Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Hoody
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 07, 2024
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

This guy misrepresented his parts. Sent me oily used parts. After many sales and buys this is the first person I have ever had an issue with in 12 years. So consider the source. My reputation is impeccable. This guy has zero feedback whatsoever.
1200deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Excellent communicator - after talking it over, we decided his AFM would not be appropriate for my bus, (close, but not quite right), but he then went out of his way to locate one overseas that would work. Very helpful and considerate.
popuppopdog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Thank you Bob! I appreciate your knowledge of VW parts and NOS parts, unparalleled . I would still be looking for things I couldn't imagine even finding. Got the right NOS product, original sealed packaging, thanks for help on my build.

Bob, I have been doing plumbing for 30 years and with the advent of social sites the problem is the ease with which someone can try to tarnish your name. I have hundreds of great responses and then you get one nut case. I can say from my experience with you , which has been lengthy, ?"impeccable" is an appropriate description of my experience with you .
whip618
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Bob is an excellent buyer and communicator, numerous transactions through the years have all gone smoothly and he really knows his vw stuff.

Samba Member No. 3307
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Hoody: Great seller great communication. Really got us out of a bind on a Bus proportioning valve. Prompt shipping, Thanks Hoody !!
dirtstkr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

We bought a NOS Air Flow Meter from Hoody . He was prompt in all communications and item was delivered well packaged and quickly . It got us back on the road with our bus and it's running great ! We would order from Hoody again. J and C Ray
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Bought some nice nos goodies from Hoody - Bob - not to long ago. Well presented nice early bits. A pleasure to deal with a fellow enthusiast who prices well and has some of the harder to find detail stuff I like to buy. Would gladly do business with Bob again! Thanks brother.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RONIN10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Bought a pair of NOS type 4 timing scales from Bob. They arrived in a timely fashion and as described. Glad to do business with him and will do so again.

Oscar: 1976 Westfalia Deluxe Camper, 2.0L FI, Manual Transaxle
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

It's great dealing with Bob. Honest guy, fair prices and quick delivery.
JaimeH Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

I ordered from Bob recently. The part arrived quickly and in good condition. I would buy from him again.
mcdonaldneal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Great guy!
Bob contacted me with details of a rare NOS part for our Kombi that he thought I might be interested in. Great communication, well packaged and the part was perfect.
The only downside was my fault as I should have asked him to declare it as a gift on the package-I was hit with a small customs charge but a much larger administration fee! Not a disaster, and as I say, my fault entirely.
Thanks Bob, would definitely buy from you again!

Stop dead photo links! Post photos to The Samba Gallery!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

mcdonaldneal wrote:
Great guy!
Bob contacted me with details of a rare NOS part for our Kombi that he thought I might be interested in. Great communication, well packaged and the part was perfect.
The only downside was my fault as I should have asked him to declare it as a gift on the package-I was hit with a small customs charge but a much larger administration fee! Not a disaster, and as I say, my fault entirely.
Thanks Bob, would definitely buy from you again!

As a rule of thumb with any overseas/country transactions of parts - always declare it a gift! Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Turbod16v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Quick communication, good prices. Saving to keep an eye on future sales!
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

I purchased something more from Bob and the transaction was perfect. Don't hesitate.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

Made my first purchase with Bob. Excellent communication. Parts arrived quickly and as advertised. Great seller.
69 Single cab
88 Wolfsburg Vanagon
2001 Golf TDI 354,000 and running strong
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WendyArmbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

I bought a NOS brake booster. It was in perfect condition and the packaging job was bombproof. He cut all these little foam bits so that it was perfectly fit into its box with no wriggle room at all, and still fast shipping. My brakes have never worked better! Thanks!
johnv8530
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoody - [email protected] - Bob Hood Reply with quote

I bought the yellow bucket that goes inside the Late Bay Westy Stool from him. The Bucket was as or better than he described. What impressed me the most was his willingness to give advice on how to polish it, what products to use, he took quite sometime packing it so it arrived without damage. He has great communication, a great willingness to help, is fair in his pricing and even offered to help find items he did not have that I was looking for. I highly recommend him and I am always going to check with him first if I need anything.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: