Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody bought and installed the VC Alloy Evap Tanks
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Anybody bought and installed the VC Alloy Evap Tanks Reply with quote

Wondering about the fit compared to the OG plastic ones since members here have post various ‘words’ about trying to get the Fuel Overflow tanks removed and back in again with that bump or shape of the tank fighting them.
With rigid metal, no flexing seems possible , so I was wondering about that.

None of the original plastic tanks are getting any younger, and the lighted pictures of cracks spidering all over the place means even sitting still with no fuel in them, they’re not that long for good service life left.

https://www.vancafe.com/251201303-304C-ALUMKIT-p/251201303-304c-alumkit.htm
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody bought and installed the VC Alloy Evap Tanks Reply with quote

Looking at the rear of these tanks, it looks like the oval foot will keep the back of the tank from sitting as close to the body as the plastic tanks do, maybe a bit of stand off distance to allow water and dirt to drain down and not get trapped.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody bought and installed the VC Alloy Evap Tanks Reply with quote

I helped a buddy install a set of these a few months back. Like all RMW stuff, they're extremely well-built. They slide into the indent in the back and attach with the stock nut on the front, nice and snug. As I recall, they required a bit of convincing but nothing too crazy. They're really nice.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody bought and installed the VC Alloy Evap Tanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Mine are on order now and on their way.
I’m sure I’ll be surprised by the state of the roll over valves and hose going to them once I drop my plastic tanks down.... Razz Razz
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: