Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What ever happened to Randy of Randy's Stuff
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
k.t.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a boulder native, used to run around with a "restless native" sticker on one of my bugs. Made the trek out to the pacific northwest when things got too politically correct and the land of fruits and nuts got fruitier and nuttier. I miss boulder, the old boulder, the community of ranchers, miners, and jeans wearing intellectuals, not the New York and Californian refugees.
saulg1971
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there only one Randy's Stuff sign??
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Randy's Stuff Hot Wheel packed away. I can't remember if it's pink or purple.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tyler 5447
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go in to Randy's shop all the time when I was young. I remember seeing Randy at some local shows a few years ago. He sold the shop out to a couple guys named John and Tyler. They had it for a while then sold it to a guy named Greg. I worked there for Greg for a few months up until he closed the doors which was about 10 years ago now.
OldtownBigA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: What ever happened to Randy of Randy's Stuff Reply with quote

I'm here to dust off an old thread.I started a job at Empire Big A in late July 1993, as their stock receiver/light machine service guy. Time passes, and this guy walks into the store with a set of Bug drums asking me if I can turn them true, I said yes, turned them true, and had a customer until I moved on.
The customer was the manager of Randy's Stuff, and he was the Isetta fan. He offered a collectible Hot Wheels car for every VW drum I was able to turn safely, and there were only a few I declined to machine. This guy managed to find first run Redline cars by the case, and that shit blew my mind, he found them in old stores closing in the mid west.
After a bit, the manager talks Randy into making his own Hot Wheels Bug for promotion, which he does. Randy orders his first 250 Bugs with pink paint (it was the '90's), they arrived purple. I was able to get two of the purple Bugs, then when the correct pink Bugs arrived, I only got one of those. Too bad I sold them a long time ago, I now think I could have turned a drum for $40
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: What ever happened to Randy of Randy's Stuff Reply with quote

He is still around, was at VWOTG show in May.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VYB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What ever happened to Randy of Randy's Stuff Reply with quote

I used to go there in the mid 80's when they were off of I-25. They had a dog named Comear.
T Hollis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What ever happened to Randy of Randy's Stuff Reply with quote

"Good Memories" and "Good People" !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: