevin,,,,


Same sh*t different day huh?

I am still waiting for my promised refund. I have lost count of how many times you have promised to pay me the money you owe me after not shipping me all my parts. When was the last promise? 2013 I think..for parts ordered in 2011?

Read through your feedback...seems to be a pattern here doesn't there?

I'll wait for your abusive response (as usual).

Remember Kevin, I have all your emails right here.

Clive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator


Joined: April 11, 2000
Posts: 64206
Location: Phoenix, AZ
EverettB is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

For reference:
rana391 posted his feedback here in another thread and did not repost in this thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=484542

This is a long time for something to not be resolved.
_________________
How to Post Photos
Everett Barnes - [email protected] | My wanted ads
"Water is the only drink for a wise man" | "Communication prevents complaints"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

rana391 wrote:
Kevin,,,,


Same sh*t different day huh?

I am still waiting for my promised refund. I have lost count of how many times you have promised to pay me the money you owe me after not shipping me all my parts. When was the last promise? 2013 I think..for parts ordered in 2011?

Read through your feedback...seems to be a pattern here doesn't there?

I'll wait for your abusive response (as usual).

Remember Kevin, I have all your emails right here.

Clive


Clive,

I am sorry about this. I gave your info repeatedly to the accounting department at Mendeola when they owned the business for them to issues you a refund. If you give me a paypal account number or banking info I will personally pay you, even given the fact this was a debt owned by Mendeola and not CoolRydes Customs. I have settled a couple other debts that were not mine to make sure I keep my word and good name for doing what I say I'll do. I bought the rights to Mendeola Suspension back in the end of 2012.
Please PM me your info as I do not have any of the old financial records from Mendeola. If you would be kind enough once you have received the funds back to place a comment on here say that I took care of the debt, I would appreciate it as a way to clear my name as a good man.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
Shipping screw up, right?
Label screw up?
Post Office screw up? (You said they returned them by mistake)

If the former, sounds like you screwed up on two of four labels & should get it back on it's way to him. Since two of the packages made it, sounds like you had the right address.

If the latter, the postal service should be sending it again.
Either way... not the buyer's problem.

Since the buyer apparently provided correct shipping info, it's not on him.
Sounds like if using the most expensive... or least expensive, shipping method, would have resulted in the same thing... returned for some sort of mistake.

Send him his stuff... even if it's the Post Office's fault & they won't do the right thing.

You can't control his complaining & trying to manipulate him is preposterous.
Do the right thing (promptly) & graciously request he remove undesired text.

Crap like this is what drives potential customers away. Suck it up this time, then decide that you are not too busy for people...communication (email/phone) are key to you selling your wares. Neglect them and this patten will continue... potential customers (like me) will read this thread & just decide it's not worth it. Testimonials on a web page you control (can edit/delete) aren't worth a fraction of this thread.


Eazy e,

CoolRydes Customs is an upstanding company that does what they promise and will bend over backwards to make things right. I have no problem pay to reship the items again, nor do I have a problem giving the customer a full refund including return shipping charges. I do have a problem with a client that wants to trash our company after us being in contact with him and working on correcting the problem. I have a problem with the client flat lying that they had received nothing, when in fact they did receive almost all of the suspension kit they ordered. Two of the 4 boxes were returned to us for un-known reasons. The US postal service is not 100% reliable when using them to ship, and no one ever knows the exact reason why things happen when asked. The bulkhead and the front spindles were returned to us, as this kit was shipped in pcs. to save on shipping a complete assembled front suspension via freight in a crate. When we ship freight, in a crate this does not happen.

So CoolRydes Customs stands with our offer publicly of two options for this client.

1) retracted the negative statements on here and we will pay to have these parts re-shipped.

2) return the parts already received for a full refund including shipping charges.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

We have been in constant contact with Borris. He chose to ship US POSTAL due to the cost of shipping to France. I shipped three boxes containing all of the parts he ordered on November 11th. Two boxes cleared Customs in France on December 3rd, one box was returned to us on December 22nd. One of the two boxes was delivered to him on shortly after clearing customs. The other one was not delivered until January 12th (2 months after shipping).
I tried to work with him on how to re-ship the one that came back. All he would do his try and bully, us by threats of posting bad feed back. I would have no problem paying a second time to send his package to him. However after his rude attitude for over a month and his unwilling behavior to try and work together, I have asked for the parts he has back. I am willing to refund all of his money including paying to ship the parts he has back to us. I have offered 400 usd as a budget to ship the parts back. I will pay all of this with in 48 hours from all of the parts being returned in the same condition I sent them in.
At this point I do not wish to do any business with him for any amount of money.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member


Joined: May 28, 2008
Posts: 3620
Location: Five Cities, CA
easy e is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
one box was returned to us
Why?
_________________
aka: Evan
Spreadsheet for Bus RPM, based on gearing & tire size (Excel format)
Searchable, click-navigable 1958 Bus Parts List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member


Joined: May 19, 2004
Posts: 1557
Location: San Diego
coolrydes is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

US Postal could not tell us why they returned it. The person at the post office we went and talked to directly said they could not tell why, the notes on the box were inconclusive.
_________________
Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fyrefast
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2008
Posts: 68

fyrefast is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

I decided to give Kevin and Coolrydes another chance, and ordered a "flop stop" tranny mid-mount (mostly because I wanted a bolt on tranny mid-mount and I couldn't find another one available that will fit an oval's pan with a later full-synchro trans installed). Kevin recognized my name and graciously decided to cover the shipping charges on the part as an act of good will due the problems I had with the "stuffy" kafer bar kit (earlier feedback post). He shipped it in a reasonable amount of time and it arrived at my door today. It is a very well made part, good welds and nice powder coat. It installed easily and looks great. I'm sure that it will serve it's intended purpose nicely. I also have the Mendeola spring plate retainers installed. They are very sturdy and look like jewelry.
_________________
59 ragtop stocker - stolen by dirtbags
68 ghia resto-custom - sold to Lenny
63 ragtop resto-custom - sold to Richard
56 ragtop resto-custom - under construction
07 modded GTI - daily
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
u171
Samba Member


Joined: November 23, 2009
Posts: 3
Location: France
u171 is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: coolrydes - [email protected] - Mendeola Suspension Reply with quote

I acted pre-maturely accusing Kevin Zagar and CoolRydes Customs of doing bad business. I would like to retract my comments at this time, as they have been trying to fix the problem with our shipment. I was angry and did not understand the CoolRydes Customs was not at fault for the delayed shipment, it was actually caused by the US Postal service. My anger and unwillingness to try and work out the issues caused the further delay of the missing portion of my order. CoolRydes Customs / Kevin Zagar and I have reached an agreement to have the final parts shipped which will fulfill my order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB