Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Installing new SVDA distributor questions??
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Pertronix Reply with quote

Function Test for Pertronix Module

Finding TDC #1/ Installing Distributor Drive Gear and Dist.
captincanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was describing a lot of problems I was having as well. The solution for me was.
1: Make sure the new distributor is 100% engaged
2: Triple check the vales to make sure you are not lining up the dizzy to fire on cylinder 1 on the exhaust stroke (took me 2 days to clue in)
3: Tighten that clamp so it wont budge
crDaniel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did check out the ignition module and it tested good; that gave me the motivation to try one more time. I carefully went through all the steps, and stressed those below and now I am running a Single Vacuum Dual Advance dizzy... Thanks for the replies!

(now to clean up the operation of my carbs for flawless acceleration!)

1: Make sure the new distributor is 100% engaged

I checked to make sure the new SVDA was long enough (I had read another post where a distributor was too short!) -- it is... I also made sure to completely engage the SVDA to the drive gear/woodruff key slot: I tapped on a dowel rod to really make sure it was fully seated.

2: Triple check the vales to make sure you are not lining up the dizzy to fire on cylinder 1 on the exhaust stroke (took me 2 days to clue in)

As the car has been running fairly well with the 009, I was confident that I was indeed at the correct TDC for #1... I find the new wire configuration not as neat as with the 009 (ie. the #2 wire being at 11:00 o'clock..) but have been reassured that this is how it is meant to be)

3: Tighten that clamp so it wont budge

Check (and was mindful not to over tighten....)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: