Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

75 Passenger Seat
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIOMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: 75 Passenger Seat Reply with quote

I'm considering removing the seats the previous owners put in my bus and going back to my original seats instead:

Driver

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Passenger

A friend of mine told me that the passenger seat on 1975 buses is unique for the year. He took a look at my rails and said that I was missing a part that goes from one side of the rails to the other.

If anyone here has a 75 and can take a photo of the bottom of the seats and the rails, or how the passenger seat is mounted, I'd greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by RIOMX on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BellePlaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1975 Riviera. I might be hard to see, but this is the a pic of the passenger seat pedestal. There are two brackets on the base which the seat locks into and a clip on the bulkhead which attaches to the backrest.

Here's some more pix.

This seat is for sale, by the way.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=931753

Whether you are a novice or know your way around an ACVW, a day with Amskeptic is money well spent. My mechanical ability/knowledge/bus is always better after Colin visits.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/memberlist.php
RIOMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - thanks a lot. I may actually be fine then. Your rails look just like mine and i have the piece on the firewall too
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have those seats reversed in your pics, the passenger side is the one that clips into the brackets on the Bus, and the driver's side is the one with the lever that you can move back and forth. Nothing at all special about the '75 seat rails, or seats for that matter. You could use any pair of seats from 68-75 without trouble in your Bus. In my '74 I found an earlier set of lowbacks in perfect shape and put them in and replaced the worn seats that were in it.
a measurement of your rod would be extremely useful.

notchboy wrote:
my dad wasnt a belittling cock when he tought me how to wrench on cars.

EverettB wrote:
One photo = good for reference.
10 photos = douchebaggery
RIOMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VDubTech wrote:
You have those seats reversed in your pics, the passenger side is the one that clips into the brackets on the Bus, and the driver's side is the one with the lever that you can move back and forth. Nothing at all special about the '75 seat rails, or seats for that matter. You could use any pair of seats from 68-75 without trouble in your Bus. In my '74 I found an earlier set of lowbacks in perfect shape and put them in and replaced the worn seats that were in it.

Just realized that after seeing the mark on the upper seat. My wife's not gonna be too happy knowing she's gonna have the crappy seat Laughing
BellePlaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIOMX wrote:
VDubTech wrote:

Just realized that after seeing the mark on the upper seat. My wife's not gonna be too happy knowing she's gonna have the crappy seat Laughing

Did I mention that my passenger seat is for sale? And has been freshly repadded? Cool Always repair the wife's seat first.

Whether you are a novice or know your way around an ACVW, a day with Amskeptic is money well spent. My mechanical ability/knowledge/bus is always better after Colin visits.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/memberlist.php
RIOMX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BellePlaine wrote:
Did I mention that my passenger seat is for sale? And has been freshly repadded? Cool Always repair the wife's seat first.

Ha! You're in Minnesota and it looks like your seat doesn't have a headrest.

Thanks, but I'm going to try and work with this one. Hopefully I can fix the sag.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: