Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How many engine to transmission nuts do I need
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
donmurray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: How many engine to transmission nuts do I need Reply with quote

My 74 does not have an engine, but I do have a bag with 2 bolts and 3 nuts from when it was removed. I know 2 of the nuts go on the bottom engine studs. Another nut on the long special bolt that's near the starter. The other bolt goes on the drivers side top. Does it screw into the engine case, or am I missing a nut? If I'm missing a nut, who sells them. Probably need some spring washers also.
EPETREA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is a newer case, it will have a stud mounted in the drivers side top. I think they started doing it this way when they switched to the doghouse fan shround because of how difficult it would be to hold the bolt while tighting the nut.
should have 3 other nuts and bolts for the other locations. but if your case is an earlier year it might not have the stud. Then in that case you would need 4 bolts and 4 nuts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sepulvedac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

relax... it will screw into the engine. The driver side on the top it has a...can't recall the name, but you will be able to screw the bolt into the engine.
Make sure you are using the engine that came with the Ghia, or any engine from 71 and up using the doghouse fan shroud, and look at that side before installing the engine and you will see where it goes.
Too easy.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: