Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Empi Sportster Roll Call
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
avw1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

This looks great. Does anybody have an idea on how to get it to NC for a reasonable price??
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Empi Sportster in Minnesota.............Listed yesterday
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Sorry; I missed that you wanted it shipped to NC. Definitely a cool find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

TheSamba shipping thread. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170895

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
avw1973
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

I am sorry that I was not clear. I have bought and sold rolling or running cars across the country. I have a broker that I have used for several years and am very pleased. I have also bought and sold engines and transmissions across the country and have used a freight broker.

This is somewhat in between and I was looking for an alternative. I have used Uship a couple of times with mixed results.

II appreciate your input.
turbodaves
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

We have developed new EMPI Sportster bodies in two and four seat versions. These bodies are faithful reproductions of the original EMPI design from 1964.

The kits are available un-welded and un-assembled. They include all major body parts less windshield glass and roll bar.

The four seat version shown mounts on a full length VW pan.

For more information and pricing contact:

Dave Schaible
925-640-2659
[email protected]
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Glad you found it.
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

I hope you all had a fun Halloween. Get some new pics before the winter locks you in your garage.
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Before you start stuffing your Turkey, lets see some new pics of your Empi Sportster.
Very Happy
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

vponder wrote:
This is my new to me , used engine, it was on another buggy I bought so go easy on me and yes I will be taking out the fuel filter there is one already under the back bed.

I got the opportunity to see Vince's Sportster today, and pictures don't do it justice. I've seen a number of them, and this thing is pristine! I wish I had taken pictures to share, but I'm horrible with that. I get too excited to see the buggies, and forget all about photos. The entire car is amazing, and the engine is clean enough to eat off of.
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Thanks Buggy Brian,

Can't wait to see new pics of the Empi Sportster.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Thanks Brian for the compliments it was good to see you and Don and Micheal at the show it was a nice day for a car show.
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Any Empi Sportster at the car show?
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

yankee1919 wrote:
Any Empi Sportster at the car show?
No just me I heard there was one at Bug Jam in Fla a couple of weeks ago, this show I was at was in Saint Augustine Fla put on at the VW dealership there nice turn out and great weather to boot.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

These would be interesting(and more usable) with a Type 3 engine and a longer bed with a tailgate.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
T2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Where was the gas tank located on that black one? Mine is in the bed and I am trying to figure out where I can move it for more bed space.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

T 2 , its under the back bed, its runs left to right . Its a rectangle , its go across the area where the shift coupler is. The battery is on the right where the tank ends. I think the tank is 9 inchs tall. Its holds 10 gals. The neck come through the side of the buggy on the drivers side. It has a copper fuel line on it with a cut off along the frame horn. If you go this route get one made out of aluminum and you could get a boat gas gauge for it from West Marine for it. Also I found some kind a chrome rod with alittle ball on the end I sliped a black piece of tubing I had down the rod then bent it to go in the tank so I see how much gas I have works pretty good I keep it under the seat. I dont like running around not knowing my gas level.
T2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

Thanks for the info
yankee1919
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

After much debate, I am going to up grade my fuel tank.
vponder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Empi Sportster Roll Call Reply with quote

yankee1919 wrote:
After much debate, I am going to up grade my fuel tank.
Whats your plan with the tank ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 21 of 33

Jump to: