Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery

Last edited by grandpa pete on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ricks on the river " show today in Tampa ;

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Purple car and color co-ordinated driver Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the weather was good. I would have gone to this event had I known that it was happening.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be so tough on your self, there is always next year Cool

gondiwindi wrote:
Looks like the weather was good. I would have gone to this event had I known that it was happening.

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but I've held my tongue long enough..... Pete - That's one hell of a terrible parking job my friend. Was it a protest in response to that Sonata parked next to you?

Yeah, I'll be at the show next week for sure.

Rick's is more for the onion rings, but I do like the small local events.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure what's going on here or who parked what, where and how but you should give mussels and oysters a go as they were above average

gondiwindi wrote:
I am sorry, but I've held my tongue long enough..... Pete - That's one hell of a terrible parking job my friend. Was it a protest in response to that Sonata parked next to you?

Yeah, I'll be at the show next week for sure.

Rick's is more for the onion rings, but I do like the small local events.

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:

The purple car was parked that way to block that "foreign car " in the other photo from the OTHER side . I was getting a photo of the Ovals AND the water Smile

gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Is it the QSL show on Sunday?
pwomble
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
Is it the QSL show on Sunday?

Yes!
widerberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Hey, All:

Is there still a monthly VW Nite at Old Town? It's been a few years, but I remember there was one each month.

Many thanks!

Bo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

For anyone who hasn't heard of us, Local Volks is Central Florida's largest VW resource.

We meet the third Saturday of every month at the Clearwater Mall, and are gearing up for our second annual Buses, Beetles & Brats show October 22nd, held in conjunction with the Upper Tampa Bay Oktoberfest.

For more information on any of these events, check out our Facebook group www.facebook.com/localvolks. If you're not on facebook (looking at you gondiwindi), go to www.localvolks.net and join our email list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Hey Mr. U - I have been babied up on this side of the bridge for the past 12 months. I am still waiting for you or Grandpa Purple to offer up your baby sitting services to free up a few mins for me to take a spin in my old German.

The Samba is a one stop shop for me and it provides me all that I need and more. It even has emojis for goodness sakes!! - I know that doesn't make me the coolest cat in the universe but for me, if it's not broken...

To say that I am looking forward to the upcoming shows is an understatement.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

It's all good Mark, you have quite the collection of babies, and I know how time consuming one can be.

I know you'll like the Oktoberfest event. Last year was so awesome, just relaxing and drinking beer and eating sausage.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Best of luck with Irma everyone in the Tampa Bay and Florida VW scenes. Hopefully we will get a glancing kiss from Irma, but remember what they say - 'Don't let them see you bleed' and 'keep it classy'.

All the best and we've so got this!!
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Is anyone going to the St Pete Beach show next week?
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

I'll be there with my friend Dan in his sweet OG paint/logo 61 Panel. A few other guys from our group are planning to make the drive down. Should be a good time as usual.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

This is quickly becoming my favorite local show. There seemed to be more VWs this year and the weather was nice given the later in the year event date. Next year I will take my VW but this year was just a year too early for me.

Olsen's Halloween gig next.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

I was looking for you but never spotted you.

Next Sunday, come on out to Oktoberfest at Tampa Bay Downs. It's also a really good time!
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Probably due to the fact that my 6 year old was more interested in farting about on the beach than walking up and down the street with the old VWs parked on the side. I also drove my Explorer vs taking my bug which is just plain wrong. I will attempt to drive my bug to Larry and April's though.

I will definitely try and make that gig. If memory serves it's a good family event which makes it easier on the sell with the other members of the family who are a pretty powerful voting block when it comes to how we spend weekend time nowadays.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Yeah, it's definitely a family event. They have a carnival with rides and face painting and stuff, plus food and beer vendors, and even wiener dog racing this year.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: