Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front Turn Signal Bulbs Single or Dual Filament
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedygeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Front Turn Signal Bulbs Single or Dual Filament Reply with quote

I have a Canadian van, if that makes any difference and want to confirm if these bulbs are sigle or dual filament, does it matter if I put either on in as a replacement?
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to replace with the correct bulb -- the bayonet fittings are different for a single & double filament bulbs.

You don't say what vehicle you have... but on my 84 Westy those are double filament bulbs.

You should also cehck the connection as a failure here is often due to moisture and dirt rather than a burned out bulb.
speedygeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahwahnee wrote:
You need to replace with the correct bulb -- the bayonet fittings are different for a single & double filament bulbs.

You don't say what vehicle you have... but on my 84 Westy those are double filament bulbs.

You should also cehck the connection as a failure here is often due to moisture and dirt rather than a burned out bulb.

Opps, 91 Vanagon
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have dual filiment bulbs. One for the turn signal and one for running lights. It doesn't matter if it's Can. or US. If you look inside the socket like suggested, you will see two contacts for the bottom of the bulb. A single filiment will only have one contact in the center of the bulb and it won't work in the socket.
the caveman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to check at the base of the socket to be 100% sure. Since i have a german import, mine are single.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: