Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

San Francisco Buggy Shops?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
manxdavid
Samba Member

Location: David Jones, Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Manxclub #678.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: San Francisco Buggy Shops? Reply with quote

I'll be visiting San Francisco in November and was wondering if there are any Buggy/VW shops in the area I could visit.I'm not after much really but a few souveniers would be nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the Buggy House in Hayward. It was originally a Meyers Manx dealer called Allison Enterprises in the late sixties. Jack Allison sold it to the guys who relocated their existing Buggy House business(which was further south on Mission Blvd.) into the premises. Its been sold to new owners several times, most recently to the current owners about a year ago. Really only the building is the same.

Sadly the oldest shop, the original Bugformance of Sunnyvale, which had been in business in the same location since 1968, closed in January. There was also Donsco, a shop in Belmont which had been there since the sixties, but it closed a few years ago.

The Bugformance in Sacramento which puts on the Bugorama is one of the largest air cooled VW shops around and worth a visit even an hour and a half from SF.

CB Performance is about 4 hours from San Francisco. It goes back to the 60s as Claude's Buggies. Dave Barrett's Manx Chassis shop is nearby it.

I'll meet up and get together with you when you're out here.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: