Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vanagon lock trick!!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dustibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: vanagon lock trick!! Reply with quote

hi. on my vanagon i had power locks. well they stopped workin and always went to the lock position and stayed there (it sucked). i took the actuator things off and had manual locks. but now every time you get out of your van you cant push the locks down while the doors open. so you have to use your key after you close your door to lock it (really sucks). yesterday i was done doing this and did something about it. and thought id tell yall how i did it!! first you have to get your door mechanism thing out (that holds your door closed) and pop the plastic thing off. i broke mine in one little spot so i didnt take off the hole thing..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/50380580@N03/4632752850/in/photostream/ ....., which is ok because when you put it on, the door is against it and holding it in place. ok theres a little tab that stops it from locking while the door is open that you have to cut off, i bent mine up so it would be easier to hit with the dremel...... http://www.flickr.com/photos/50380580@N03/4632167689/in/photostream/ ..... once you cut it off.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/50380580@N03/4632764742/in/photostream/ .... your done!! im so happy about this.. its much easier to just slap the lock down while the door is open, shut it, and walk away. now, theres only one bad part about this.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/50380580@N03/4632232169/ .... you can lock your KEYS IN YOUR CAR!!! thanks for readin and good luck!!![/img]
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't need to break the plasic piece off. A search here would have netted you this- http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=252765&highlight=door+lock
vannygun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me to have my key when I get out and with my memory I need all the help I can get. I have locked myself out of many vehicles and appreciate the feature. Rolling Eyes
2006 jeep commander
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are the type of buyer that that feature was designed for, but it was a nuisance for me Rolling Eyes
vannygun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the same way with keyless entry, I never lock the doors with anything but the remote that way I know I have it with me. Funny thing is i remember to lock the vanagon with the key everytime I get out of it but if not for that feature I would forget my keys in it frequently. My brain is very selective on what memory issues i have. That feature worrys me(the door locks) though when someone else drives it. I am at a point that nobody else will ever drive it though because of all of its quirks.
2006 jeep commander
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was notorious for locking keys in car. Then I got a jetta and need key to driver's door to lock, same as Van. Works for me. This little nuisance saves my derriere many a time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
speedygeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: vanagon lock trick!! Reply with quote

Why didn't you fix your power door locks, it's not that hard to troubleshoot the problem. I love my power door locks.
K58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just have a spare key on the van?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: