Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon VR6
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
casey79westfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xoo00oox,
Let's work out a deal. I would be willing to have you take care of the harness and buy an obd 1 vr6 from you. Where are you located?
76 Porsche 914
2014 Audi Q7
2010 Tdi Sportwagen

Currently looking for 62 Double Cab, 66 Westfalia Parts!
(Rear seat and pedestal, bumpers, mirrors)

http://www.baycountrymotors.com

My 87 Syncro Westfalia 1.8t Restoration

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418933

"Do it the right way, or you'll pay for it"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in upstate NY by the MA border, too far away to make shipping an engine worth it. You should be able to buy a AAA VR6 local to you. I can send a harness for not too much. The OBD1 I have is the coil pack type. better for you because no distributor sticking out toward the transmission. The coil pack can be located anywhere the plug wires will reach to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
casey79westfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you have the ability to make the wiring harness a simple plug and play with the vanagon I am totally interested. Yeah I was thinking the same about shipping an engine. I am unfamiliar with the vr6 wiring so this could make my life easier. Pm me.
76 Porsche 914
2014 Audi Q7
2010 Tdi Sportwagen

Currently looking for 62 Double Cab, 66 Westfalia Parts!
(Rear seat and pedestal, bumpers, mirrors)

http://www.baycountrymotors.com

My 87 Syncro Westfalia 1.8t Restoration

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418933

"Do it the right way, or you'll pay for it"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm sent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I found this thread! I have been offered a complete 2000 Jetta with a VR6, less some body damage on the left side. Mechanically sound, low mileage (60K). The owner wants $750 for the whole car. I was thinking along the lines everyone has mentioned, to either put it in my 87 Syncro or my 89 Westy (2WD), though leaning towards the Syncro.

If any of you would, is this a decent price? I know nothing about the VR6's. Thanks!
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been awhile since I've been on here, and even longer since I saw my old van drive away with the new owner. Cool to come across this thread. Although I wonder where my old van is now? There were plenty of things I wanted to complete on that swap, it could have been done cleaner but I was a tight time crunch. To those who were wondering, I actually had the VR6 sitting higher than was neccesary because I was looking for as much ground clearance as possible.

Now I have a new van, and I may considering doing a VR6 again, but keep it under the stock decklid.

Thanks for the kind words. And hopefully I'll start making a habit of surfing the samba and keeping up on things.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: