Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

I purhased an owners manual from this scumbag. $55.00 postal money order to a p.o. box. He claims it was his last '71 manual, but is still advertising it in the classifieds. Claims he shipped himself, but can't tell me how or when he shipped it. Do not do business with this thief.

Jeff
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know ,he's been selling a long time here ,and I have heard others complain that his prices are a little high, but no complaints that he is a thief. I would bet your item is in the mail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't necessary worry yet. Several times after I've sent my money order for parts off here the ad was still up for awhile. He's probably just keeping his ad up until he gets the money order. Lots of ppl out there who say the cheque is in the mail when it isn't. Give it some more time.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: BEWARE! [email protected] Reply with quote

bleep wrote:
I purhased an owners manual from this scumbag. $55.00 postal money order to a p.o. box. He claims it was his last '71 manual, but is still advertising it in the classifieds. Claims he shipped himself, but can't tell me how or when he shipped it.

It's not illegal to say "it's my last one".

I have had reports that he is sometimes slow on shipping stuff out.

I don't remove my for sale ads until the money is in my hand.

Give it a little time.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's allready stated he has received the funds. I have asked him three times via e-mail how and when he shipped, three replies but still no answers to the direct questions. It's only $55.00, but as we have all heard before, its the point of the matter. I have filled a complaint, on-line, with the postal inspector and have tried to alert others.

Thanks
Jeff
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everett,

You say "it's not illegal to say it's my last one" you also say "I don't ship till moneys in hand". According to Danny, money was in hand Aug. 2nd. What shipper would not have your product in hand by twelve days later, if in Danny's words, you shipped the same day funds were received. I have to question you're ethics, if all you're concerned with is legallity. I conduct myself ethicaly first, as do most people, and then try to conform to the law, when it does'nt conflict with what is right. I suggest you worry about what is right, rather than what is technicaly legal.

Jeff
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say that he reported receiving the money in your first post.

Yes, I would say do not do business with this person if they have your money and cannot give you a ship date.

When I said "It's not illegal to say "it's my last one"." I meant to imply that is sometimes used as a sales tactic. Whether it's really someone's last one doesn't really matter,

Last edited by EverettB on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did your part arrive?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say to be more patient.
Twelve days is nothing to wait to have something shipped.
I understand your beef regarding the slow email responses.
Slow shipping is N.B.D. in my book but slow/no communications is unacceptable.
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: BEWARE! [email protected] Reply with quote

UPDATE! No Product, No Refund, Still can't tell me how or when he shipped..... Total, Unabashed ripoff. Still advertising on Samba. Everitt, how can you let this thief still advertise?

Jeff,
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed at how impatient people are.....

I'm pretty sure Danny isn't a thief. I'd be surprised to hear that the book did not "eventually" show up.

I refuse to buy from Danny for other reasons.....

I don't feel that a seller should be "banned" from the classifieds simply for being slow to ship. I would have been banner years ago...
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was shipped "MEDIA MAIL", what we used to call book rate, it is really slow. They put it on a single cab pickup for cross country delivery. Sometimes it takes 3 weeks to get cross country.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NeverHadaBeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me over 2 months after payment and several e-mails to get my $85 table from Mr. Hanover. I got the table and all was cool, but with that kind of service I don't even look at his damn ads any longer. Many complain about him, many defend him, buth the wise ones just simply stay the hell away from him.
In a chartreuse micra-bus."
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Comming on one month now. No product, No refund, No response!
christinewhitehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry your having so much trouble getting that manual. Hopefully it gets to you soon. I always give people the benfit of the doubt intil there is a reason not to and hopefully you were not scammed. Thanks for the warning.

Christine Rolling Eyes
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see He has a new ad. I still have not received product, or a refund. He still can't tell me when or how He shipped, BUYERS BEWARE! He includes shipping in the prices because he does'nt plan on shipping them.

He'll only take check or money orders, no Pay Pal, so you won't be able to dispute the charges to you're credit card.....

Jeff

Last edited by jeffdt on Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, He is still advertising as recently as four days ago for a new item. He is still advertising the owners manual he sold to me, his last one by the way. But thats okay, Everett said is was allright to say it was his last one.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleep wrote:
Yes, He is still advertising as recently as four days ago for a new item. He is still advertising the owners manual he sold to me, his last one by the way. But thats okay, Everett said is was allright to say it was his last one.

If he has an ad that says "it's my last one" and he never deletes that ad, it will always say that. It doesn't mean he has more than one manual.

If you have a problem or if you are not getting what you want out of your email correspondence, why not call him?

Update:
Mr. Zepeda sent me your email correspondence. I read it. After reading it, I wouldn't have sold you the manual in the first place. You call him a scammer, a crook, and a dishonest seller, then you buy the manual anyway. This sounds crazy.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell you why I will never deal with Danny Zepeda aka Mr Hanover
Cruising the Pomona swap meet I see he has NOS colored fender beading in the orange my friend needs for his late Super. I tell my friend Danny wants $50 for a set. My friend says he wants it, so at the Classic I buy it for my friend. He goes to install it to find out 2 of them are about 4" too short. Since all my contact has been face to face so far and I'm going to be at a show where Danny is selling, I don't tell him of this problem by e-mail, instead I just ask him to have a set of the right fender beading at the next swap. Then I showed up with the mismatched set and start to explain the problem. I've never seen anyone blow up like he did. He accused me of calling him incompetent that he makes a defective part. I said I recognised that it was VW that made the parts and all I wanted was to trade for the right ones. In his loud ranting, he accused me of being so stupid that I couldn't even install fender beading. Its not rocket science, we tried switching it front to rear and even offered it up to a standard Beetle. There is no difference in the length of fender beading front to rear. This guy sold me a defective part then wouldn't stand behind it when the cost to him to rectify the situation was next to nothing.

Edit: Danny, if you are reading this, I will publicly retract this if you make good on the fender beading. The cost to you to fix this is very little. The choice is yours.

Last edited by Bruce on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
jeffdt
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,

Roger that, a BIG Loser! Everett, did he also send you his e-mail to me explaining how and when he shipped? No he did'nt, because it does'nt exist. Why call him, he can't answer a simple question by e-mail. I sent the loser $55.00, why should I have to fight and hassle to get something I paid for? You can clearly see his idea of customer service by reading bruce's post.

Jeff
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: