Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The PDX SplitStravaganza Thread
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: The PDX SplitStravaganza Thread Reply with quote

New to this forum but a very active member in the Vanagon and 181 forums. I have a thread for the Vanagon Forum that has worked out quite well for the local PDX owners. It is the Westravaganza thread. Well, since my SC is not a Westy, I am thinking the PDX Splitstravaganza thread...
A forum for the PDX crowd to share local events, shows and gatherings of like minded people. I am always amazed at how much more motivated I get when surrounded by people who share the same interests.

Well, I guess I will start. I have been dying to get the wheel cylinder fixed on my new '57 SC in between working and remodeling and parenthood....Shot my local PDX-er Saul Koll a PM and the brother hooked me up with a second set of eyes and a little help with a six pack Laughing

It has been @ 14 years since I worked on one of these and I wanted to make sure that I did not mess something up in my haste to get Floyd on the road. Saul even loaned me a brand new Bentley to get me back in the mindset. Did not take any pics of the process, just the end results....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looking forward to meeting his neighbor MajorWoody as well as many of you other local people.
Thanks to Saul for the help. Your SC is looking great! I must have those tires Razz

It is nice to be part of this community again.
Saul Koll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics! What a handsome pair those two trucks make.

Glad we got one corner of your system working, and I made it to my later appointments that day. You need to go through the other three now!

That is a beauty of a truck you have. The engine is especially cool, as is every other bit.
See you around,
Saul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saul Koll wrote:
Nice pics! What a handsome pair those two trucks make.

Glad we got one corner of your system working, and I made it to my later appointments that day. You need to go through the other three now!

That is a beauty of a truck you have. The engine is especially cool, as is every other bit.
See you around,
Saul

You are the selfless one...fortunate to have met the cream of the crop in my first pass through Cool We all can help each other out. I love PDX for this reason.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: