Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Simon Rye - [email protected] - Campmobile70
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: simonvwt2
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 07, 2018
weser999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Simon Rye - [email protected] - Campmobile70 Reply with quote

First of all Simon's a really nice guy, and it's been great doing business with him!

We bought a 1972 camper off him. He was happy for us to go down and view the camper twice before we bought, and took the time to start cleaning it up for us. He's also given us lots of advice about the camper, offered us other little bits if we wanted them (i.e. lino).

When we got the bus back we put it through an UK MOT and it only failed on a rear number plate light and washers not being pumped up. So very Happy!

The Bus is now fully registered in the UK and this was done easily Simon provided all the documents needed from his side!

It was a really good transaction, no problems at all. We'd definitely do business with him again, and would go to him with any camper related queries or requests.

An all round good seller and great guy.

[email protected]
[email protected] - previous email address
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Andy & Maddies Westy Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
great news that the bus went straight through the MOT test and it is now registered with age related plates, I will get the hammock that I forgot to give to you with the bus sent to you by UPS, you will have to e-mail me you address details as I have mislayed them. Hope you have lots of fun in your VW camper, I'd love to see some pictures when its repainted. Nice doing business with you both

Regards

Simon Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
momandpops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Bought a Bus from me in Sacramento, California Reply with quote

Simon is a class act guy that pays quickly and very responsive to emails even due to the big time zone difference. He is not shy to picking up his phone and calling oversea to strike a deal. Buyers and Sellers dealing with Simon should have no worries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camper girl 2010
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: [email protected] buses Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi, my husband and I are new to the V-Dub world,and just bought a lovely USA import bus from Simon,it is an early bay we have named her LILLY, he was really helpfull and made the deal come together very easily, agreeing to us viewing the bus in the evening and letting us take up more than two hours of his time, cannot wait to get her home and go camping, no more tents from now on...lol. Laughing Thanks once again, if any of our friends want a VW camper we will be sending them to sunny Southend.

Best wishes, Camper girl 2010. Laughing
woodslat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell and ship frequently to the UK, Simon is among the best when it comes to communication, honesty, and quick payment.

-eric

NorCal Relics
nicky lomeli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: westfalia nite dash lamp Reply with quote

simon is a stand up guy....very nice westfalia accsessorys,will do business with simon anytime....thanks simon..nicky7374...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: nicky 7374, Westy parts!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Nicky,
I'm glad you are happy with the Westy parts I sent you, I may have some more nice parts next week, I will let you have first offer on a NOS Deluxe clock. Great dealing with you.

Regards

Simon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
slammedresto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got some westy spares and some real nice overrider for my bay from simon, stand up guy, good to deal with

F1 and Motorsport memorabilia
www.finallap.net

Click to view image
mikeandkim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - USA import Early Bay Westy Reply with quote

hi all kim & I travelled from Cardiff to Southend on Sea to view a 1971 Westy however, to mine and Simon's (0wner) surprise the wife (bANK manager) fell in love with the 1976 Westy!

Throughout the transition of purchase Simon was very helpful, reliable and true to his word. I drove FRANKIE from Southend on Sea to Cardiff approimately 200,00 miles with no problems at all. Frankie is adjusting to the Welsh acsent and has settled in well.

We are planning a trip to Europe with are foster children Thanks Simon we will keep in touch,

Cheers
Mike & Kim
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Mike & Kims ,Super clean original '76 Westy Reply with quote

Good to hear you had a trouble free trip back to Wales in your new bus, you should'nt have any problems with that bus, it is the best one I have ever owned. Mike if you e-mail me your address I found a small panel clip from the rear hatch panel, would'nt want you to replace it with a un-original one!
Pleasure doing business with you both, get in contact if you need any parts or help.

All the best.

Simon Very Happy
moulsons
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to deal with a genuine guy, very helpful and enthusiastic. will not hesitate to do business with Simon again.
bigbulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a repop Westfalia table fixing plate from Simon, fits and works perfectly (fits the original table leg and screw holes perfectly). Great copy of original, good communication, highly recommended.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
willem1138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: sold my bus to simon, how smooth!! Reply with quote

This was a total hassle free and smooth transaction, thanks again Simon. Very nice to be able to trust someone overseas and not have to deal with import trouble on the UK side of the pond. Will happily sell you another nice westy if I find one! I'm sure I will, there's a couple left here and there but LA has dried up hahaha. People, you can trust this man here, buyer or seller!
Will.
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Bus from Willem1138 from LA,USA Reply with quote

Thanks Will, It was a pleasure doing business with you, great Bus,and you are one of the best guys to deal with, any UK buyer will have no problems with dealing with you, happy to be a referance for you anytime! Smile

Keep your eyes peeled for me!!! Smile
Birdola
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: 72 Westy Campmobile Reply with quote

I have just purchased a '72 Californian Westy from Simon and found the whole experience to be great.

The bus is beautiful and with a bit of paintwork over the winter will be turning a few heads next summer. You won't find a British bus in anything like the condition that Simon can provide and I can't get my kids out of it!

Simon is very trustworthy. His word is his bond and you can buy from him with confidence. Throughout the whole purchasing process, Simon was extremely helpful, organising an MOT for the bus so I could drive it home to Norfolk and even arranged for one of his friends to retrim the front seats. Incidentally, the bus failed the MOT on minor points like lights, washers and brake pipes and cost less than £40 in parts to put right - not bad for a 40 year old bus.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Simon and am happy to provide a reference to any prospective customers - feel free to PM me, or get my number from Simon.

I somehow feel that this isn't the last thing I'll be buying from Simon....

Matt
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Matt's '72 Westy. Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Matt, glad you are happy with the Bus, and you had a safe trip home, hope your son has recovered from his first trip in a LHD Bus!?! Rolling Eyes
I will get that number for you for the guy that does the paintwork, speak soon.

thanks

-simon Smile
wood rot guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Thank you for the beautiful tap.......... Reply with quote

Excellent comunicator, first rate guy........... thanx again Simon..... facebook/ericmcmillian
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Westy tap Reply with quote

Hi Eric,
Great news it arrived and you are happy with your part, sorry for the delay, I hope it looks good in your SO42.

thanks

simon Smile
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon is brilliant to deal with. Super easy transaction and the parts while NOS looked brand new. Would buy from Simon again without hesitation.

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
simonvwt2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: NOS Please pass sign. Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice coments, it is a pleasure doing business with you guys overseas, I glad you are happy with your sign. A1 transaction Very Happy

Facebook Bus parts
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: