Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official: Volkswagens by the River 9 (Yuma), Nov. 5-6 2010
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Official: Volkswagens by the River 9 (Yuma), Nov. 5-6 2010 Reply with quote

November 5, 2010 - November 7, 2010 - Volkswagens on the River 9 Campout, BBQ, Show & Swap
Yuma, Arizona

Open to all VW’s-bugs, buses, ghias, rails, dune buggies, bajas, vanagons, water cooled, etc. in any condition. Bring it, enter it, and make some friends while feeling good about raising some much needed funds for Amberly’s Place.

BBQ, Fire, Campout
Camping is $25 for Friday and Saturday and includes BBQ for the driver. Additional plates are $5/adult and $3/child (12 and under). Drinks are free, which include keg beer, sodas, and water. The BBQ and Drinks are for Friday night only. If you are only camping Saturday night it is $10 per vehicle.
Friday-Gates open at 3:00 PM, BBQ and beer starts around 6:00 PM until gone, bon fire
Saturday Morning-7:30 AM wake up for show, roll to show about 8:00 AM
Saturday Night- gas-grills provided for cooking, Bon Fire, 6:30 PM evening cruise
This will all take place at the Yuma County Fair Grounds, the same facility as last year. There are nice showers and flushing toilets. We are camped in a grassy area and have control over lighting the area up as needed. Tents are permitted and there is no need to break down your camp. We also provide a BBQ for cooking and the fire wood for our community bon fire, so pack light and enjoy better gas mileage! Please, we ask that you do not do any "hot rodding" on the Fair Grounds property, pets are allowed as long as you clean up after them. The address is: Yuma County Fair Grounds, 2520 E 32nd Street, Yuma, Arizona 85365

Show
Volkswagens on the River 9 Show & Swap (The Yuma Show)
Saturday, November 6th 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Gateway Park, 259 South Gila Street, Yuma, Arizona 85366 which is located below the Yuma Territorial Prison State Park (Note: this is a different park then the one we have used the past several years). Trophies, T-shirts, Raffles, Engine Blow, Kids Events, Food (breakfast and lunch), Hot and Cold Drinks. Spectator Entrance is $2 (12 & under free), Vehicle Show Entry plus driver $10, Swap/Vendor spot plus driver $20. Please, no glass containers in the park, pets are allowed in the park as long as you pick up after them.

This years proceeds will again benefit Amberly's Place. This is a facility that helps abused women and children. For more information, check them out on line.

Thanks for supporting our events and our community. We look forward to seeing you all here! For general information or if you would like to sponsor the show in any way please contact Richard York at (928)342-9569 or Andy Michels at (928)785-6693. Thank you to all of our past sponsors for helping to make this event the one everyone in the Southwest is talking about!

Yuma is perfectly located for easy attendance from San Diego, the L.A. area, Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and of course our long distance runners from Albuquerque and beyond. We look forward to seeing all our friends and meeting some new ones! This year we ask that you bring a fellow VW enthusiast and their car with you. Thank you and we will see you all soon!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN.

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
62 Panel/Sub-Hatch/Camper
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mark michels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait! The Yuma Crew always does a excellent job. I may even get the limo bus running by then. I am going to try to "bring a friend" from work, he's got a 67 beetle. See ya there! Mark.
brickhaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure gonna try to make it. I have met a bunch of the "Yumans" at BBB and camped next to them at Blackstar...good folks. They kept a taco in my hand seems like on the hour!! Can't wait to party on their turf.

57 Oval Ragtop
60 Single cab
71 Westfalia
63 Heilite 2-wheel
67 Wards Riverside (under resurrection)
72 Triumph Bonneville
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking good that I'll make Yuma again! I'll be bringing Pops for a ROAD TRIP! this go around Smile

Thanks for the dates... time to look at flights.

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brickhaus,
Tacos are the main staple in these parts. You and all our other VW friends are welcome in Yuma anytime.

Doug,
It will be great to have you back in town. Let me know if you need any help with additional hotel arrangements for your pop.

Alright, to much talk from me for now, gotta finish packing for the Mogollon Madness campout trip in the morning.
BeadleBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump... Cool

Any news or changes...Still on for 11/5? (Gotta make plans... Smile )

Would not miss this event for anything!!! (Unless of course mother nature causes havoc... Shocked)

Looking forward... Cool
Beadle Buggy - '05 Desert Toy

If it's red (and white) it must be ours...
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No changes, the dates are set for November 5th-7th, 2010. You guys are great and we love having you here with us. Hope Mohave can make the trip with you.
stede
Samba Member

Location: Buckeye,AZ by way of El Sereno Rifa, Sur Califas 13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna try to make it this year,hopefully work doesn't get in the way again.
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already packing the bus! Might even bring 'HatchTop' too!

He wants to GO!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With *****, "Bullshit Happens"!
wanderbusvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! We will be there! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... Damn Lou, it looks like we may need to make a special trip over the border to get "Hatch Top" some dentures. I don't see a tooth in his head, did he leave them all in the mailman's leg? Anyway, Hatch Top and the rest of the Havasu crew are always welcome.
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait Andy!

With *****, "Bullshit Happens"!
mark michels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shot a note about your show, to the new bus club in Tucson "Tucson Bus Mob", hope you dont mind. Hope to see most of you guys in Jerome. Mark.
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. The Tucson Bus Mob is welcome in Yuma as well as all other VW clubs, groups, and individuals. It will be nice to meet these guys if they come, but if they don't I plan on being at Chirco this year to meet them.
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMPED!
BOOKED!
BITCHIN!

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great meeting tonight and voted on a t-shirt design and color. It is an awesome shirt, and I promise you are going to want two! This year we decided that we will sell two different colors which will remain a secret until show time. The staff will wear a third color that is different from the rest. Show shirts will be $12.

Every year we offer a preorder of long sleeve show t-shirts for those of you who want long sleeves. So here's the skinny, you must call my number and order by phone providing sizes and how many. Do not leave a message, make sure you talk to me to get on the list. The long sleeves will be $15 and will be the same color as the staff shirts. You must purchase your shirt by 10AM on show day or it will be sold to someone else. The cut off date to order the long sleeves is October 7th at 5PM.

Thanks everyone, the Yuma folks are busy as hell prepping the place for you!
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! My number is (928)785-6693, Andy
mickey86004
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on making this years event. I will probably break up my trip with an overnight stay in Phoenix and move on. Hope to see you guys there.

Mickey

1959 15 Window
1958 Panel
salty dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey, this is one of our favorites to attend. Come and bring some other Flagstaff VW folks with ya. I promise you, once you go you will keep coming back.

67 Fastback RIP 3-1-11
62 Panel/Sub-Hatch/Camper
69 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: