Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Chip
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
der58SC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

bought a set of lights for my 66 bus. Chip was great with communicating and asking me questions so he could make sure I got what I needed. Even answered some questions I had since I was going to all LED lights.

I am very happy with my purchase and the way Chip communicated with me.

KCCO!!

Strictly Vintage 2s
62beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Can’t recommend Chip highly enough! The LED lights upgrade for my ‘60 look amazing! Can certainly be seen now! Only wish I’d gone for the flasher option! Chips communication was A1, everything was handled brilliantly, postage to the U.K. was reasonably priced! Thanks Chip👍

Previous:
1970 Westy (US Import)
1968 Bug (OG UK Car)
1967 Bug (OG UK Car)
1964 Notch (Swedish Import)
1957 Oval (Swedish Import)
1982 T25 Devon
1962 Bug (OG UK car)
1974 Bug
1972 Baja
1967 Bug (1st ever Car)
velolev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

I ordered and received the 62-67 tail light LED set. They were packaged well and arrived in great condition. The workmanship is superb for a hand made item. My car has a bit of a wiring issue at the moment with some bad grounds and a short somewhere causing issues with the headlights, turn signals and parking lights. Once I have that worked out I will install these new LED lights and return to update the feedback.

Also I ordered these right before leaving for a week long road trip and Chip accommodated my request to hold the parts a short while until we could return so they wouldn't get left on our porch.

Thanks again!

Lev

Betty -- August 1965 Type I
Pearl White
1600cc 12V
velolev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

velolev wrote:
I ordered and received the 62-67 tail light LED set. They were packaged well and arrived in great condition. The workmanship is superb for a hand made item. My car has a bit of a wiring issue at the moment with some bad grounds and a short somewhere causing issues with the headlights, turn signals and parking lights. Once I have that worked out I will install these new LED lights and return to update the feedback.

Also I ordered these right before leaving for a week long road trip and Chip accommodated my request to hold the parts a short while until we could return so they wouldn't get left on our porch.

Thanks again!

Lev

I figured out the problem with my electrical system. My High-Low relay wasn't working properly and one of the leads going to it was shorted on the post to which it was mounted. New relay and cleaned up connections all around and everything works!

I installed Chip's lights after that and they work just fine. I did have to modify my aftermarket euro taillight lenses as they had a thick plastic divider between the turn and brake/park sections. I did this with the plastic cutting disks on my Dremel tool. The metal insert still fills the void so there is no light bleed. These lights are SUPER BRIGHT compared to the incandescent bulbs. I highly recommend these over the inexpensive replacement bulbs as filling the entire space with light really makes a difference in how bright they look.

Betty -- August 1965 Type I
Pearl White
1600cc 12V
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Highly recommended Seller. I purchased a set of tail lights and flasher from Chip and unfortunately, with my custom setup, I wasn't able to get them to fully functional. I contacted Chip, who offered to consult with me on the phone to try and resolve my issues. My available time to work on my car was limited and I decided to set the lights aside to try again another day/year.

I didn't request any return or refund from Chip as these items were "built to order" but without hesitation Chip offered (and I accepted) a full refund. As a true sign of his character (I've never met Chip), Chip has already refunded my full payment and I haven't event sent the tail light back yet.

When I'm ready to try this again, I will re-order these units and consult with Chip during the installation.

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
https://manxclub.com/forum/app.php/gallery/album/44
Mbarbary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Excellent seller fast communication highly recommended
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rc536
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Just put Chip's LEDs on my 1959 Beetle daily driver last week. I feel that much safer driving here in the Los Angeles area during the day. People can finally see me stopping! Chip's product, communication and fast shipping are exceptional. I will be recommending Chip's products to all of my VW friends.
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Chip sent me a pair of the 6 volt brake lights and they were in the car in under one hour. Easy install, good instructions. He even threw in a dash directional LED light. First time that buggers' been working in 20 years.
Thanks Chip

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AppomattoxVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Just purchased and installed a set (w/ 6 volt flasher) on my '56. Great quality product. Hardest part for me was getting the reflector off the lenses. Brilliant LED brightness. Chip was quick to respond to questions. The photos below don't do them justice. LED on right, original 6 volt bulb on left.
And yes I know I misspelled tail light!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'73 Super Beetle
'77 Super Beetle Convertable
'82 Quantum TD
'85 Vanagon
'91 Jetta Carat
'93 Eurovan (2)
'99 Jetta
'03 Passat (gave to son with 190,000 miles)
'13 Touareg
'19 Tiguan
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

I've bought two different sets of LED lights for buses from Chip...awesome communication, awesome product, and fast shipping!

buy with confidence.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Bought a set of LED taillights from Chip.
Instructions=PERFECT- product=PERFECT

This solved my ground issues that came up time to time, and gave me bright taillights.

Can't ask for more
Thanks Chip
Oh, and also buy the flasher w the kit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Thanks Chip. Great doing business with you!
Fishynos72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Chip B - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Couldn't be happier with Chip.

Answered all my stupid questions, provided many product options and well priced tracked shipping.

The product was high quality and very easy to install.

Top bloke, selling top stuff.

1972 1302
1973 type2a
1957 type11
2005 Caddy panel van
2006 Golf R32
sunnysamba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Pleasure to work with. Quick replies, polite, high quality product, and accurate shipping ETA which seems to be impossible with every other vendor. Highly recommend.
Mr. Tecism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄NUMBER 1 ALL THE WAY▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Chip is a great guy. Great product. Much brighter lights.
santacruzxxx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

Bought a set of LED lights. Great guy to deal with. Highly recommended.
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

I bought a set of LED taillights from Chip years and years ago. Recently I have had some issues with brightness. Chip has been nice enough to still stand behind his product and answer my questions on how to fix the problem- and it's not his lights that are the issue. Thanks Chip and by the way, the turn signal light for the speedometer works fantastic!

John

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
BRANDEN HOY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

How many sets of tail lights is it now Chip? 5…6…7? Not sure and it really doesn’t even matter. Chip’s LEDs will continue to go in every car I own and every customer car that I can convince to use them. What a great service he offers. Fast communication and always happy to help with my questions… even my crazy one off stuff. What a great human.

As always Chip, great doing business with you once again!
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Chip - [email protected] - Chip Birks Reply with quote

This is my third set of tail lights. One in every bug now. High quality. Great guy. Thanks Chip.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: