Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High Top install group for the Pacific Northwest
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: High Top install group for the Pacific Northwest Reply with quote

J. Charlton has just recently made arrangements for High Tops to be delivered to and distributed from Portland, Oregon (see http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=395549).

For an order to be shipped he needs five or more people to put down a deposit. Currently myself and one other person have paid a deposit to join this first PNW install group so we need for 3 more to join us before John will arrange shipping (see his website for details of the deposits required (http://canadianhightops.ca/hightopimages.html)

Since it could take up to two months for them to be delivered we need to move quickly if we are to get them before winter!

Any more PNW takers out there?
Coldwater Surfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality, fitment, and aesthetics are why I opted for this Hightop conversion. There is a thread tracking some of the first installs with a ton of information about this top. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=395549&highlight=hightop I can't wait to convert my Carat so I can surf the coast down to Baja in style. I already put in my floors, and installed my sink and stove. Now I just need some head room so I can actually cook. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just about finished my 87 (2.2 Subaru) syncro passenger van to camper conversion but I need the headroom and the Canadian Hightop looks like the perfect solution. I can't believe that there is no one else in the Pacific Northwest that is interested. If you are thinking about it, please reply to this thread and/or pmail me or John. We just need three more...

pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice front seats ! Could you share some information about them (brand, price, availability, easy installation) ?

Thanks !

shepherdsond wrote:

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
D Clymer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnwkayaker wrote:
Nice front seats ! Could you share some information about them (brand, price, availability, easy installation) ?

Those would be Recaro LSB seats from a 1989-1991 Jetta GLI. They have the standard Recaro bolt pattern for seat rails, so the standard (and expensive) Recaro Vanagon seat rails will work with them.

You can typically get these seats used for $250-$350, but they usually need some upholstery repair.

David
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shepherdsond
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PO put them in so I can't tell you much about them. I am two in minds about them myself. They certainly fit my back well and hold you in the seat when off road but they have no arm rests and sometimes feel too restrictive. I may end up putting the originals back in. Re upholstered originals in tan leather would be my dream. There is a photo somewhere here.

But anyway we are getting off topic - who wants to join us in getting a High Top??
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: