Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MrBusCo - [email protected] - Josh Andersen
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: MrBusCo
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Sdmjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the Blazecut fire suppression system from Josh. Super fast shipping and great communication. Very Happy Took me a long time to get around to installing but it was even easier than he described. A pleasure doing business with Josh and look forward to doing so again in the future. Cool
Thanks!
slowvolks1969
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a small part off the JOGR site. It was shipped fast, and is great quality. Thanks!
dlicious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long overdue feedback! I saw an add and realized I forgot to leave praise....Great person to deal with. Great communication. I would defiantly do business again!
pyrobus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Josh at JOGR Reply with quote

I purchased a set of mesh headlight covers They were shipped fast and arrived in perfect condition. I am normally hesitant to purchase any aftermarket items for the Pyrobus but the covers fit nice and look good, easy to install and great price too! Thanks for the awesome bling... and a great transaction

Mike
mrdbraun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Rock-N-Roll bed/bench seat for Splitty bus Reply with quote

So i decided to jump on the advertised sale on the Rock N Roll Bed/bench seat for my 66 bus. I placed the order about a week before Xmas and received two days later. as far as time from order to in hand, awesome.
Now, on to the not so good...

1st. after purchasing i started to notice that this is no sale price but what they seem to go for on other ad's, about $380-$400.
2. When you look at the ad, it does not show anything about assembly, in fact the pictures are to low a quality to tell but it looks as though the pics are of a fully welded bench seat/base/backrest. When i received my seat it was in a fairly small box, This means a bunch of small parts... Ok, no problem, i own a VW so some assembly required is not a problem.
3. I open the box to find a loose fill of packing peanuts and all the parts thrown in.
4. There was no list of contents packed to let me know if anything was missing. There was..
I start assembling with the hopes i had all the parts...
5. Once assembled i realize there is nothing to hold the to sides together until you apply wood for seat/back. (not mentioned at all in the poor directions.) As i have a guy who does my upholstery i planned on dropping off a fully assembled bench to him and have him attache a seat and back. no wood on my part required..
6. Rather than have a bracket that house's two pieces of same size box tubing for the back "ribs", a smaller size is used which leaves a very loose "rickety" feel to the finished seat. to remedy this i drilled 12 pilot holes and secured small tec screws to hold ribs in place.
7. I had to repaint mine as the poor packing job left the metal parts scratched up and flaking paint,
8. Parts missing, Had to go to hardware store to get needed bolts to assemble and now have bolted in to my bus.
9. the directions made it to my top ten list of worst directions possible.
10. I had to cut the two support legs as the welded in tabs they bolt to are directly over the frame not allowing the seat to lay flat against base.
11. I emailed the owner after spending quite a bit of time trying to find any sort of contact from the website, (there is none) i got lucky by sending an email to the admin of the website.
While the owner got back to me very quickly to let me know he was on the road, ( i really apprecaited this as i was fairly frustrated with what i was working with, or lack there of..) but was told i would be contacted shortly after Xmas. well, the new year is upon us, i have the seat bolted up (at an additional expense, nuts, bolts, paint.) so whats the point now?

All in all, not very pleased. Even if it's the holiday's, no customer service is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, getting in touch with the customer is helpful only if something is done..

For the price the product is ok, the service not so, all in all i'd go elsewhere next time.

** Tip** add extra washers to the point where bottom and back pivit, it will help keep them from binding.
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave-

This is my first day back from vacation. You are on my list to contact today but I guess I can just respond to you here.

First off, thank you for your order, I really do appreciate it. Secondly, I am a one man operation here, that is why my prices are lower than others. I did see your email the evening of the 23rd and responded even though I was out of town. My family time is special and valued and it is a constant battle to not let being self employed take over your life. When I am on vacation I'm on vacation, today was my first day back to working and I apologize if I did not make that clear.

In response to your numbered issues.
1. You mentioned several times to me that you paid "almost $400" for the seat. $325 shipped is not almost $400. And I would like to see where your other seats are that are $380-400. Is that a shipped price? Is that a price is USD? I have the best price on this seat and even if you did find it for $380-400 shipped to your door, $325 is still quite a bit less than $400. It is an 18.75% discount from $400 and a 23.5% discount from my normal price of $425. I don't understand your gripe about the price at all.

2. My ad clearly states that assembly is required and also clearly states that the bed is not rigid until you attach wood to it.

3. Believe it or not, these come from the other side of the world with absolutely no packaging. Just the pieces in the box. Before I send them out I pack the box full of packing peanuts and also double box it to help protect it.

4. You are correct there is no packing list. That is not a bad idea to include in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

5. As stated earlier, my ad clearly states that the bed is not fully rigid until the wood is attached.

6. Once the wood is installed, it would not feel "rickety". If you cut and attach your wood to the frame it becomes very solid, and as stated, this is mentioned in my ad.

7. The seat is powdercoated. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some very slight imperfections in the finish from shipping but I doubt there was peeling paint, as powdercoating just does not peel. If you have pictures (as peeling paint has never been an issue before) I'd like to see them and I can discuss how to improve the product with the manufacturer.

8. I apologize that some hardware was missing. I check to make sure the bag of hardware is sealed and not loose before I ship them. I'd be happy to reimburse you the amount you had to pay for the hardware.

9. The manufacturers directions are not that great. I wish I sold enough of these to justify the time to make new directions. Right now I don't. Fortunately they are not that hard to assemble.

10. I'd like to see pictures of what you had to do. If the seat is manufactured incorrectly I'd like to take it up with the MFG to have it corrected.

11. I don't have my email posted on the website. You can contact me through TheSamba easily (that is where you saw the advertised sale I am assuming), You can contact me from the registration email as you did, or your order confirmation email, or if you paid with paypal my email is on there, or you can reach me through Facebook my JOGR page is linked in my profile here as well. There are plenty of ways to reach me. As for my timeline, see above.

I'll email this to you to make sure you see it. I am all for correcting things that are wrong and I stand by the products. Ive thrown away literally thousand of dollars of products that didn't cut the mustard. I am willing to work with people and take feedback to make a better product, but not while I am on vacation. Sorry if that was not clear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm....was getting ready to order one of these. Are the ones available from CIP the exact same product, with (possibly) the exact same problems?

Looking for '67 Engine / Block HO 183xxx - HO 194xxx
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken-

Yes, the CIP bed is the same from the same manufacturer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenshapiro2002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Josh,

Please comment on this as this is really the only part that concerns me enough not to buy the bed:

10. I had to cut the two support legs as the welded in tabs they bolt to are directly over the frame not allowing the seat to lay flat against base.

Not even clear about the "not allowing the seat to lie flat against the base" part.

Looking for '67 Engine / Block HO 183xxx - HO 194xxx
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken-

That concerns me too but I have not received any pictures from Dave about it. I have a unit here that is assembled with no issues. About 10 of these went out last month and I have no other feedback to relay.

It's possible his problem was a one off, but I can't really say as I haven't seen it or compared it to the assembled unit I have here.

I keep one here assembled so that when people have questions I can send detail pictures of how it is assembled.

kenshapiro2002 wrote:
Dave and Josh,

Please comment on this as this is really the only part that concerns me enough not to buy the bed:

Not even clear about the "not allowing the seat to lie flat against the base" part.

fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received an order of the stainless hubcaps and LED dome lights. Website was easy to use, item arrived quickly, packed great and everything looks perfect.

Best part was the surprise box of girl scout cookies that were packed in there. Probably doesn't happen all the time, but I didn't bother to look at the rest of the order until those were nearly all gone. So good! THANKS!!!
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just picked up a set of the stainless hubcaps. Josh was easy to deal with, quick with shipping and as above, got a surprise box of cookies! first one is free ,right? great way to hook and real in your customers Laughing

Whaaaaat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a divider glass, seal and rivets. Very, very nice products. And well packed! Thanks Josh!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a BlazeCut and fuel shutoff solenoid, and they arrived well packaged, and got here VERY fast. Thanks Josh!
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a set of the harp mirror arms from the JOGR website. Website was easy to order from and shipping was fast. Happy with product as well. Great seller in my book.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a "Blazecut" fire-extinguishing system and three DC toys from Josh, and they arrived today very well padded and packed. I'm very happy with his products and service. I have bought from Josh before, another "Blazecut' system last Summer. I'll be shopping with him again in the future too!

Thanks again Josh!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Josh,

I purchased the rock and roll bed from JOGR and when I received the box it had a hole in it about 3 inches long. After putting the seat together I discovered that one of the center bars was missing. Also, one of the side hinge pieces, (the longer of the two) had a misaligned hole in it and it's very close to the edge of the piece and looks like it won't last for very long before wearing through and not being functional at all.

You had mentioned that you were going to order more of the beds and keep one for parts in case others have anything missing or issues with the hinge pieces as I have.

When you get time can you please send me the center bar and another hinge piece so I can assemble the seat and install in my bus?

Thank you!
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting on the beds to come in. The port slowdown in California has severely delayed my order. The ship is just sitting there and cannot unload. It is scheduled now to be unloaded March 3rd.
Jasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Josh!
sbk0058
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject: Table Reply with quote

Purchased a table from Josh - item exactly as described and only took 6 days US to UK delivery. Brilliant service - will definitely be back. Cheers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: