Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need answer fast: Rabbit rims - Can I use these? 195/65/R15
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WHITEWESTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Need answer fast: Rabbit rims - Can I use these? 195/65/R15 Reply with quote

I found a nice set of rims, tires, hubcaps on Craigslist for $150. Don't really need 'em since i just bought S.O rims and Nokians but thought, for 150, I could use one for a spare (now using a 14" spare) Is 196 too narrow?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/1652991793.html

They were removed from a VW Rabbit. Pitch is 112, so fit is no problem, i think. May head over this morning. Thanks!
PaulGinAZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offset of late-model MkV vehicles (Rabbit, GTI and Jetta from 1005.5-2009) is in the 50-54mm range so they might be more than a bit tight without some sort of spacer. The other challenge here is the load rating on the tire; that also might not make them the best choice for a Vanagon.
-2014 Silverado 1500 High Country
-2010 BMW X5 3.0 Sport (wifes)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WHITEWESTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I forgot about the spacer thing. I should have know that one, since i have read the tire sticky - but saw nothing about the Wabbit rims. Thanks for the quick heads-up.
SockMonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you asked them what the offset is? I dont know, but someone here might. Other then that you may have to increase the center bore's diameter to 66.7mm if is not already to fit the vanagon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: