Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Dreams, Jax.FL. VW Shop
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnorrty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: VW Dreams, Jax.FL. VW Shop Reply with quote

If you have a classic VW and need Service, Best keep Clear of VW Dreams.
Doing Business with this Unprofessional and Juvenile outfit will leave you Very UnHappy.
Watch Out North Florida
VW Dreams will Rip You Off.
Spent lots of Money with this Jerk and regretted every cent.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Details?
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, details. I had a few small things done. Just fine for me. A friends Ghia had some upholstery work, that was good too.
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy, If you didn't like to work we had done for you, you could talk with Dave and SCHEDULE a time which you could bring in your car for repair. If I'm understanding right, the work you are complaining about was done as "Dave helping you out" and you weren't charged for it.

You have to seriously understand that we have other customer cars in the shop which we are working on which indeed were here before your's and are on a schedule and we can't just drop what we have going on to serve you and you only. Understand?

Flying off the handle, threatening you're going to burn the shop down and picketing our shop with signs, is not a real good way to get your car fixed.

Sometimes I don't know why I help some people, I like Dave on numerous occations have helped you Troy with questions you had about you VW's which takes time away from the other customers.

I by no means think I've treated you in a way to deserve your actions.

I fixed your Ghia nose. Looked like this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Left us like this:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
GreasyDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is I have help this individual on more than one occasion and this week of all weeks, Bug Jam week I told him I couldn't tune his car and now he's mad and bad mouthing the shop because I won't drop everything and take care of his car right now. I would have gladly taken care of his car next week but that wasn't good enough so this is where we are now. He isn't the only customer that I have turned away this week. I am sorry for the inconveience I have other customers that have been waiting patiently and understand.

So if you are a present, past, or future customer please respond to how you were taken care of by our shop.

The real reason for his anger is his car is on ebay and only has a couple days left and he must have listed it as a great car and no problems. The problems have should have been taken care of before the car was put up for sale.

The type of person that I am, I haven't charged him the last three times he has needed something.

check out VW Dreams facebook page
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jaxdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Corey painted my car almost a year ago and I am definately happy with the work and the price. If they painted Hondas, my daily would be painted there as well. Keep up the good work guys.

Rick
67bugnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but it sounds like this guy is in that 1% of customers who can't be pleased. Your better off not having him as a customer.

Vw dreams is a solid shop with solid people,this guy is a digruntled because he didnt feel special when they didnt drop all their paying customers work to fix his for free. Rolling Eyes

The last time I was in the area my car craped out and a passerby stopped, went afterhours to the shop and got me the parts I needed to put me back on the road. I dont know who it was or if they even worked there or not but somebody opened the place for less than 5 bucks to help out. Only in the VW world does that ever happen.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder he didnt post any details.

Nice work on that ghia face.

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
bugnbyke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnortty,
Just picked up my type I from dave and all I can say is that Veedubdreams and Dave are top notch in their quality, and the way they treat their customers. Highly recommended.
J.H.
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote to delet this thread.... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubyaslc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these guys do top notch work..ive been there and seen it..ive known corey for a while and he pretty much replaced the whole rear end of my corrado close to three years ago and the thing looks great..keep it up dave and corey!
1971gti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Corey are great, never any problems. Dave painted my car about a year ago and any conserns I had, he did address in a timely manner. Not only are Dave and Corey professional but also very easy to talk to. As a matter of fact, when my car broke down Dave opened the shop at like 8pm and I was on my way in about 1-2 hours. Anybody wanting to get there pride and joy restored(restored right!) should highly consider vw dreams, even if you live far away.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Dreams, Jax.FL. VW Shop Reply with quote

tnorrty wrote:
Doing Business with this Unprofessional and Juvenile outfit will leave you Very UnHappy.
Watch Out North Florida

You need to post details and be specific about your issues or this complaint will be removed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Dreams, Jax.FL. VW Shop Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
tnorrty wrote:
Watch Out North Florida

You need to post details and be specific about your issues or this complaint will be removed.

This is what makes The Samba great! Anyone is allowed to voice their opinion, but if it is found to include false accusations that are intended to harm a vital part of this VW community, not help it. The proper officials take appropriate action to insure things are taken care of. Thank you Everett!

On another note, I would like to thank Dave and Corey for not only being good people as well as friends of mine. I would also like to thank them on behalf of north east Florida VW owners for providing a vital service to us. Thank you Dave and Corey!

O.C.O.D supports Vee Dub Dreams
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guy's for the kind words. Dave and I do our very best on every job.

Everett, Remove it or keep it, doesn't bother me either way. The truth always shines through.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
vw505
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a deck lid in daves shop right now for my 66' and when i went up to tell him i didnt have the cash right now to get it out, it was no problem come get it when you can. Heck i still owe dave 3 dollers for some brake shoes Embarassed . This has to be one of the most fare and undersanding shops around!
maindj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is BS. Dave and Corey are outstanding guys that perform top notch work. I have a '59 custom convertible that is not touched by anyone else. They are honest and skilled in what they do. I'm glad I did not see that guy outside the shop!! I would have had to say something if you know what I mean...

Keep up the great work guys!!! See you next week.
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjedi wrote:
We just got back from BugJam where our freind displayed her ultra-gaudy bright purple phat chick bus that just recieved a face lift from ww.vwdreams.com the paint and body work was stellar, she won best display and 1st in her class! Nice work guys. Very Happy

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
dockmaster Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Dreams, Jax.FL. VW Shop Reply with quote

tnorrty wrote:
Watch Out North Florida

Your first post here and you screwed up allready. I wish I could afford to have them work on my car. Remember these two guys did not get this far buy treating customers like crap and they make it happen. :snipersmile:
66aircooledK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave did work on my bug and did an excellent job. He was very fair and extremely helpful.

When I'm ready to get my car painted right...I'll be taking it to VW Dreams...

[quote="thom"]I have a question about buying a car @ Barrett-Jackson:

Do they use any sort of lube when they administer the "Buyer's Premium" or do you have to take it dry? Do you get a belt to bite down on? Courtesy reach-around?[/quote]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: