Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Len's spoiler buggy finally painted
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtGhost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

This buggy build is one of the better ones I have seen in a long time. The attention top detail in the pan bottoms are just fantastic. The attention to detail on the dash I was like wow. All kinds of Idea floating around now.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Wheels are on. Ready for the motor and body..just need to send the body off for paint.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

DirtGhost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

That is a sexy post !
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

That's lookin' super nice!! Cool
What are ya gonna do to keep the parking brake cable away from the chrome shock?
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

I think I will put a piece of hose over the line to help protect it. Not much I can do there, Suggestions are welcomed.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Hot Air wrote:
I think I will put a piece of hose over the line to help protect it. Not much I can do there, Suggestions are welcomed.

You are already sealed up, but I swap calipers side-to-side, clock the bracket at 12'O clock and run the e brake cable up from the bottom.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

damn you Joe, I guess I will have to take it back apart, Looks like that may work. I will have to re-bend the brake lines.

Thanks for the info
len
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Look closely at it before puling apart. I use the bent brackets for the calipers. Yours are the cast brackets, and the webbing may not fit over the spring plate if it is positioned at 12 o'clock. The bent brackets do not have side webbing.

If it does work, I use the bottom shock bolt to install one of the rubber covered SS loops to run the cable through keeping it up from catching anything low lying and to keep it from flopping around.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Good day today. I bleed the brakes with DOT5 fluid all went well. I had a few fittings that needed to be a little more tight ..bleed and bleed and then re bleed to make sure. Nice and hard pedal. Next will be to shorten the cables and install the motor this week.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Well not so good..i checked it this morning and the one back fitting is wet...😭 i guess I'll take it apart tonight..
Does anyone know where to get flexible brake lines made with a banjo fitting on one end.. I may hay to redo the rear lines and eliminate some of those fittings.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

I have used these guys in the past - https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group-customhose.asp?GroupID=CUSTOMHOSE . they can make custom lengths and put whatever fitting you need on the end. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
Bluggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

All I can say is wow, words cant describe how awesome your build project is.

Simply amazing and the way every project should be done..if time and resources is unlimited. I did a similar build on my 89 Euro E30 which is in Canada..you have one of the best projects I have seen...great work.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Well I have to order new lines. I tried again tonight but the one fitting will not seat..i did install the e-brake cables . I used throttle cable clamps on the ends. Work like a champ.
Installed the long block so now I can shorten the cable . Getting there one day at a time..not years now
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

I have bought flex braided lines from Pete at AirKewld and have had great success with them. Custom for the calipers so the hug close. Can get short ones or long ones to run straight to the brass junction block.

Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Joe I talked to pete today .I will be ordering them tomorrow.
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

I just sent out my Kadrons tio Kaddie Shack for an overhaul, I want to make sure the car runs good before I try to experiment with the center dcoe weber.
I put the engine in but have to wait until I get the tins painted before I will be able to finish putting all the goodies back on.
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

great looking build so far! love it!
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

Big thanks to Airkewld for the brake lines and brakes to hold the emergency cable and brake cable from hitting the shock..maks for a very clean look..breals are all sealed now.

joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

That looks good. Should have a good service life.

Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Len's spoiler buggy Reply with quote

WOW , I just read my post from last night, I guess I should have had my glasses on, Or spelled checked it. Laughing

Big thanks to Airkewld for the brake lines and brackets to hold the emergency cable and brake lines from hitting the shock. Makes for a very clean look.. breaks are all sealed now with no leaks. onto the motor and paint hopefully soon. fingers crossed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: