Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dometic drainage screw stuck!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runamok81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Dometic drainage screw stuck! Reply with quote

I can't get my dometic fridge to light on propane yet. So, I'm following the advice on these pages.

http://www.vanagonauts.com/toto/Rebuild1/Refrigerator-Madness228.htm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=288838

I'm going for the easy fixes first. Like shop-vac'ing the outside flue vent, and blowing into the drainage tube. One problem...

I cant get this screw loose!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is it supposed to be that difficult to unscrew? You can see in the photo that I've banged it all to heck, and it is not budging. It can't be that hard to remove right?
Mad
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but I don't think banging a screw is going to help. Perhaps soaking it in a rust reducer or another kind of lubricant?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Runamok81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAIZEE wrote:
sorry but I don't think banging a screw is going to help. Perhaps soaking it in a rust reducer or another kind of lubricant?

Just making sure I was banging on the right part. Looks like I'm off to my FLAPS to get some penetrating oil and soak this guy for awhile.

Can't believe this thing is that hard to turn!
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dometic Fridges YIKES!!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Williamtaylor33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righty tighty lefty loosey. Idea
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: