Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

front kick panel dimensions?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

I'm recovering my old panels in my 67 dlx, but there were no front kick panels in it when I got it. I've been struggling with making a decent template from cardboard, but if there was a layout available somewhere on the web it would help me make a more exact panel cut-out. Anyone know whether and where a layout of the front kick panels might be available? John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

buy repop ones from wolfsburg west. they fit good, are reasonably cheap, and you can cover them with any material you want. WAY easier than trying to make them from questionable measurements. or find some good used ones at a show and trace them. just be sure to get the correct ones for your year, as the shape of headlight holes, fuse block size and location changed, and yours should have holes for th heater vents as well. i never heard of a "layout", since they are not rectangular and have many curves, corners, holes, etc.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

I need to buy a bit of board of o make myself a temporary kick panel (front panel in cab around the headlight and fuse box). Can anyone tell me the max dimensions please as I'd like to source some board before I next travel to my bus which is currently about 90 minutes drive away. Many thanks. Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

bally wrote:
I need to buy a bit of board of o make myself a temporary kick panel (front panel in cab around the headlight and fuse box). Can anyone tell me the max dimensions please as I'd like to source some board before I next travel to my bus which is currently about 90 minutes drive away. Many thanks. Dave

24" by 32" should do with room to trim off.

FWIW I make interior panels and can ship internationally. pm me if interested.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Can anyone tell me the max dimensions

You're going to need 25" X 20" minimum to cut it close. Since it's temporary you could get 24" X 24" but it will be 1/4" too short on one of the sides. Clara makes those so maybe she will chime in...bing-bing.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

If this vehicle is a commercial class bus and it lacks Clara's panels it will plummet into a hole of homemade despair from which there lies little hope.

Either see Clara's panels for sale or plan on the bus being for sale. Cool

(Clara has not reimbursed me for any portion of this post- but, I may need some M505 panels someday and my birthday's coming up)

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
24" by 32" should do with room to trim off

Whoa I didn't even realize this was posted prior to mine. So...nevermind.
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: front kick panel dimensions? Reply with quote

Thanks for all your replies - I now have the info I need. If I was going for a stock commercial or Kombi interior I would definitely be up for Clara's panels. However, I'm going for more a 62 deluxe look and have just fitted a pair of these door pockets:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1443912

They're awesome!

Cheers,

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: