Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Part Number for '84 Sliding Door Latch
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Part Number for '84 Sliding Door Latch Reply with quote

I think the latch on my (84) sliding door is dying -- can someone tell me the p/n of the assembly?

I'm referring the metal gizmo that the handlle goes thru and in turn tugs the cable. IIRC the early vans differed from the later here. Any info on the change point might help too.

Yes, I expect it is stamped on the thing, but hoping I can avoid pulling that panel just to see what the number is. It's 107* outside and likely hotter at the moment in the garage.

TIA for any info. Geo
[/list]
reluctantartist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Bus Boys site. There are a lot of small parts in the mechanism so you will need to figure out what it is that is failing. SO you will need to take the door apart. Many parts are NLA so you will have to either go to a junk yard or get creative.
Nikkoleto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Sliding Door part for a 1987 Vanagon GL Reply with quote

I am looking for the name and part number of the part that is connected to the body that the sliding door latches to when opened? Does anyone have that part for sale?
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at my Bentley today as I have much the same problem. I don't remember seeing part #s but it shows it all step by step and it says ya gotta take the door off. But I'm going to try something tomorrow and see if that overcomes my problem. It is the aft release or something in that region that seems to not function when trying to open from inside or outside.

You should get a Bentley if at all possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nikkoleto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a pdf file of the Bentley Manual. Definitely need to get a paper copy!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: