Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Left High Beam Not Working but Strange
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Left High Beam Not Working but Strange Reply with quote

Aloha

Headlights work fine on my 91 Westfalia but when I turn the high beams on the left bright does not come on and it takes out my regular left headlight also. The bright and regular headlight work fine on the right side.

The bulb looked good so I switched it with the right high beam bulb and the same thing happened. Right side headlight and bright come on just fine but the high beam takes out both on the left side. The wiring looks good as well as the connections.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you for your time
John
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the fuses? #10 is the left high beam
Do you have headlight relays? are they fused?
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you changed anything lately? Ignition switch maybe?
theadventureneverends
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syncrodoka

I will go check number 10 now. No relays for me but that is coming up soon. I need more light or brighter at least but fear that is a sticky post. I will have to do some research on that unless you are able to tell me how to get the brightest possible beams out of my stock lens's adding relay and brighter bulbs ?????

No electrical done lately of any kind. Well that is not true PDL PW PMs and a tail light bulb as well as a stereo but none that I would think would knock out my left high beam hopefully the fuse.

Thank you
John
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theadventureneverends wrote:
No relays for me but that is coming up soon. I need more light or brighter at least but fear that is a sticky post. I will have to do some research on that unless you are able to tell me how to get the brightest possible beams out of my stock lens's adding relay and brighter bulbs ?????

You can build your own, or go the easy route and buy the whole kit: http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3093&category_id=376&category_parent_id= . Van-Cafe.com sells a kit as well. The best upgrade for any older VW. The difference is amazing. Mine went from barely-able-to-see-where-the-hell-I'm-going to holy-crap-I-can-see-signs-a-mile-up-the-road!! The only difficult part about the whole job is crimping the wires together under the dash, but if you have a good crimper it's not that bad. It's so easy a girl can do it.* Wink

*I'm a chick, so I can say that. Laughing
2016 Golf GTI S
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction; the world will have a generation of idiots." ~Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: