Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Riviera Stuff FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

I'm using the front storage for an 800 w generator and small boat gas can with hand syphion pump for refilling the gen and a lay down propane tank for long nights- might consider the "box it in" idea depending on weight. Let us know how it works out.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

williamM wrote:
I'm using the front storage for an 800 w generator and small boat gas can with hand syphion pump for refilling the gen and a lay down propane tank for long nights- might consider the "box it in" idea depending on weight. Let us know how it works out.

don't wait too long! I was responding to the previous few posts about putting a box up on the pop up. I did not post a "reply" as it was still an unbroken thread on storage. I was just curious about the luggage area being boxed. I have a sportsmobile, so I have the rack up front so I can strap anything I want up there.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
williamM wrote:

don't wait too long! I was responding to the previous few posts about putting a box up on the pop up. I did not post a "reply" as it was still an unbroken thread on storage. I was just curious about the luggage area being boxed. I have a sportsmobile, so I have the rack up front so I can strap anything I want up there.

We are currently stealing parts from the RIVI to get an adventure wagon on the road- so may not be mission critical right now- I have enough trouble putting the top up- let alone if I had a box up there full of dirty laundry- Saw a post of one with a canoe up there and they had helper cylinders to get the roof up and "support sticks" to keep it up- so can be done.- see ya on the road-bill.

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

Hello, I’m new to Riviera’s and am trying to find some info of this style pop top. cant seem to find any info online or any pictures with this style top. It’s about 3/4 the length of the bus.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

google image search, vw Riviera
https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+Riviera&sou...mp;bih=929
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

that's an early SPORTSMOBILE top.
odd though it does look like it has 50/50 sliding side window..

Likes Girls wrote:
Hello, I’m new to Riviera’s and am trying to find some info of this style pop top. cant seem to find any info online or any pictures with this style top. It’s about 3/4 the length of the bus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

2 scissor lifts or 4?
Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
2 scissor lifts or 4?

Here’s a pic from last night when I got it home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

Ooooo..

now I'm saying riviera
the vinylized canvas and the style of scissors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

riv for sure, the 4 lifts tell all. the sportsmobile and riv got their canvas from the same supply.
do you have the strip on the slider side for the outdoor table?
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

I thought I would just stick a post in here to have my bus in this thread in case anyone ever needs a reference or has question.

I'll just post one photo for now.
My bus Murphy (a work in progress - recently back from Body work) next to his 'big sister 'Big Emma'.

We're not 'new' by any means, but we love our Rivi's.

I do have a few select Rivi items/parts laying around that I won't be using - if anyone has a need.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
I do have a few select Rivi items/parts laying around that I won't be using - if anyone has a need.

Thanks Andrew! I'll take the one on the right. Laughing

Murphy is looking better and better all the time. Nice job on him.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
RodUSMC75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Riviera Sacralige Reply with quote

Ok, this was a passing thought, but wanted to ask the population.
I was thinking of removing my 77 Riviera top (full top) and covering the port on the top. Has anyone done this?

Some options I was considering
1. Welding sheet metal in place of the hole in the roof
2. Installing a sliding sunroof
3. Buying or fabricating a fiberglass low pro top that props up at an angle.

I really won’t be using the pop top and camping in Florida is like camping in your local gym’s sauna.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Sacralige Reply with quote

RodUSMC75 wrote:
Ok, this was a passing thought, but wanted to ask the population.
I was thinking of removing my 77 Riviera top (full top) and covering the port on the top. Has anyone done this?

Some options I was considering
1. Welding sheet metal in place of the hole in the roof
2. Installing a sliding sunroof
3. Buying or fabricating a fiberglass low pro top that props up at an angle.

I really won’t be using the pop top and camping in Florida is like camping in your local gym’s sauna.

sell it/ trade it for a tin top camper. don't hack it up.
Or, If you never pop the top, just don't pop the top.
I never sleep upstairs in my bus, but the headroom is something I would never give up. and I can stash the duffels full of clothes up there too.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

indeed if you have a poptop (in FL) and don't want the heat mitigating ventilation..
you've missed the bus son.

at the least I would replace the canvas with a full perimeter screening..
and maybe some water tight canvas Wink
Stoney Hawk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

Any info on this top would be greatly appreciated
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

^ you already asked. its a riv top. what do you want to know? how to repair? what canvas fits?
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Curtains and stuff Reply with quote

I replaced my curtain track and sliders with the parts talked about in the https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...6cf4e803bf link but now I'm wondering.. what did the original curtains look like? When I got my Riviera... it had DIY curtains in really bad shape. I don't even have a reference for what they are supposed to look like unless Riviera copied the Westy design like they did the interior. Anyone sitting on photos of OG Riviera curtains??

This is about all I have showing what was in my bus when I bought it..

If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

Hey scriv... Mine had the original curtains installed. They were simple, nondescript yellow (possibly from age) fabric sewed to a strip of elastic with the curtain clips. And "nondescript" is an overstatement. They had no design. At least Westys had a plaid thing going for it.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Riviera Stuff FAQ Reply with quote

Just thought I'd ad my '78 rivi into this thread..I've had it a few years now and just about got it set up how I want it..we camp in it all the time.
I changed up the interior to my liking. Made the full width split bench/bed into a regular full with z bed..new foam and covering. Ditched the sink/closet unit behind the drivers seat and put a jump seat there. Also removed the stove/fridge unit,I just put my chuckbox there now. added a front child cot also
Next project is making some sort of rear mounted spare tire mount since I can't stand tires on the nose.
Anywho I just thought I'd share, I have the cabinets I took out if someone ever has a use for them?

1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: