Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CLK wheels
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

True that is why I have five of them on my Syncro. I need another five for winter rubber. Smile
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

4 set on charlotte CL for $300. No pics but they are the 98-00 CLK's.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/wto/d/mercedes-wheels-tires-16in-oem/6664068822.html
adhundale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Just fyi that I saw a set of four CLK's on craigslist in Connecticut for $600 (not mine, not recommending, I just happened to see this ad);

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/wto/d/mercedes-clk-16-lightweight/6657106141.html

I also was pleasantly surprised to find that Christopher at T3 Technique has center caps back in stock! Just placed my order. Many thanks to Chris for his guidance in fitting CLK's on my westie last year.

Anil
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Does anyone have any problems with their wheels being too far out (front) and throwing dirt/grime all over the van? I have 10mm spacer in front/back. I thought mud flaps in front would help but it did not. Even on a sunny day on pavement, I get dirt thrown all over the side of the van, including the windows.

Nevermind.

Last edited by shagginwagon83 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bobbyblack on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
Brandon,

Complications complications complications.... [not discouragement about relief for your particular case]

I haven't read back through your threads, or comments to find out what width tires you chose

I also note that this thread, as has been previously remarked directly to you, is regarding the CLK wheels from the 98-00 CLK, and you have chosen otherwise, and not to rain on your parade, but I have to ask to what end you are continuing to bring your information or questions into this thread? It seems like the first couple of mentions that your wheels were not the ones being discussed here would have been enough.

Again, not being unfriendly, as I like reading your posts, and you seem to be a decent person. Just one more hint, there are some boundaries in place.

Kind regards,

-bobby

The rims are not really related to the question. My bad. I'll just create a new thread.
Italjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Jim Hunter wrote:
Italjohn wrote:
Finally I found some nice and cheap center caps for my Mercedes rims.
Links to the caps and VW stickers in the decription in the video.

Link

These caps looks great Italjohn !!!

Thanks for sharing your findings , but we need to see them mounted on the car as well!!!

Jim

Better late then never Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Not exactly CLK wheels...but what's anyone's opinion on these?
I'm thinking about swapping my cheap 17" alloys from my Vanagon to my A4...and putting these on the Van (it's lowered anyways..sorry!) :
Not CLK wheels...but, kind of a cool option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-Of-4-MERCEDES-BENZ-ME...1438.l2649

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Bub wrote:
Not exactly CLK wheels...but what's anyone's opinion on these?
I'm thinking about swapping my cheap 17" alloys from my Vanagon to my A4...and putting these on the Van (it's lowered anyways..sorry!) :
Not CLK wheels...but, kind of a cool option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-Of-4-MERCEDES-BENZ-ME...1438.l2649

The 50mm ET on those is going to pose some problems... I'd keep looking myself.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

The 50mm ET on those is going to pose some problems... I'd keep looking myself.[/quote]

My current setup is 17x7” et 43, and those are 17x6; and I still have 3/4” to spare between the wheel and slider.
Are people running CLK wheels generally with no spacers at all? I could run a 7-10mm spacer with those no problem.
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Sub'd, looking for a set of the forgies...
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

I bought 2 locally for $75. Need more!
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:

Wow nice bro. Well, I suppose if money were no object, there are about 3 sets on eBay as we speak...
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Vnyd Dog wrote:
shagginwagon83 wrote:

Wow nice bro. Well, I suppose if money were no object, there are about 3 sets on eBay as we speak...

I saw a set locally for $400. There is also a 1985 running BMW running these CLK's for $600. I would be tempted if it was closer.
katzenjammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

3 of them in Orange County:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/wto/d/seal-beach-vanagon-syncro-clk-16-rims/6794169918.html
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

Yes, he is one of the CLK wheel flippers just talked about. Lots of that kind of thing going on, not just with wheels.

Mark
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
Yes, he is one of the CLK wheel flippers just talked about. Lots of that kind of thing going on, not just with wheels.

Mark

Reputable? Since they're advertised for the Van wonder if that means they're bored already.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

"Bored"? All you have to do is drill out the lug holes and use the right hardware (t3technique.com, yo!) , the hub clears on its own, part of what makes these a great choice.
Vnyd Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
"Bored"? All you have to do is drill out the lug holes and use the right hardware (t3technique.com, yo!) , the hub clears on its own, part of what makes these a great choice.

Yeah man, "bored" and "Drill out the lug holes" = same thing. I meant if the lug holes had been "over-bored".
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: CLK wheels Reply with quote

ok, just making sure, as most of the other merc wheels have to have the center hole bored for hub clearance. Good hunting!

Tips that are posted earlier in the thread- make sure you search for Mercedes wheels without the CLK filter (how I found mine) and whole wrecked cars, that's where I've seen them locally since.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Jump to:
Page 53 of 66

Jump to: