Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ian - [email protected] - german specialities
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Ian
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Zed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Ian - [email protected] - german specialities Reply with quote

samba username: "Ian"

Ian installed a steering box in a 1970 westfalia and also adjusted my brakes. He did a great job and is very knowledgeable about VW's despite being younger then most ACVW enthusiasts. His rates are reasonable and he will work with people as far as the cost. The day before I had the work done he helped out a hippie couple with serious transaxle problems, patching them up for free. The force is strong with this one.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG UPS, ZED!!

thanks for the kind words man!

glad all worked out...bring it back down here and we'll get some tires and an alignment for ya.

thanks for the pizza too!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a set of glass taillight lens off Ian. He told me had broke one in the packing process(they were already cracked and glued together) and so he had refunded my money plus i got the 2 taillights i had paid for along with another as a bonus....all for nothing Shocked Will buy from him again anytime..
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least somebody could use the parts!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xavi_242
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a 010 from Ian. Great seller, fast shipping and well packed.
taylorman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Rabbit fix up Reply with quote

Ian and his buddy totally hooked me up. They are honest, well priced, and clearly knew their shit about VWs. They got my little rabbit fixed up in no time and set me off for a ride to California.

I brought my rabbit in thinking I'd need a new alternator. Ian checked it out and found that there was only a problem with some of the wires. He got it all patched up at a fraction of the cost and even hooked me up with a deal on a new spare tire.

I'm so lucky to have come across this kind of quality care for my vw on my trip across the US. I could have easily got stuck waiting and been charged extra for stuff i didn't really need.

If i'm ever drivin across the country again i'd be more than happy to break down in Denver. Whatever the problem I know that Ian would hook it up with quality work and have me back on the road in a flash.
ratlook63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian is a stand up guy. He has always helped me out with my stupid questions and helped me out with parts when I needed them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sdebaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Good item, super-fast service Reply with quote

My experience with Ian has been very good. Even during the hoilday season, he got the distributor to me very fast. Price was very good, too.
Kix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Saw you picked up the AWD T1, then saw your ad, but cant find your location.

What is your address?
Mr. Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian sold me an electronic ignition. He gave me a good deal with shipping included in the price. I realized I got an even better deal when I saw what he paid for shipping. I'd definitely do business with this guy again.
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian hooked me up with a bunch of parts at a fair price. I will buy from him again.
and take the kids for instance "Are we going in the Volkswagen bus?" and they say "Yay!" and clap their hands and if it's a glorious day you can slide the sunroof back and let a little of the glory in and all of a sudden, it stops looking funny.

-Volkswagen ad
HoldenStrong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Denver Dubs (Ian Strack) Review Reply with quote

I drove my 1971 Bus from LA to New York City, and broke down 30 miles east of Denver - the generator kicked the bucket. Luckily, I chose Ian Strack - owner of Denver Dubs - to replace it. He had an extra one on hand, and had my bus running that same day. The service Ian provided turned out to be so good that I decided to stay another day in Denver so that he could fix a couple of other things on my bus (install some gauges, clean up my entire electrical system, etc., etc.)

The prices are fair and honest, and the turnover rate is amazing. He had four buses come in his shop that first day, and all four left that same day. Ian's work ethic is impeccable, but more importantly he is an honest person whom you can trust with your vehicle. I recommend Denver Dubs to anyone. The people in the Denver area are lucky to have a mechanic like him around.

- Steve G.
roamer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another high recommendation for Ian. Our '66 bus needed attention in the midst of a cross-country camping trip to Colorado, and he solved its problems and tuned it up nice, and did some other routine maintenance work on it. We made it across all the mountain passes and safely back home. As others have noted, Ian seems to care about doing good work, he's careful, and willing to share his knowledge. If you're within striking distance of Denver, don't hesitate to call him - you'll be glad you did!

-Ken B.
veloandy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of tires and hubcaps from this guy. He mounted the tires at his shop for a great price.

He is an honest, super-knowledgeable, hard-working, cool dude who is totally passionate about air cooled VWs. I was impressed by the care he took to double-check the air pressure and torque on all of my lugnuts. His shop was full of major project air-cooled VWs that were clearly being worked on.

I got the feeling that he and his buddies stay at the shop super-late every night wrenching on project VWs just for the sheer joy of it.

He gave me a square deal. Great experience working with him.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again andy!!!

bring your Vanagon by anytime!!
Jerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is alright! He does what he says what he'll do, even shipping small parts quick at a fair price. What a smooth transaction!

thevwcompound *instagram*
type2vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a set of tires from ian. they were shipped from colorado to nor-cal. ian did a great job getting them to me w/o breaking the bank and the tires were a good deal. hey how about moving your shop to sacramento. i need some work done on my 66 bus & it sounds like you've got the good vw karma going. i would buy from ian again & recommend him. thanks!
zaakystyles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Helped Reseal my Transmission as well as some other goodies. Reply with quote

I lived at an apartment so I am not able to work so easily on my bus, I had to install a new clutch cable a while ago and the grounds crew were there in 5 minutes stating I had to move my bus if I was going to work on it. One of my seals on the transmission failed so I had to do something.

Ian was able to help me through the transmission reseal, dropping the engine, installing a new starter(found its gears were a little chewed) while everything was out, installing a working bowden tube, clutch release bearing, and rerouting my gas lines better. Got all this work done in less than 24 hours.

He's opened his garage to me whenever my bus needs an oil change as well which is nice as the previous mentioned apartment issue.
ChrisRheinschild
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Mexico muffer Reply with quote

I just received a unique 1600 muffler from Ian. It was everthing he said it was. Very helful and easy to work with.
epayne611
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Packaging and pricing Reply with quote

I just bought a '67 rear hatch from Ian. It was very reasonably priced and advertised in good shape. He shipped it via greyhound.
When I went to pick up the hatch, I could not believe how big the packaging was. Literally the best packing job I have ever seen, it ended up being about twice the size of the actual hatch. Double layered, bubble wrapped, styrofoamed, cardboarded, and finally trailer-strapped to hold it all together. It was heavy as hell.
The door itself appears to be in excellent shape. Glass is nice and original, insignia is straight, no dents, og paint...I just wanted to say thank you for the great deal and the care that went into packaging, it is much appreciated. Communication was great and I hope I get a chance to deal with Ian again.

Eric
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: